NEWS

Optimized TacNet

• 0 Replies

Weldûn

• Chummer
« on: <09-15-11/0659:30> »
Okay, those of you who keep an eye on the gear section of the forums may have noticed that I really love to make use of Tactical Networks. Recently, while working on a Tactical Support character, I came was looking at commlink options and noticed the wording on Optimization. The emphasis is obviously mine.
Quote from: p.198, Unwired
Optimization
This modification optimizes the device’s processor and components to enhance one particular program, applying a +1 dice pool modifier for all tests using that software. Each device may only be optimized once.
Tactical Networks provide dice pool bonuses to various tests, based on the rating of the program (as standard), how many people are a part of the network and how many sensor channels each of them is providing. But, from a plain text reading of the rules, optimization can increase how many dice the TacNet provides, without requiring a higher rating, more sensor channels, or even more people in the network.

And people think that the social/sensor programs are broken. :P
Cleverly disguised as an adult.

Which I think is sort of like arguing that a partial erection should get all the benefits of an erection.