NEWS

Hawk Eye

• 5 Replies

tequila

• Chummer
« on: <06-18-18/1255:54> »
Not sure if this is the best spot for this. This came up on a SRM character, but could just be a general rules question as well.

The Hawk Eye quality (Run Faster, p147) states "The quality is part of characters’ natural eyes and is not compatible with electronic vision enhancements...".  Does this mean (and is it intended) that this quality does not work with any of the items listed in the Vision Enhancements table on p444 of the Core Rulebook?
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #1 on: <06-18-18/1448:17> »
The only non-electronical vision enhancement I know is optical Vision Magnification, which mages love to use.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #2 on: <06-18-18/1518:15> »
Basically, you can not use any cyber eye wear, or device that uses anything more sophisticated than a lense.

No thermo
No low light
No image link
No vision enhancement
Vision magnification is possible using a hand held device like a optical scope.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Brian2112

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <06-19-18/0842:55> »
Wondering about this myself. It's clear that Hawk Eye will not work with cyber eye replacements or bioware. What about contacts and goggles? Using contacts and goggles still leaves the natural eye. So will they stack with Hawk Eye? Run Faster says Hawk Eye is not compatible with vision enhancement. The problem is that 'Vision Enhancement' is a category and an option in that category. 

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <06-19-18/1103:49> »
I'd be ok with it if Hawk Eye disallowed Vision Enhancement (the modification not the category) and Vision Magnification since Hawk Eye provides both (albeit only a +1 enhancement), but not allowing the whole Vision Enhancement category seems a bit steep for a 3 point Quality.
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #5 on: <06-19-18/1143:33> »
Wondering about this myself. It's clear that Hawk Eye will not work with cyber eye replacements or bioware. What about contacts and goggles? Using contacts and goggles still leaves the natural eye. So will they stack with Hawk Eye? Run Faster says Hawk Eye is not compatible with vision enhancement. The problem is that 'Vision Enhancement' is a category and an option in that category.

Hawk eye doesn't work with any electronic vision. Full Stop. Doesn't matter if they are in Goggles or contacts, or any other imaging device. If the image at any time undergoes any digital, or electronic enhancement, then Hawk Eye is incompatible.

Hence the list of:
"No thermo
No low light
No image link
No vision enhancement"

All those require digital/electronic enhancement of the image.

The only one you can get by with a simple lens system is vision mag. All the other require digital/electronic enhancement of the image.

Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.