NEWS

Tangled Currents - Eva & Cynthia

  • 598 Replies
  • 41952 Views

VegasRigged

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 472
« Reply #570 on: <01-20-17/2223:53> »
"I'd put down the forger if I had to, but I don't expect to need to, especially if I keep my identity secret from them. The other I have no intention of harming, a reliable equipment pipeline would be worth a great deal to me, and both the merchant and yourself would be well rewarded. Take not though, when I say high grade military, I mean it. If i'm to be the tip of a new and powerful spear I should dress the part."

I've been thinking of turning my efforts in the Barrens up a notch. Sian [retending to be a God has worked well for her and if I can emulate it properly I should be able to inspire fear in my enemies and utter devotion in my allies.

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #571 on: <01-21-17/2326:18> »
Monday 10 June 2075 1912 Chinatown Barrens Seattle


Sian nods.  "In that case, I can find a good forger for you, just give me a day or two.  My contacts beyond the Barrens is quite limited.  I can put out feelers for you regarding the equipment pipeline, but I will not be offended if you look elsewhere for that as well."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 472
« Reply #572 on: <01-22-17/1349:03> »
I nod. The difficulty with such an endeavor is that I want what I want without anyone knowing I have it. Sian is the best candidate here because she will find out eventually, but the element of surprise and secrecy are still of great import to me.

"I would like to see the girls. I may have to kill that horny camera man, or at least dole out some punishment if he has not obeyed my last command. Perhaps I will imasculate him... though perhaps not, as that is the sort of thing one gains a reputation for and I do not wish my street name to be 'ball buster'"

We walk to the brothel and I send out a few pings of detect enemies as we go.

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #573 on: <01-22-17/1408:08> »
Monday 10 June 2075 1915 Chinatown Barrens Seattle


Sian shakes her head.  "I am not sure that you need to kill the man.  Sex is currency down here, so why not use it to control him?  You may have symbolically freed these girls, but they know that they have to do as you wish or end up unemployed.  And down here, unemployment is a very short distance from being back in slavery to another master.  Pay the girls a bit extra to fuck the camera guy and report on what he says in the bed.  It might work better than killing him and needing to find a replacement."

You detect a number of people who are hostile to you but no one who is actively an enemy.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 472
« Reply #574 on: <01-22-17/1539:10> »
"When we parted I told him that he should hit himself every time he had an impure thought towards myself, the girls or you. I'll read his mind and see if he has complied, if not I will punish him somehow or another. If he has obeyed I will allow him to make another trideo with a volunteer or two."

I briefly check my link for the status of the packages ordered. Perhaps the other gangs haven't threatened us yet, but they will and we will need to be ready.

"Their is one thing I need before we get there. Something white. The sooner I appear different from other gang leaders the sooner I can begin breaking the corrupt traditions of this world for something more effective." I watch Sian out of the corner of my eye, reading her response carefully. After all, the tradition of violence and misery has made her fairly powerful. I would rather not alienate her just yet.

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #575 on: <01-22-17/2008:22> »
Monday 10 June 2075 1925 Chinatown Barrens Seattle


Sian and her monstrous Hell Hounds escort you through the narrow and twisted streets of the Barrens.  People avoid you where possible and bow low when they cannot.  Sian is hard to read and does not give any indication one way or the other of how she feels.  She does, however, say, "Do you not have clothes that change color on command?  If not, I can help with that."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 472
« Reply #576 on: <01-22-17/2357:45> »
I pause at that, I have left the wireless of on so much of my gear that I hadn't even thought of it having settings. I open the outer jacket of my suit, a heavier rain layer in peacoat style falling just past the knee. There inside the coller was a small control switch allowing the linking of jacket and 'link. I switch it as we walk and quickly glance over the suits settings. In addition to color changes I note shock frills, environmental control and the ability to fool thermal sensors. Unlikely I'll ever need that, but still good to know. I put the items aside until we reach the club, then convert my garments to white as we enter and take I serve the room in detail.

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #577 on: <01-23-17/0757:16> »
OOC:  I just want to be sure where you are.  Did you go to the club or to the smaller porn studio you took over first?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 472
« Reply #578 on: <01-25-17/1531:56> »
Ooc the club. I haven't really put thought into the other building. Probably use it for storage and/or target practice once my girls have their guns.

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #579 on: <01-26-17/1538:25> »
Monday 10 June 2075 1930 Chinatown Barrens Seattle


There is a small line of people waiting to enter the club and all move aside as you and Sian approach.  The doorman must have warned someone inside, because you are met just inside the entrance.  "You are not expected, Mistress.  How may I serve you?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 472
« Reply #580 on: <01-26-17/1612:48> »
"Let's speak in the back." I say, as my only acknowledgement of the greeter. I move through the room observing the girls working and the customers carefully, getting a read on the room and casting another detect enemies. I haven't made many to my knowledge but this place is where they might come to hurt me.

Once in the office I'll call on the young women I left in charge and ask Sian when the runners I mentioned will arrive?

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #581 on: <01-26-17/1909:14> »
Monday 10 June 2075 1932 Strip Club Chinatown Barrens Seattle


The woman bows and walks with you into her office, where she offers you her seat behind the desk as she stands respectfully.  "Do you have anything specifically on your mind, Mistress?  Perhaps a tour?"

Siam smiles, but you are not sure if the young Chinese woman who runs your club notices the smile. "I expect several young men to be here within the hour and several more within an hour after that."  She spreads her arms.  "I was supposing that you would want reliable, and reliable can be hard to find down here."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 472
« Reply #582 on: <01-27-17/0332:38> »
Ooc: I believe I felt Li Sheng in charge? With her sexy daughter running the front?

"No need, Though I would like to know the status of the surrounding buildings. The sooner we can secure the area the sooner we will be taken seriously in the region. Also, there are weapons and armor in the way in the capable hands of runners. When they arrive the girls will be instructed in their use and practice on a regular basis."

I give a firm look at my manager and Sian.

"We are going to expand from here and eventually we will have to defend ourselves. When danger comes, we will defend ourselves."

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #583 on: <01-27-17/1531:14> »
Monday 10 June 2075 1934 Strip Club Chinatown Barrens Seattle


Li Sheng nods.  "I understand, Mistress.  Where should I send the girls to be trained in these weapons?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 472
« Reply #584 on: <01-27-17/1641:37> »
I give her the location of the first studio. I assume without mentioning that Sian's people have done their jobs and removed the corpse and I give some quick direction in building target dummies.

A thought occurs to me and I order Li Sheng to draw up a list of more combat capable girls, then I pull out A burner and call Tanya. If she can put me in touch with an arms specialist, maybe even a gun-toting shadowrunner, I would happily pay them to show these girls a few tricks. It might also be good to network with  other professionals, since it seems field work is going to be part of my day to day now.

That thought almost passes easily, but the gears catch and I back up to it as the link rings. I'm a field operative now. I go out into the world and I do things myself. I have fought- actually FOUGHT- with my magic and twice I have won. This doesn't mean I should make a habit of it, in fact  the ease with which I've accepted these changes is concerning, but my confidence, the shield by which I have deflected so many potential threats, may have far more basis in reality then I had previously imagined.