NEWS

Nartaki, Shiva Arms, Ambidexterious and You!

• 73 Replies

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #30 on: <11-29-10/1753:18> »
...Akimbo Gunfighting

JahtaHey
Medicineman

And this has what to do with my comment??

Akimbo Gunfighting means firing 1 Gun per Hand per simple Action
Your Post reads like you think that you can use only 2 Hands... Thats OK If you have only 2 Hands ,but Nartaki or Shiva Arm Surgelings have more Hands and can do way more (the Pool is really Slim
and they're prone to Glitch buts thats a differnet matter)

with an Akimbo Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <11-29-10/1800:07> »
And i'll explain to you once again, that you can shoot six guns in one simple action if you have six arms to hold those guns.

Yeah ok show me the rules that break the rule that says how many actions you get in a turn as outlined in the core rule book.
What on earth does that have to do with using one simple action to shoot six guns, by splitting your pool six ways.
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #32 on: <11-29-10/1800:11> »
with an Akimbo Dance
Medicineman

And there ya go 1 Gun per Hand per simple Action Last time I read the rules you get 2 simple actions per turn thus you can fire 2 guns one in each hand I do not see how your reading that this allows you to get an additional 2 to 4 simple actions.
"If at first you don't succeed blame someone else"
Joel "Casazil" Rogers
Catalyst Demo Team Shadowrun Special Agent #251
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CasazilsShadowrun/

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <11-29-10/1806:42> »
with an Akimbo Dance
Medicineman

And there ya go 1 Gun per Hand per simple Action Last time I read the rules you get 2 simple actions per turn thus you can fire 2 guns one in each hand I do not see how your reading that this allows you to get an additional 2 to 4 simple actions.
How fracking hard is it for you to understand that when shooting multiple firearm by splitting your pool, it takes one simple action to fire every single one of those guns simultaneously

We explained all this to you in the last topic, but you apparently bailed from that one with out reading those explonations.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <11-29-10/1811:35> »
with an Akimbo Dance
Medicineman

Right and thus 6 Guns in 6 Hands with one (of the two) simple Actions

with 6 Dances in on simple Action
Medicineman

« Last Edit: <11-29-10/1820:19> by Medicineman »
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #35 on: <11-29-10/1811:36> »
Simple Actions:
Change Gun Mode
Fire Weapon (SS, SA, BF) (notice it says weapon NOT weapons)
Insert Clip
Observe in Detail
Pick Up/Put Down Object
Quick Draw
Ready Weapon
Remove Clip
Sprint
Stand Up
Take Aim
Throw Weapon
Use Simple Object

Fire Weapon as it appears in SR4A:

A character may fire a ready firearm in single-shot, semi-automatic, or burst-fire mode via a Simple Action. (again see the bolded word which clearly states 1 weapon per simple action)
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #36 on: <11-29-10/1813:30> »
But that single simple action can be split into smaller sub-simple actions.  You simply divide your dice pool and thus greatly lower the chances of those various sub-actions succeeding.

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #37 on: <11-29-10/1815:57> »
In my mental image every pair of hands is linkt to the brain, and has one strong an one weaker side. Or in other words it's all in your brain. Muscle memory a.s.o. is per set.
And I didn't said that, every guy with 6 arms can use them all the same (btw: that's a fact in cases of drones with mechanical arms, rigger or cyborgs haven't got that problem at all), I meant only that 2 or 3 times the Ambidexterity Quality do the job perfectly fine, and without the Quality you have for 15 BP (Shiva Hands) another strong and another weak hand (that's only fair, thinking about the "real" use and the given Freak Factor).
In matter of fact we discuss here a point value of 10 BP (or 20 KP), so usually it isn't the world but how I pointed out, that is in matter of the Character Generation unlikely a problem. (If you want a fully ambidextrous 6 arms guy from the start and don't want to use some house-rule because of that, you cannot do so if you need 5 times Ambidexterity).

Beside the drone auto-ambidexterity (whatever quantity of arms 2 or 20), there is another way to get a limited ambidexterity from the Martial Arts rules (see Off-Hand Training, Arsenal, p.160) and that rule apply to any off-hand at ones.
« Last Edit: <11-29-10/1827:22> by Ultra Violet »

Casazil

• Omae
  • There can be only one!
« Reply #38 on: <11-29-10/1817:42> »
Never mind

3 1/2 pages later they talk about an attacker useing additional firearms:

Characters can use two pistol- or SMG-class weapons, one in each hand, firing both with a single Simple Action. Doing so, however, requires that the character split his dice pool between the attacks.Doing so, however, requires
that the character split his dice pool between the attacks. If two separate skills are being used (Pistols and Automatics), use the smallest dice pool. Split the pool before applying modifiers. Two-gun attacks also negate any dice pool bonuses from smartlinks or laser sights. Additionally, any uncompensated recoil modifiers applicable to one weapon also apply to the other weapon.

So Yes it can be done oh joy for me now if only I could see the logic in doing so?????????
Joel "Casazil" Rogers

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #39 on: <11-29-10/1819:28> »
@Casazil:
See WIELDING TWO WEAPONS, Arsenal, p. 163

Edit: I was to slow...
« Last Edit: <11-29-10/1821:58> by Ultra Violet »

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <11-29-10/1819:51> »
Never mind

3 1/2 pages later they talk about an attacker useing additional firearms:

Characters can use two pistol- or SMG-class weapons, one in each hand, firing both with a single Simple Action. Doing so, however, requires that the character split his dice pool between the attacks.Doing so, however, requires
that the character split his dice pool between the attacks. If two separate skills are being used (Pistols and Automatics), use the smallest dice pool. Split the pool before applying modifiers. Two-gun attacks also negate any dice pool bonuses from smartlinks or laser sights. Additionally, any uncompensated recoil modifiers applicable to one weapon also apply to the other weapon.

So Yes it can be done oh joy for me now if only I could see the logic in doing so?????????
Finally, it's not like i quoted all the relevant rules to you last time you made the same point or anythink.
No sir i sure didn't >:(

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #41 on: <11-29-10/1829:29> »
So Yes it can be done oh joy for me now if only I could see the logic in doing so?HuhHuh??
I wonder the same.  Why bother if you won't hit anything anyway?  Oh well.

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <11-29-10/1837:28> »
So Yes it can be done oh joy for me now if only I could see the logic in doing so?HuhHuh??
I wonder the same.  Why bother if you won't hit anything anyway?  Oh well.
1)Make sure you have a specialization with the type of guns your shooting
2)Load them with tracers that give a +2 bonus for long bursts
3)Get rating 4 tac-net
Thats +8 dice modifier, meaning if you have a base pool of 12 to split youl have 10 dice per guns.
Using wide burst should qurantee a hit against most mooks.

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #43 on: <11-29-10/1929:34> »
And you will find a similar picture in Melee Combat. Everything that is a modifier is added after the splitted dicepool. ;) There is a good chance that you will have a nice dicepool, beside the bonus effects. (see Two Weapon Melee Combat, Arsenal, p. 163)

Wayfinder

• Newb
  • fraggin fragged frag
« Reply #44 on: <11-29-10/2251:35> »
Who cares about Ambidexterity with that many arms? Load up on automatics and let fly. That's what I call suppressive fire!