NEWS

Tangled Currents - Eva & Cynthia

• 598 Replies

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <07-11-16/0134:53> »
[Cynthia Rawson - Sunday June 10th, 2075; Somewhere in the Matrix] #7

In the middle of hunting  the best jokes about wage slaves, after the nth message regarding this duo, Cailin decides that she can try to find them. Oh, she doesn't think she will be able to. After all, she doesn't have any illusions regarding her skills: if all of KE (among others) is looking for them, she doesn't think for a second that she will succeed where they are failing.

Still, it seems a worthy challenge. She doesn't event think for one second what she will do if she finds what she's looking for.
Instead, she slips completely in the Matrix. There, she lets her Courrier Sprite dissolve itself and compiles a new Data Sprite to help her in her new task, once again hiding it behind a weak Static Veil, so that it can avoid GOD's many eyes.

Then, she starts her hunt. Or, given how she takes the thing, her game. She knows some nice spots in the Seattle Matrix. Maybe she'll be lucky there, who knows?
« Last Edit: <07-15-16/1730:25> by Imladir »
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <07-11-16/0149:00> »
I take my tea as she does and after sipping it delicately I choose a piece of cake with complementary favors. I make a slight show of my awe at the gaint window and the view outside, then seem to snap back to my client and smile a little apologetically

"You have a beautiful home Tanya, and I'm glad our mutual friend managed to connect us in such an elegant fashion. How are you?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <07-11-16/0310:18> »
Tanya smiles.  "I am quite well, thank you, and hope that you are, too."  She sips from her cup and looks at you closely.  "I have been speaking with my very good friend, Ni Ni Xiaolu and she says good things about your decorating skills.  I am sure that you can see that all I ever learned about interior decorating came from a bloody Better Homes and Gardens catalogue.  Are you interested in helping me?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <07-11-16/0326:55> »
"I am glad she thinks so, she's a powerful women and one I feel privileged to know. I would of course be happy to assist you in redecorating, I can think of numerous valuable tweaks and alterations, either subtle and minor or literally groundbreaking. I'd also like to offer an exchange of services, as you are the most handsomely dressed women I've encountered in quite some time I wonder if you could halo me with an outfit?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <07-11-16/0336:47> »
Tanya smiles and nods. looking up and down at your figure.  She motions for you to stand up and measures you with her eyes as she also stands.  "I think we are of a close size.  I might have something you can at least try on and see if the style looks good on you."  She motions to have you turn around and then points to one of the doors leading from the living room.  "If you want, I can show you the closet now.  What sort of gown are you looking for and how much do you wish to impress someone?"

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <07-11-16/0423:09> »
"Well I'm going to Dante's inferno for the first time and would like to make a splash, and my girlfriend is almost as dangerous as yours, so swooning at the highest levels would be wonderful." I follow her to the closet and put aside my suit jacket as I consider the vast array of clothing options before me.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <07-11-16/0455:22> »
Tanya laughs as you stand in the closet.  "I make it a solemn promise to never confirm or deny the identity of any of my sexual partners.  Well, except for the guy that died with his dick inside a fifteen year old who should have known better.  He should have known better, too, but he probably did not know that he would have a massive heart attack while fucking her in my bed while I was away.  No, him I can talk about.  It is the rest of my adventures that I keep quiet about.  Now let's see what I have.  She starts pulling clothes off the hangers and holding them up to you, placing some on the huge bed that must have been made for several people at once, and hanging the rejects back up.

She sits on the bed and motions for you to strip.  "You know, I have a special VIP pass for Dante's.  I could get you down to the bottom floors and would be happy to take you and your girlfriend as my guests, if you like.  When are you planning on going?"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #22 on: <07-11-16/1317:47> »
OOC:  Totally missed the post from Cynthia.  Very sorry.

@Cynthia  The matrix is the real world and its varied sights and sounds are so much more real than meat space will ever be.  It could be so easy to just.........................  Wow, it could be easy to lose oneself in the matrix.  Your time is spent in host after host, seeking out any information about the identity of the people in the picture.  Almost everywhere you look there is evidence that others, perhaps many others are doing the exact same thing.  This par seems to have excited the imaginations of many people, most of whom are just interested, but some are probably either KE or whoever started this bloodbath to look for them.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <07-11-16/1413:54> »
[Cynthia Rawson - Sunday June 10th, 2075; Somewhere in the Matrix] #8

@OOC Ha don't worry about it, I thought you were waiting for time synchronisation reasons ^^

After her first few minutes of looking into the duo, Cynthia is a bit annoyed by the number of people doing the exact same thing. What's the fun in doing the same thing as everyone else? Not a lot. Not even taking into account that she doesn't really care about the duo. But what if...

She smiles. Well, her Personna smiles at least. Instead of finding information from scratch about this duo, she will "hunt" the hunters. Her goal is not to harm them in any way of course. But it's a nice exercice to flex her digital muscles, and she could learn some interesting stuff in the process.

To do it, helped by a Data Sprite, she will look for a pattern in the traces she has found, probably on the Ares Grid, supposing this is the one used by KE and most of those hunting. A file in a host that is often looked into by those seeking informations on the duo for exemple. If she succeeds, she will reboot herself (to take care of any OS she incured in her search up to this point), go back to this spot, compile a Courier Sprite and lay low (with a Static Veil on the sprite and herself), waiting for Personnas to come and look into it. If their Device Rating isn't too high and there are no big bad programs running on it (Cynthia certainly doesn't want to start any kind of fight in the process...) she will ask her Courrier Sprite to tag the personna with a Cookie for something like half an hour.

She doesn't expect to learn anything huge, at least at first: but maybe by doing so she can identify some targets that know a bit more than the others and their identities (or at least, who they represent). In all those personna, there are some bound to not be to difficult to...persuade...to give her some of their data. And one thing leading to another, she might be able to identify interesting spots and gather some interesting data in the process.

Of course, this will take time but...she forgot all about Marisa coming later (and she told her to call anyway, so she doesn't event have any remorse) and becomes completely absorbed by her game.
« Last Edit: <07-15-16/1730:30> by Imladir »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <07-11-16/1457:03> »
Oooh.  You find a good spot; a file on the man that seems to be fairly open with no real file protection, almost as if someone had pulled it from a drawer and forget to put it away after looking at it.  Sure enough, it is not long before you see a matrix persona come look at the file.  After a short time, the persons smiles and puts the read file back on the virtual desk and gets ready to leave.  As you prepare to follow, something gets your attention.  Another persona, almost invisible rises from a hiding spot and follows the first.  Apparently you are not the first to think of this idea.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <07-11-16/1520:15> »
[Cynthia Rawson - Sunday June 10th, 2075; Somewhere in the Matrix] #9

Ha. Go figure.
Good thing I'm naturally good at this kind of cloak and dagger stuff. Beats relying on brute force like those deckers. Well, as long as they don't see you that is.
Anyway, following the furtive Personna is much more interesting than doing it on some dumb & happy ones. Here, I will have to be on the top of my game. To not let it get away from me, and while doing so, staying hidden from it. This is so much better.
She briefly considers asking her Courier Sprite to tag the furtive one, even if it probably doesn't have a lot of hope to succeed. While it doesn't matter if it fails since it wouldn't give anything away, if it does succeed...it would be less interesting.
In much the same way, she wonders if she should attempt to put a mark on her target. That would hugely simplify her task. Well, as long as it doesn't check for marks on itself that is. But this would be dangerous. And if the target is good, it would just serve at give her away. No, much better simply following.

Still, maybe she should use her sprite after all. No risks... well, unless the target specifically checks for files on itself. Not completely impossible, but much less probable than checking for marks.

Wait, now that she thinks about it... She checks herself a bit. You never know. Maybe there's someone trying the same stuff on her. That wouldn't do. Wouldn't do at all. Being the hunter is a hell of a lot more fun than being prey!
« Last Edit: <07-15-16/1730:35> by Imladir »

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <07-11-16/1530:56> »
Suddenly the game becomes a lot more interesting as you find that someone has tossed a mark at you without you detecting the action.  Someone is interested in your actions.  Now you have decisions to make on following the original target, the one who is following that one, or trying to deal with whoever is following you.  Can you do all three at once or will you need to focus on one task?

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <07-11-16/1623:36> »
[Cynthia Rawson - Sunday June 10th, 2075; Somewhere in the Matrix] #10

Cynthia freezes for an instant when she sees the mark on herself. While she doesn't think - at all - that she's the hottest hacker in the Matrix, she still has a decent appreciation of her skills. Whoever put a mark on her must be very good. That could be reason enough to forget the whole thing and leave as soon as possible.

Still, only one mark means that her meat cannot be found. That's good. No reason to panic. Yet. While there's no shame being beaten by stronger than yourself, it still smarts a bit. She's doesn't intend to roll over and admit defeat however. She forgets about following anyone: that's so not interesting anymore. Instead she will play with whoever thought he could use her.

To that effect, she takes a few seconds to think about how to proceed. Once a set of actions chosen, she takes actions. First, she will wait an occasion where the little train enters or exits a Host. Just as she exits, she will Thread a Resonance Veil to try and induce her follower into believing that she's not where she is supposed to be. Of course, given the mark on herself, her follower will not believe it and will soon ignore the false input. But she hopes it will still take time, if very short, to realise which is which. Time where he will not move and stay in a small and identified region, which should help her find him.

If she does indeed find him, she will attempt to place one (and only one) mark on her hunter now target with the help of her sprite.
« Last Edit: <07-15-16/1730:40> by Imladir »

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <07-11-16/1935:22> »
I'm glad she's facing the racks while telling her little story, because I can barely contain my shock and horror. To just drop something like that in casual conversation? What the actual hell? I thought i was meeting with a business women, potential friend, and at very least someone educated in the ways of common social customs.

My previous plans to make this a somewhat flirtatious encounter are completely gone, and I'm a tad uncomfortable taking off my clothes now, but I compensate by turning away as I remove my suit, thankful I wore decent underclothes, nothing flashy but nothing shameful either.

"We're going tonight, and that is a generous offer to say the least. I feel I must accept, baring her approval of course." after a moments pause I decide to chance it "Was that a true story? It sounds rather horrible."

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <07-11-16/2045:46> »
@Cynthia   It is almost as if you can predict the future.  As you wait after exiting the next host and casting your Resonance Veil, you do notice a persona stop and look about in confusion.  As the hunter looks about as if to check which of several doors you might have used, you are able to slip a marl on him without being noticed. 

@Eva  "Tonight?  I can do tonight.  What time and is it just for you and a friend or were you doing a group thing?  I can arrange for a nice private booth if you want somewhere to relax between visits to the dance floor.  Oh, that looks nice on you, but I think the next one has the killer look you might be looking for.  Do you have some tape to keep the front up or can I give you some?" 

After a slight pause, she adds, '"I probably should not have mentioned that.  I guess you can tell that I am still bitter?  But it is unfortunately all too true.  Some day I may even be able to tell you the story over drinks or something.  The very short story is that I was nowhere near the incident but my name was associated with the guy and the scandal was pretty bad.  You can probably look it all up on old news feeds.  Or even new ones.  Every once in a while someone tries to dig up something on me and that usually comes up.  To be honest, I was horrified at what happened that night.  I might have killed the bloody ass if he had not died."