NEWS

I nee d bit of help Creating a drone or 2

• 5 Replies

RythmnSylver

• Newb
  • Chaos Gold
« on: <11-18-12/1248:13> »
I'm getting a Mystic Adept Naga who has the Artificer Mentor spirit and is centered around old world Blacksmiths ready for my first run and Basically I want to create a pair of Drone "Backpacks" for him  (one for Runs, the other for Everyday/non active) I want the backpack compartment of them to be about 1 foot wide, 3 feet long(possibly longer, and about 10 inches tall/depth.

I imagine them having 6 "legs" with the Gecko-tape attachment so t can ride on my back and actually stay on, with the middle legs being serve as a small set of extra hands for the grabbing stuff out of my backpack and holding on to extra things for me. If its not going to sky rocket the cost I might want the Runner pack's  "hands" to be articulate enough for using guns, though my character isn't really a Rigger so I'm not 100% It'd be usefull getting or not...

I know I want them to be Skin linked with reduced signal so that I can use it with my internal Com to adjust how it sits, utilize it's arms, and monitor whats in each of the compartments, as well as, making it hard to hack and allowing limited movement away from me so i can hide it better.

any idea what the stats would be for these drones how many mods each could have and how much each would cost?
~'~~,~'~~,~~{@}~~'~~~,~'~~

DaveDaveDaave

• Chummer
  • I like Pies
« Reply #1 on: <11-18-12/2013:49> »
If you are after something small and boxy, well reasonably small Naga are not grass snakes? Either a Horseman with walker mode if you are python sized or if you are small one of the delivery drones (sandal is it called) that usually runs out ofthe back of a drone delivery van?
An Awful lot of people believe a lot of very strange things indeed for no valid reason I can see. They can`t all be right but it is quite likely they all can be very wrong.

RythmnSylver

• Newb
  • Chaos Gold
« Reply #2 on: <11-18-12/2054:13> »
my Naga is 8 Meters long (hes actually 23feet 2 inches but that rounds to 8 Meters) and about 26 inches around at the widest with roughly the same width from his neck down to mid way where it starts tapering..

I've looked into the pre made drones but I've been having a hard time wrapping my head around building and modifying them.. I know I could use them in the game but remodeling a existing drone for this use is abit out of my skill set :/ 

Thus I was kinda hoping someone with a bit more skill in Crafting Drones would possibly build whatt they think would be a fitting drone for this and post it in the same layout as one of  the drones in the Books...

DaveDaveDaave

• Chummer
  • I like Pies
« Reply #3 on: <11-19-12/1340:09> »
Chummer is your friend, its about as good as it gets for character/vehicle monkeying about. Thats A Damn Big Naga lets see if I can do a cut and paste with a Horseman modded for Naga, brb. :D Ahhh i see you want backbacks Naga sized kk.
« Last Edit: <11-19-12/1349:01> by DaveDaveDaave »
An Awful lot of people believe a lot of very strange things indeed for no valid reason I can see. They can`t all be right but it is quite likely they all can be very wrong.

RythmnSylver

• Newb
  • Chaos Gold
« Reply #4 on: <11-19-12/1415:49> »
I have Chummer But as I said earlier, using the Drones  isn't that hard for me but MAKING them... or even modifying them, really isn't my strong suit.. I've been reading and reading all i can bout drones an the Matrix and its just not sinking in.. :/

DaveDaveDaave

• Chummer
  • I like Pies
« Reply #5 on: <11-19-12/1429:12> »
Source AR119
Vehicle GMC Sandal (Small) or now as the ShinSiam Kaa "Handy Enlightened Joy Box"

Category Drones: Small
 System 3
 Firewall 3
 Response 3
 Signal 3

Body 2
Armor 4
Pilot 2   
Sensor 2
Sensor Signal 4   
Device Rating 3
Acceleration 5/13
Speed 30
Handling 1
Vehicle Worth 9900 

Applicable  Active Skills
SKILL NAME               POOL            RTG.             ATT.
Gunnery                      0                    0                    1 (AGI) 
Navigation                  0                    0                   1 (INT) 
Pilot Ground Craft    1                     0                   2 (REA) 
Pilot Watercraft         1                    0                   2 (REA) 

MODS
Gecko Tips
Mechanical Arm
Walker Mode

GEAR
Small Drone Sensor (Barometric, Camera Rating 2 [Directional Microphone, Microphone 1] , Laser Range Finder, Ultrawideband Radar Rating 1) 

It`s Overmodded by 1 Slot but as thats the Getto tips on the arms I cannot see that causing a lot of problems and its as basic as it can get. I was hard pressed to get one arm in there. Clearsight, Targetting autosofts etc are all possible as is armour .It just depends on how much you want to spend.

Text has the Sandal capable of storing "10 standard sized delivery packages" so that`s either a lot of room or 10 pizza boxes all depends on how the ref reads it.

« Last Edit: <11-19-12/1432:22> by DaveDaveDaave »