NEWS

Favorite Low-Lethal Weapon?

• 20 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« on: <03-02-19/1313:14> »
Of course, mine would be the Krime Tingler!

#ThisTaserGoesToEleven
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-02-19/1321:28> »
It’s hard to beat the Shock Gloves for sheer efficiency and ease of use... But I find that grenades of barrier foam have a ridiculous number of extremely fun uses if you’re creative.
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #2 on: <03-02-19/1614:03> »
I like Flashbangs when you're at a distance. As for up close and personal, Stun Staff is wicked. Intimidating, Range, and you can go 'I'm doing a touch attack' for +2 and ties are a hit, versus no bonus damage from net hits.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

fseperent

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-02-19/1624:44> »
Can I say a Narcojet slappatch? No?
Then Narcojet Gas Gun.

Ragin Cajun

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <03-02-19/1626:15> »
I still prefer an extreme ordinance of Gel Rounds in *insert favorite gun here*. We use the Knockdown rules frequently, so its like dominoes going up and down with them unless its an ork or troll or something like that. 
Just needs a little bit a cayenne pepper.

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <03-02-19/1636:27> »
Narcojet and a needle; I'm currently looking for a reusable injection weapon to mount on my flyspy. If anyone could point me to one, that would be very appreciated.

Also, reminder to everyone that any weapon is a non-lethal weapon if your target has enough armor.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #6 on: <03-02-19/1706:27> »
I have to 2nd RC for Gel Rounds myself,  usable with any of the Ranged Weapon skills.

That said, some other favorites depending on alternate skill used...

UAC = Shock Gloves
Clubs = Stun Baton
Throwing = FlashBang Grenades.
Spellcasting = Clout, Blast, & StunBall   (Or Fling using Flashbangs above.)
Summoning = Various Spirits using Binding, Engulf, &/or Confusion

neomerlin

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <03-02-19/1723:46> »
I'm a simple man. I see something needs shooting, I shoot it with a warhawk. For nonlethal I like to load stick n shock because they still also work on drones. Flashbangs are a close second. They're just fun.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #8 on: <03-02-19/1726:40> »
I’ll add my vote to the Gel rounds as I have been using them since the 2050s
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <03-02-19/1746:05> »
Defiance-Ex Taser
As long as the Krime Tingler isn't errataed yet, it beats every other taser in efficiency. It's legal, it packs as much punch as a Ruger Super Warhawk, can be used in melee and informs you just how fragged your target is now - invaluable if you actually want to keep the weapon non-lethal.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Ajax

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <03-02-19/1819:29> »
Narcojet and a needle; I'm currently looking for a reusable injection weapon to mount on my flyspy. If anyone could point me to one, that would be very appreciated.

There's the injector pen in Cutting Aces, p. 134., it can inject one dose of a drug or toxin before "running out of ammo." But one dose should be all you need.
Evil looms. Cowboy up. Kill it. Get paid.

kyoto kid

• Omae
  • Bushido Cowgirl
« Reply #11 on: <03-02-19/2022:59> »
...agreed, shock gloves are great particularly for a low strength character.  Like Stick & Shock they also work on electronics.

My favourite slap patch attack is Lael, not only does it knock them out but they forget who you and your team were.

The best knockout weapon I discovered was in the Neo Tokyo Missions: a pistol crossbow loaded with with Static Shaft S&S bolts, a bit expensive but pretty much will do the job in one shot as they start at 12DV(S) and -5 AP. 
Forsaken daughter is watching you

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <03-03-19/1007:21> »

There's the injector pen in Cutting Aces, p. 134., it can inject one dose of a drug or toxin before "running out of ammo." But one dose should be all you need.
Thanks, that's what I'm looking for. Now to make a few quick acquisition rolls....
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Jareth Valar

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <03-03-19/2235:11> »
I agree with Jack_Spade, the Defiance has never let me down.

However, my favorite non-lethal weapon is more of an addition to natural weapons... Nerve Strike adept ability.  ;D

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #14 on: <03-04-19/0042:29> »
The best knockout weapon I discovered was in the Neo Tokyo Missions: a pistol crossbow loaded with with Static Shaft S&S bolts, a bit expensive but pretty much will do the job in one shot as they start at 12DV(S) and -5 AP.

DANG, that is potent & probably very fitting for NTM.