NEWS

Tangled Currents - Eva & Cynthia

  • 598 Replies
  • 41952 Views

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #555 on: <01-09-17/1708:13> »
Monday   11 June 2075   1729   You do not know where


Dor speaks up when Helga looks a bit confused.  "You are a corporate asset, or in better words an asset under the direct control of the Director until assigned to a unit for a mission.  Normally, the magic, matrix, and air assets belong in that category, and known as assignable assets.  Some corporate assets do not get assigned to teams, such as the logistics and intel girls, but once in a while one will come along for the ride."

Rigvald turns from the terminal and calls out.  "Alright people.  Mission status is still green.  You are all released but be back here tomorrow evening at 1700 for the final briefing."  She turns to you. "Ready?  Or do you need some more time bonding?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 472
« Reply #556 on: <01-09-17/1849:50> »
"No ma'am." I sweep a confident look over my team "I believe we are ready."

My mind is already turning to the rest of today's activities. Contacting Sian chief among them. Their much business to be done here.

Ooc: I'm a bit out of touch with the other storylines, what are the other TC players up to?
« Last Edit: <01-09-17/1853:00> by VegasRigged »

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #557 on: <01-09-17/2016:00> »
Monday   10 June 2075   1731   You do not know where


Rigvald motions for you to come with her and the other members of the team bid you good evening.  Out in the hallway, the team commander talks to you as you walk.  "So, I can take you to your temp quarters here, but I am authorized to let you leave the facility for the night.  Apparently, the Director feels that you have some unfinished business and might like to take care of that.  If so, I will arrange for you to be taken from the facility and then brought back, but you have to make rendezvous by 1400 tomorrow, understand?  So, what would you like to do?"


OOC:  The other threads are doing many things.  Would you like to try to do a link up again?  That might mean giving up your association with the assassins, at least temporarily.
« Last Edit: <01-09-17/2047:35> by Mercy Merchant »
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 472
« Reply #558 on: <01-10-17/1201:35> »
I say a warm and excited good evening to the team and follow Rigvald out.

"Your director is correct, a night out would be most beneficial to my other endeavors. The sooner I return to them, the better."

ooc: If their is someone who works in Chinatown we could connect briefly in this next bit, otherwise I think waiting till after the hit makes the most sense. Also, I'm counting up my Karma and making some modification soon, is their a faster way to get the karma total then manually counting all my Eva posts?
« Last Edit: <01-10-17/1206:47> by VegasRigged »

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #559 on: <01-10-17/2318:06> »
Monday   10 June 2075   1733   You do not know where


Rigvald nods and leads you through several hallways to a room with a glass door,  Four women are in the room, three sitting at monitors and one observing all three of the others.  Rigvald asks you to wait here and goes inside to talk to the fourth woman, who looks at you closely as she listens.  Nodding, she joins Rigvald as she leaves the room.  Rigvald bids you farewell and leaves you in the company of the unnamed woman, who motions for you to follow her.  She stops two door down the corridor and opens the door standing aside to let you in then following you.  There is a comfortable looking couch in the center of the room and a table to one side with drawers in it.  The woman goes to the table as she says,  "Please sit down.  I understand that you are a proby who has been given a pass away form the facility.  We have to take certain precautions, of course.  I hope that you understand."

She comes back in front of you with a hypodermic needle in her hand. "Your arm, please.  This should not hurt and you will be unconscious for a short time only, and well protected during that time.  I am supposed to remind you that talking of this place or trying to find it from outside is a big no no, but I imagine that you might have already figured that part out by now.  You will be given a one-time use 'link with a set code.  Please use that when you are ready to return.  I do remind you that you need to call by 1330 to ensure that you are back here on time."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 472
« Reply #560 on: <01-11-17/1354:53> »
I nod my curtly that I understand and make note of the time. I'd hate to miss my date.

I feel a twinge of apprehension at the idea of being drugged but knowing theirs no alternative I simple extend my arm and try to relax.

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #561 on: <01-12-17/1034:58> »
Monday   10 June 2075   1800  Dinah's Diner  Downtown District  Seattle


You wake sitting in a booth in an all-night diner on the fringe of the Downtown District.  There is a plate of food in front of you and you find that you are quite hungry.  A pretty waitress comes up with a cafpot and asks if you want a refill.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 472
« Reply #562 on: <01-12-17/1206:46> »
I tell her I would and cast detect enemies as I pull out my main link and look for the nearest Stuffer Shack. Time to get some essentials sorted out.

So long as my spell detect no threats to my life I will take the food to go and head out shopping.

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #563 on: <01-15-17/0009:32> »
Monday   10 June 2075   1801  Dinah's Diner  Downtown District  Seattle


Your spell tells you that no enemies are within the area of effect.  Those "shacks are fairly ubiquitous, aren't they?  You find one about three blocks away and can set an ARO to guide you there.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 472
« Reply #564 on: <01-17-17/0211:43> »
I send them a list. It isn't the whole list, to get everything at once and from the same place would almost certainly arouse suspicion, after all, I know such things are well tracked.

In fact, i reason, it will be better if I send my requests to a wide variety of businesses, and all under false identities, but that will require time and money and more false identities and shell corporations then I have at the moment. I'll have to work on that. Not for the first time I note that this would be substantially simpler with access to a Decker or a deck and the skill to use it. I compile my list further, using only my commlink. The truly urksom factor is that having someone arrange that sort of business means that they know about it, which in turn makes then a liability, someone who can hold their knowledge over me.

The gears remind me that such liabilities can be removed in a simaler fashion as sub-human porn 'tycoon' the other night. I might have had a problem with it then, killing someone, in fact it braught on a near panik attack, but I need to do certain things in order to survive and using and killing a good decker might end up being part of this.

The list complete I take a moment to divide it between a few places of business so that none know the extent of my purchases.

-Thirty armored jackets
-Thirty comm-links
-Ammunition for the Rifles stolen from last nights mercs
-Flash Grenades
-sub-vocal mics for all the girls
-A pair of mad scanners

The final items are to identify any weapon coming within range, to be placed at the entrances to my new club, the rest was to ensure that anyone who did try to bring a weapon would regret it. Of course the rifles from the beaten mercs are the real prize, having them moved to the club is an important step.   

Once the order is placed I will take my food and call a cab to take me to the edge of Chinatown, with a brief message to Sian containing only a location.

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #565 on: <01-17-17/1453:55> »
Monday. 10 June 2075. 1907. Chinatown Seattle


After placing your orders, you continue on to Chinatown, where you park your vehicle and make your way to the edge of the Barrens.  As you approach one of the entrances, a fifteen year old girl appears at the spot.  "I am happy to see you.  Shall we walk and talk?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 472
« Reply #566 on: <01-17-17/2106:59> »
"Quickly I should think, I have an appointment in about eighteen hours and I need some sleep between then and now. Anything interesting happen since I left?" I assense the girl thoroughly, even checking for masked signitures, I suspect this is my business partner but I'll reveal nothing specific until I can be certain. A deception at this point would mean the end of this enterprise before it begins.


Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #567 on: <01-19-17/2101:07> »
Monday  10 June 2075. Chinatown Barrens


Your assensing falls into a black hole, but this feels like Sian.  "There is little change in our business interests so far.  Would you like to go visit them.  If not, I can offer you a comfortable place to sleep, if you like."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 472
« Reply #568 on: <01-19-17/2127:23> »
I suppress a derisive snort. I'd not sooner let Sian catch me sleeping the take cyberlimbs or go back to Wuxong. I'm not as suspicious as I might have been, she may well be used to people trusting her more easily, but I have no intention of doing so.

"Perhaps, I will need a few people in the near future. Maybe a dozen to transport gear from drop points the the club, a forget, capable of making fake sins, preferably a forger whom you have no personal interest in, and a dealer of higher grade military equipment. I also need a map and to walk freely through the slum for a few hours."

I glance at her with a slight smile "Thoughts?"

Mercy Merchant

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6420
« Reply #569 on: <01-20-17/2013:42> »
Monday 10 June 2075 1910 Chinatown Barrens Seattle


Sian gives you an odd look.  "These people you are asking for, do you intend to let them live or are they throw-aways?  I have found that good talent shouldn't be wasted, but I am not sure that you have the same idea."

She shrugs her shoulders.  "But I might be able to find some people for you.  As for a map of the Barrens,
I am unaware that any exists.  Finding your way around this place is all trial and error or you find a good guide.  Also, there is nothing like walking freely through this slum.  You are free to try but you are too juicy a target yet.  Give it some time and you will have a reputation that might let you walk about without an escort."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>