NEWS

Changes to Seattle between 2072 and 2075

• 10 Replies

Wildfire

• Newb
« on: <06-06-15/0947:57> »
I have the Seattle 2072 book and was wondering what the major changes are between that and the 2075 current date, I know the matrix changes to grids but was wondering if there were any other major changes. I'm putting together a handout for my players and referencing the book heavily.

I've been out of the game a while, last games was back under 3rd ed when it was new out :) and am playing catch up before kicking of a new camping in a few weeks.

Mr. Black

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <06-08-15/1952:20> »
Well, the Olympic games come to town in 2076, so the town should be hopping with construction, political movement, and locals already whining about extra drive times, closed off streets, and other such things. Geekman047 started a thread here, and I picked up on it and pursued some sinister thoughts at my blog.

I am still trying to find out how long a Governor's term last for. If it is 4 years, Kennie Brackhaven may have lost his reelection bid and a new Governor may be in place (this could be good for some GM's and their nefarious plans...) If it is 6 years, the reelection cycle will be heating up and there should be Johnsons looking for runners who can handle subtle political jobs.

In fact, this may be one of the best times to be a runner in Seattle. Between all the jobs for the Olympics, and about the Olympics, and political hack jobs, there should be tons of work for everybody. Heck, your runners may start to suffer from "quest fatigue"-"Can we just have a couple of weeks of downtime without it affecting our Street cred?!?"

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #2 on: <06-08-15/2230:20> »
"Sure, not a problem.  Let's play those out, huh?"

*trigger bad things happening during off-time*  You don't get paid for it, but you do get karma ...
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <06-09-15/2043:55> »
There's some info out of the Missions (Prop 23, Copy-Cat Killer, etc.).
Governorship is every 4 years. Brackhaven was elected in 2070, and reelected in 2074. Late 2074 to 2075 sees Brackhaven dealing with legal issues.
One would expect construction and/or preparation for the 2076 Olympics to be going on somewhere in the Metroplex between 2072 to 2075.
And Stormfront, while not Seattle specific, goes through to Jan 2075 dealing with a lot of the big picture stuff.
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Wildfire

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <06-13-15/0541:19> »
Thanks for the info, off to read some more sourcebooks :)

Mr. Black

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <06-17-15/1912:14> »
Thanks Fizzygoo. I knew Kennie was up to more shenanigans. I need to read up on those "legal troubles" and incorporate them into my Brackhaven is Himmler conspiracy theory.

toad

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <06-23-15/2201:05> »
Mr. Black
When is Part 4 of your Seattle Olympics series going up?

Mr. Black

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <06-27-15/0058:25> »
I am working on parts 4+. Sadly, I got hooked into the Lion Rampant Miniature game and got sidelined. Well that and a 10 in Ten on Knight Errant vs Lone Star, another on extractions, another on retrievals, and one on "rural" adventures. Sigh, I do need to get to work. The next part is about how players can get shanghaied into investigating the whole mess.

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <07-19-15/0938:06> »
The current year is 2077 and the Olympics have passed actually. Though the CMPs for Gencon will be focused on them.

As previously stated Brakhaven is still in office, but seems to have a large target on his back.

Since Missions moved to Chicago there hasn't been as much cannon written for Seattle in the last couple of years.
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #9 on: <07-19-15/1736:30> »
I think the biggest change for Seattle in that time period is the acceptance of Prop 23, which turned the Ork Underground into a legal zone of the city.... with all the rights and headaches that entails...
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Mr. Black

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <07-19-15/2327:42> »
Yep, went back and read Stormfront for the Seattle bit (the first time I only cared about the killing of dragons, because screw those insanely powerful, immortal and "I know something important but won't tell you metahumans until the last minute" bastards!) I will be working all of Kennie's problems into my plans for him and Seattle. Though election rigging and fraud are pretty low key crimes for an archracist like him...