NEWS

Upcoming Shadowrun releases

• 1367 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #105 on: <04-14-11/2337:46> »
Hey, that's a good question, does CGL have anything planned for after 2012?

Do they actually know something?

Are they run by Immortal Elves who keep changing their name and business to keep us fans guessing?

Am I up too late hyper on tea and video games?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #106 on: <04-14-11/2346:53> »
Hey, that's a good question, does CGL have anything planned for after 2012?

Do they actually know something?

Are they run by Immortal Elves who keep changing their name and business to keep us fans guessing?

Am I up too late hyper on tea and video games?
I heard (okay, started) rumors about arranging a trip to Japan in December to take a train ride...

The Dweller

• Newb
  • Shine your chrome for a nuyen, chummer
« Reply #107 on: <04-15-11/1215:24> »
So CGL are indeed the immortal elves.....

Do they have staffers that are good at weathering and ageing objects?  I have an orzet dictionary I need to look proper before taking it to Oxford.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #108 on: <04-15-11/1229:10> »
"I hacked History, people.  HISTORY!" - Hardison, Leverage

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #109 on: <04-15-11/2057:17> »
But, but....that's less than 20% of that original post left to come down the pipe.  Then nothing but uncertainty!

Its the Mayan calendar of posts!.
If Jason has time to update this thread, then something is very wrong.

But, is that it? Here. From searching the CGL site:

Artifacts Unbound

Four artifacts have been found. Some of the most powerful people in the Sixth World have been after them, and many people have died in the globetrotting hunt to bring these objects together. Now that they have been recovered, their powers can be unleashed—or the artifacts can be scattered, lost again until another generation summons the courage and the knowledge to dredge them up.

Artifacts Unbound concludes the Dawn of the Artifacts campaign that makes gamemasters and players free to determine the events of the campaign. Filled with adventure seeds, basic setting information, and NPC statistics, Artifacts Unbound lets gamemasters select the elements that would work best in their campaign and design a thrilling story for their game. Easy to use and flexible, this book can be used with players who have gone through the entire Dawn of the Artifacts campaign, or with players just learning about the artifacts and their effect on the Sixth World.

CONSPIRACY THEORIES

War rages in Central America, spies race here and there across the globe, and tales continue to spread of four powerful artifacts and the feats accomplished by those who manage to get their hands on them. To many, the world is becoming more disordered and unpredictable—but there are those who look underneath the surface chaos and see order, or even a plan. They see people and organizations who pull the strings and make the world shake, and they wonder if they can find out what these people are up to before it’s too late.

Conspiracy Theories is a deep dive into the underbelly of the Sixth World, a place filled with crackpot theories and insane ideas that would be laughable if it weren’t for the fact that some of them are most assuredly true. If the want to stay alive, shadowrunners need to know this information so they can stay a step ahead of the forces that may be massing against them behind the scenes. If they want to prosper, they really need to know this data, because any runner worth a damn knows that manipulating people based on what they believe is true is a great way to make a few nuyen.

Bringing together plot elements from War!, Spy Games, and the Dawn of the Artifacts series, Conspiracy Theories adds a twisted element to Shadowrun games.

CORPORATE INTRIGUE

You could dabble in organized crime. You could do some smash-and-grabs. You could find all sorts of ways to pick up a few nuyen here and there. But everyone in the Sixth World knows that if you want to make a play for the big bucks, the real high-level stuff, you’ve got to get in bed with the corps.

The corps have the money, and they’ve got all the power that comes with it. If you want to have some of that cash and some of that pull for yourself, you’re going to need to stay alert, move quickly, and remember that while corps are willing to pay for things that help them, deep down they really hate sharing what they’ve got with anyone. Including shadowrunners. Especially shadowrunners.

Corporate Intrigue provides a wealth of plot points and adventure ideas to allow gamemasters to develop corporate-centered campaigns. Building on information provided in Corporate Guide, Corporate Intrigue provides the story information, location details, and NPC statistics to make running a corporate-themed campaign as easy, fun, and brutal as you want it to be.

There are also a bunch of ebooks in the pipeline. In the Conspiracy Theories sell sheet PDF it mentions that London will be the setting, like Bogota in War! and Denver in Spy Games. The supplemental setting material is something different from the format used in those books and the back chapters of the other 4E location books, but that's all I can or will say.

I'll be honest and let you know that I'm planning on pitching at least four books at GenCon myself (plus a couple collaborations) to Jason, et al. There is no shortage of ideas in this kiddie pool.
« Last Edit: <04-15-11/2101:54> by Crimsondude »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #110 on: <04-15-11/2134:03> »
Jason also had something to say about punching people in the neck about novels...

Or I said he was going to be punching people in the neck...

Or something to that matter.   ;D  As long as there's novels, I'm happy.  Neck punching might be fun to see if there's pics, however...  :P

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

The Dweller

• Newb
« Reply #111 on: <04-16-11/0120:20> »
Just out of curiosity, will we see a return of the classic style of Shadowrun adventures (DNA/DOA, Queen Euphoria, Bottled Demon, etc)?

I'm slacking and haven't checked out Fistful of Credsticks, so not considering that one with my question.  I just have so many fond memories going back through all the game editions that I'd love to see adventures built like those return.

Heh.  Still have most of those oldies sitting on my shelves as well.   8)

The Dweller

• Newb
« Reply #112 on: <04-16-11/0131:59> »
Aaaand another thought just jumped into my head before I wandered off of the forums:

Physical print ebook compendiums/best ofs

Has this been considered by CGL yet?  I enjoy having the pdfs.  Very portable.  But I'd love to have my (physical) hands on something like a Shadowrun annual that combines 2-3 of the previous pdf products.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #113 on: <04-16-11/0308:00> »
Just out of curiosity, will we see a return of the classic style of Shadowrun adventures (DNA/DOA, Queen Euphoria, Bottled Demon, etc)?

I'm slacking and haven't checked out Fistful of Credsticks, so not considering that one with my question.  I just have so many fond memories going back through all the game editions that I'd love to see adventures built like those return.

Heh.  Still have most of those oldies sitting on my shelves as well.   8)

Fist Full of Credsticks is a more classic style Shadowrun adventure, yes.  You may also want to check out Shadowrun Missions as well, if you don't mind PDF only adventures.

JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« Reply #114 on: <04-16-11/1052:13> »
Aaaand another thought just jumped into my head before I wandered off of the forums:

Physical print ebook compendiums/best ofs

Has this been considered by CGL yet?  I enjoy having the pdfs.  Very portable.  But I'd love to have my (physical) hands on something like a Shadowrun annual that combines 2-3 of the previous pdf products.

This is absolutely being considered--beyond that, it's being planned!

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #115 on: <04-17-11/2045:50> »
*pokes bull with a sharp stick*

See i told you that if you did a missions annual they would buy it.
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

The Dweller

• Newb
« Reply #116 on: <04-17-11/2318:06> »
With White Wolf Game Studios and The Camarilla (now reincorporated as Midnight Dance), we had established a print-on-demand market based around several of our pdf only books.  You might find that an interesting choice to consider over full print runs for special projects.

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #117 on: <04-24-11/1830:04> »
yeah and i could technically do that with the local fed ex/kinko's but it gets a little expensive at about $30 a pdf
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

The Dweller

• Newb
« Reply #118 on: <04-27-11/0054:53> »
yeah and i could technically do that with the local fed ex/kinko's but it gets a little expensive at about $30 a pdf

I think there might be a little bit of a difference between the two.  For $30, we'd have a 150+ page book that would look exactly like all the other line books (with industry standard sleeve cover, binding, etc).  For the pdf products we're referencing here, based on the page count I wouldn't expect to pay more than half the price you quoted.

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #119 on: <05-23-11/1603:51> »
Since I can't and wouldn't post on Dumpshock, since someone brought it up in the Street Legends thread let me just say this: I wanted to make a plot hook involving elven nipples just to fuck with people. It was mercilessly shot down in the middle of the street like an animal. Apparently I can't jab back at a joke I've thought was stupid for fifteen g-d years.