NEWS

Hidden Arm Slides and Reloading Slides (Other reloading methods as well)

• 1 Replies

Desiani

• Chummer
« on: <02-07-17/0206:09> »
I've searched for both terms on this forum and google and no where can I find an answer other than a reloading slide can carry 1 spare clip, even then the book doesn't give you a hard number. The only thing I've seen is in Equilibrium where Preston reloads during one seen and I can't remember exactly how many clips he could jam on the slide.

Can you have both a hidden arm slide for holding your back up tasers and a reloading rail for your primary killy guns?

Regarding the Reloading Rail, is it a small holster with the magazines poking out so you can just jam your guns on it and you're good for the next shot? The way the book describes it as being a little arm that pokes out. Is it the same concept just the machine pokes them out for you?

This next question is more of a Fluff/Flair thing but I am curios of the Mechanical application. If you had spare clips lining your outer legs in special modified pockets, would it just be treated as a free action to eject the clip, a simple to jam one in and then another simple to fire?

Thank you for your time!

adzling

« Reply #1 on: <02-12-17/0931:36> »
There is not a lot of detail in RAW.

In our game the reloading slide holds one clip, you can wear one on each arm.

It works like this in my mind/ our table:

imagine a bracer on your forearm that hold a clip on the "outside" or "back" of your forearm. This goes on the arm opposite the pistol you want to reload. After you have ejected the clip from your pistol you hold the pistol with the butt of the handle (where the clip ejects from) on top of your off-hand (kinda like your crossing your hand) and the new clip is inserted into the empty magazine chamber with a thought/ command/ twitch.

Because a hidden gun arm slide holds the pistol on the inside of your forearm they could be combined in theory.

Which is exactly what I did for our game.

Kata Slides
​A sort of hybrid between the reloading rail and the hidden arm slide, this device straps to the forearm and with a gesture or wireless signal releases the pistol right into the wearer's hand or will insert a clip into an empty clip-fed pistol. This take a free action.

This device is particularly popular with practitioners of Guna Kata. It is compatible with all light pistols that do not have an Extended Clip. A version of this device is available as a cyberarm accessory.

Each pair of Kata Slides can hold two light pistols and two ammo clips and provides +1 armor.​

$2000 Nuyen