Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

Is Quickening Metamagic a trap?

(1/10) > >>

The Bald Man:
Given the difficulty of getting around mana barriers is Quickening Metamagic a trap for the black trenchcoat types? 

firebug:
If you get the Flux metamagic, you can use it to bypass wards (however, during this time your quickened spells won't affect you as they are temporarily scrambled).  Otherwise the only other way to do so is to manually deactivate all sustained spells and active foci so the ward can't detect you at all.

While it is an extra costs, Flux would be useful in a black trenchcoat type game anyways, and it's worth it to be able to use the immensely powerful Quickening metamagic.

Slipperychicken:
It seems pretty reasonable to me. When you press through a mana barrier, just get one net hit for every quickened spell, and you're golden. Just be sure to be a charisma mage.

If you only have one quickened spell on you, then you can guarantee it will stay up because you need one net hit to press through anyway.

The Bald Man:

--- Quote from: Slipperychicken on ---It seems pretty reasonable to me. When you press through a mana barrier, just get one net hit for every quickened spell, and you're golden. Just be sure to be a charisma mage.

If you only have one quickened spell on you, then you can guarantee it will stay up because you need one net hit to press through anyway.

--- End quote ---

Pressing through still notifies the owner - just like attacking it does. 

--- Quote from: firebug on ---If you get the Flux metamagic, you can use it to bypass wards (however, during this time your quickened spells won't affect you as they are temporarily scrambled).  Otherwise the only other way to do so is to manually deactivate all sustained spells and active foci so the ward can't detect you at all.

While it is an extra costs, Flux would be useful in a black trenchcoat type game anyways, and it's worth it to be able to use the immensely powerful Quickening metamagic.

--- End quote ---
Flexible Signature -> Flux -> Quicken.  If you go in that order it works.  My GM makes each initiation more difficult than the last (don't just pay karma and go) so 3 initiations is daunting. 

My point is that Quicken causes a whole new set of problems that are very hard to overcome. 

Slipperychicken:

--- Quote from: The Bald Man on ---
--- Quote from: Slipperychicken on ---It seems pretty reasonable to me. When you press through a mana barrier, just get one net hit for every quickened spell, and you're golden. Just be sure to be a charisma mage.

--- End quote ---

Pressing through still notifies the owner - just like attacking it does. 

--- End quote ---

Do you know where it says that? I'm having some trouble finding it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version