NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #180 on: <06-27-15/2148:02> »
Hurrah JohnnyFive is back in business.
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #181 on: <06-28-15/0316:50> »
Build 168:
Application Change:

Did some stuff to make spell descriptors show up in character sheets.
Karma carry-over for build methods other than Point Buy fixed to 7. You may need to reset your options to defaults for this to take effect. Tools > Options > Karma Costs.
Fixed an issue with skills changing their values incorrectly.
Fixed an issue with discounts for knowledge skills not working properly.
Data Change:

Fixed a fault with the calculation of Net ranges that caused a crash.
Data Trails content added. Some additional functionality for commlink dongles and such is still required, so they haven't been included yet. Much thanks to Iridios for his work with this.

Is this an error or is there a step I'm missing?
It's an error. New feature, new code, so I'm not surprised it's a little buggy. I'll take a look at it and see what's going on.

A few things I'd like to ask for in a future update of Chummer5's core program.  First is that in character creation when the "Ignore Character Creation Rules" box is checked that the limit for Skill Groups be lifted (currently is capped at the legal limit of 6; I know there's a workaround already).  Second is that, as a House Rule, a discount to implant Essence Cost be an option, like how the previous version of Chummer for SR4 had.
That shouldn't be a problem.

Just noticed another thing - when a character is marked as created and saved, it is no longer possible to buy more months of lifestyle. You can add a new lifestyle, though you are not charged for it, but there is no way to buy extra months.

That's... odd. I'll have to fiddle with that.
Thank you very much for the consideration.

Raven2049

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • CDT "Special" Agent
« Reply #182 on: <06-28-15/1057:48> »
Just noticed another thing - when a character is marked as created and saved, it is no longer possible to buy more months of lifestyle. You can add a new lifestyle, though you are not charged for it, but there is no way to buy extra months. This is in version 5.166

R.

may be silly stating this but you do know you click on the green "+" arrow after you select your lifestyle to purchase more months right? you buy them one at a time in this manner.

Triskavanski

• Ace Runner
« Reply #183 on: <06-28-15/1120:33> »
Something I'd like to see, is being able to Sum-to-X. This would totally allow people to also easily do High Life/Street Scum (High life is Sum to 15, street scum is sum to 6. )
Concepts are great, but implementation sucks. Why not improve it?

Triskavanski's House Rules

Beaumis

• Omae
« Reply #184 on: <06-28-15/1839:14> »
Buying skillgroups after chargen doesn't seem to give you the skills. I tried to buy the athletics group, spend 5 Karma and got nothing.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #185 on: <06-29-15/0142:55> »
I notice the default free knowledge points is set at 3xInt + Log.  Core book says 2x.  did this get changed somewhere?
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #186 on: <06-29-15/0210:52> »
I notice the default free knowledge points is set at 3xInt + Log.  Core book says 2x.  did this get changed somewhere?
Interesting, as I'm seeing it at 2x when I mess around a little.  I don't have the absolutely latest version at the moment, though (161).

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #187 on: <06-29-15/0254:52> »
You can change it to be 2, I just keep finding it set at 3

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #188 on: <06-29-15/1040:42> »
Just updated and now I see what you're talking about.  Funny thing I found in messing around is that after enabling the house rule to modify the free karma multiplier, hitting OK, then going back in to disable it the setting now keeps resetting to 2 whenever it's disabled.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #189 on: <06-29-15/1242:06> »
Yeah, it's no big deal at all, just making sure there wasn't some errata I missed. It was Int+log x3 in SR4.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #190 on: <07-01-15/1633:37> »
Tried to add Active Hardwires to Chummer but I could only get the skill to add as a bonus rather than add the skill itself.  Either Chummer needs modification to make it work or I just don't know the right tag to add. 

Meaty

• Newb
« Reply #191 on: <07-05-15/0521:25> »
Hi there,
first I want to thank you for continuing Chummer! It helps a LOT! :-)

I noticed that from Build 167 onward (up till Build 169), if you buy Skill Groups with Karma the Karma is removed and the Group Rating rises, but it has no effect on the skills (individual Dice Pools stay the same as before).
Seems odd because it worked in Build 166. Right now I am working around it by editing the save files.

Cheers!

BetaCAV

• Omae
  • 2-legged devil rat
« Reply #192 on: <07-05-15/1527:06> »
It would be really great if there were someone willing to repackage Chummer5 with all the user-created support files in all the right locations (and keep up with newer versions). I completely understand why C5iA might not want to do this on top of all the other work he's doing, but I can never seem to get everything working with it... no idea if I'm missing some files, or grabbing them from the wrong places, or even just putting them in the wrong place(s).

Failing that, a consolidated post of links to everything, would be a lesser (but still big), help

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #193 on: <07-07-15/0201:08> »
I'm pretty sure C5iA is doing that. The latest version pulled in the Data Trails stuff from Iridios (probably with some minor modifications, but it should all be there). I don't know that anyone has done the Chrome Flesh stuff yet, but it probably won't be too long.

If you are having problems, you should remove everything and start fresh with the latest Chummer 5A and NOT add any community content. That might be what is hosing it for you since it is all already included. If someone (usually Iridios) does Chrome Flesh (or any future content), you can add those until C5iA includes them, then be sure to manually pull the ones you added so they don't conflict. Just keep an eye on the release notes so you know when that happens.
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #194 on: <07-07-15/1120:43> »
Chrome Flesh is already in the mix.  I downloaded 5.169 last week from https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases/latest and it was there, along with a few little fixes.

And yes, do remove the older custom & override files for Run Faster & Shadow Spells as they do cause conflicts.