NEWS

must-have gear list

• 175 Replies

Falconer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #165 on: <05-25-12/1656:20> »
Yeah, I don't get why all the hate for the basic armored vest in the BBB.   It says it conceals nicely underneath any worn clothing and it's far superior to all the 'tailored' armor suits.  If you get it with softweave then it's suitable even for body 2 characters.

Nothings stopping you from dropping 5000 on a nice suit afterwards either if it's the look for money you're after.

I actually like softweave and FFBA... not because it helps the troll tank (it does... but really in raw numbers terms not a lot... but for low body non-tank characters they're the ONLY ways to get reasonably significant amounts of armor.   Not so much that light pistol isn't still a threat  (~12 dice soak... 4 base damage on Light pistol... 1 net to hit at least... means 1+ damage still comes through per hit).... but that they won't die instantly as soon as the SMG's and AR's start coming out to play.   Put another way, those extra 3-5 dice of armor mean a lot more to someone who only has 3-6 points to start with than someone already packing 12+ points and a high body score to match.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #166 on: <05-26-12/1704:31> »
  Look at it from an IC point of view.  "7/7 armor" is an observable, testable factor; if that single set of armored clothing is superior to the alternatives in terms of protection given ... then logically that outfit becomes de rigeur for IN-character reasons.  Because seriously, given roughly the same non-armor-value qualities (price, social impact, availability, encumbrance), why would any shadowrunner ever choose less than the best armor available ...?  This is literally a piece of equipment upon which the runners' life will depend - literally the thing standing between the opposition's bullets, and the runner's own hide.

Aside from that, it's really good armor.

(Rest of that website is not at all safe for work.)

-k

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #167 on: <05-27-12/0932:29> »
Fixed the list for us, back in 90ties

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #168 on: <05-27-12/1411:19> »
$Deity I feel old now.   :'(
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #169 on: <05-27-12/1505:42> »
yeah. Like Powerbook100...

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #170 on: <05-27-12/1838:07> »
wow 90% of that crap is obolete now, bet he feels dumb.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #171 on: <05-27-12/1959:24> »
Considering that it was a parody of things back-in-the-day, not really.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #172 on: <05-27-12/2009:34> »
hell some of that would be a collectors dream now, so i bet he wishes he still had it all.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #173 on: <05-28-12/0313:01> »

::)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #174 on: <05-28-12/1102:52> »
He's probably as obsolete as I am now, too.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Blue_Lion

• Omae
« Reply #175 on: <06-01-12/1616:25> »
LOL but realy if you look at how technolgy has changed in the last 10 years alone then look at the RPG tech rules from 80-90s you can see why many games had to update change editions. The emergency of wii fii in modern times probaly played a big part in shadow runs change of edition.