NEWS

Some players...

• 22 Replies

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #15 on: <05-23-12/0942:47> »
Precisely to keep a five-mile radius of infrastructure from easily being crisped, as in the OP's player's description of events surrounding an apparently AAA status (yet tiny) corporation's existence ;)

You know, when you put it like that it makes the phrase "Mary-Sue" hard to avoid.
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Maded

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <05-23-12/1114:16> »
Precisely to keep a five-mile radius of infrastructure from easily being crisped, as in the OP's player's description of events surrounding an apparently AAA status (yet tiny) corporation's existence ;)

You know, when you put it like that it makes the phrase "Mary-Sue" hard to avoid.

In reference to the player character in question, of course ;)

A five-mile radius of infrastructure in any population center (that isn't already an inhospitable urban wasteland to begin with) not being protected from such an event would make absolutely no sense whatsoever, and a GM who allows that kind of thing is asking for a pretty cartoonish, over-the-top game. If that's the goal, so be it, though.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the WAR ROOM!

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <05-24-12/1552:22> »
Heh, well that just reminds me of the man's first session we let him DM. I fortunately wasn't there or i would have possibly ripped my sheet in half just to get his attention.

This is DnD mind you but he shot them up to level 6 or 7 first session after a night encounter of +100 skeletons which gave something like 600 exp or something rediculous like that with only like 10 hp per skeleton.... of course from what i hear he let people use "Rays" as in a line that you could hold out and make an "arc". Like a laser that was on for 2 seconds that you could swipe accross the front of your body and take out everything in the arc of your hand.... <.< Yeah, he's a little cartoony that's for sure. He's come to realize that was a bad move in retrospect and is still learning. I cut him a bit of slack, because it was his first time.

He does make Mary-Sue characters however all the time. And apparently thinks he is the only Lawful Good person out of the group... (when he's actually chaotic but means well XD)
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #18 on: <05-25-12/0329:18> »
i think i may steal that line: chaotic but means well. LOL
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <05-25-12/0400:09> »
i think i may steal that line: chaotic but means well. LOL

Isn't that pretty much the definition of "Chaotic Good"?

Also, a line I love to use to describe Chaotic Neutral: "Might save your life. Might steal your car. Might do both."
― Albert Einstein

― Me

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #20 on: <05-25-12/1228:15> »
of course it is, though when combined with a player/character thinking he is lawful good and the only one in the party capable of being so,,, just makes me giggle.

go go lawful stupid.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <05-25-12/1237:29> »
Yeah, we've tried to let him know that he is far from Lawful Good. He is one of the most chaotic people in our group but he stands by "Your all so chaotic and evil. or at least neutral." <.<

(bandit asks for toll going over bridge)
(me about to say something to try and talk him out of it)
(Player playing Cleric runs up and smashes his face in with a morning star.)

Who's chaotic?

>.> i don't know where he got the Evil either, literally only like 1 person has ever played an evil character in our sessions.

Yeah Beowulf.... he has his scewed oppinions sometimes but it's all fun we don't take him too seriously xD.

And feel free to use Chaotic but means well. xD
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

JustADude

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <05-26-12/0149:02> »
Ah, reminds me of my Phoelarch Ardent from 3.5. I took the "Always Chaotic Good" and really ran with it.

And no matter what anyone says, that friendly NPC had no business hiding in a pit of corpses in the middle of an evil, creepy temple. His death during my preemptive burnination of the bodies, to prevent a Zombie Ambush, was not my fault! ;D
― Albert Einstein

― Me