NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #60 on: <01-03-15/1550:29> »
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3RhPHKkUyd7NkE0WlVEYXdaR1U&usp=sharing

Metagenic Qualities files is uploaded with both positive and negative qualites.  The restrictions for cyberware and bioware haven't been added to it yet, but that is my next project.  Chummer cannot support the rules for random selection for Class I and Class II, players will have to do that outside the game and manually select the results.  The only major deviation from the book is that I changed Class III to cost 25 Karma to avoid breaking the hard limit set in Chummer.

I also plan on making a version of the file in which the different levels of Surge give you different amounts of Karma, similar to way it worked in 4th Ed.
Signature file not found

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <01-03-15/1835:12> »
Chummer cannot support the rules for random selection for Class I and Class II, players will have to do that outside the game and manually select the results.
Would it be possible to have it record the results of the embedded Dice Roller into the character file, or at least on the character sheet?

Great work on this!
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #62 on: <01-03-15/1855:06> »
Would it be possible to have it record the results of the embedded Dice Roller into the character file, or at least on the character sheet?

That would take recoding the Chummer program itself.  That is a task that is well outside my reach both in technical knowledge and in time available.  It shouldn't be too hard to record the dice rolls manually in one of the text blocks used to describe the character or the notes tab once the character is in career mode.
Signature file not found

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #63 on: <01-04-15/1850:32> »

That would take recoding the Chummer program itself.  That is a task that is well outside my reach both in technical knowledge and in time available.  It shouldn't be too hard to record the dice rolls manually in one of the text blocks used to describe the character or the notes tab once the character is in career mode.

Fair enough.

SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <01-05-15/0352:07> »
I noticed that the "Tough As Nails" qualities allow you to take 3 Physical & 3 Stun in total, rather than limiting you to a total of 4 in whatever combination you want.  I apologize in that I've not been paying full attention to this thread & kept up with discussion, but was this intentional for Chummer5?

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #65 on: <01-05-15/0509:56> »
I noticed that the "Tough As Nails" qualities allow you to take 3 Physical & 3 Stun in total, rather than limiting you to a total of 4 in whatever combination you want.  I apologize in that I've not been paying full attention to this thread & kept up with discussion, but was this intentional for Chummer5?

I struggled with the Tough as Nails quality.  I had the choice of either allowing only 4 instances and not using the improvement function (in this case adjusting the condition monitors) or allowing "all of them" and having the value automatically adjust.  The Chummer base program will need to be recoded to allow this to be limited.

There is a line that supposedly can limit the number of uses for a particular quality, but I cannot get it to work for any quality and it would not work for Tough as Nails as I have it written.
« Last Edit: <01-05-15/0514:03> by Iridios »
Signature file not found

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <01-05-15/1458:13> »
I struggled with the Tough as Nails quality.  I had the choice of either allowing only 4 instances and not using the improvement function (in this case adjusting the condition monitors) or allowing "all of them" and having the value automatically adjust.  The Chummer base program will need to be recoded to allow this to be limited.

There is a line that supposedly can limit the number of uses for a particular quality, but I cannot get it to work for any quality and it would not work for Tough as Nails as I have it written.
Looking through the qualities file of the older Chummer program, it looks like the <limit> option has one value of "no" to allow a quality to be taken multiple times without limit (like allergies & addictions) and nothing else.

Also, in messing around to test recreating a few of my SR4 characters into the SR5 rules, I noticed that the metagenetic quality for Thermographic Vision is missing.

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #67 on: <01-06-15/0527:55> »

Also, in messing around to test recreating a few of my SR4 characters into the SR5 rules, I noticed that the metagenetic quality for Thermographic Vision is missing.

That is because Thermo Vis (and presumably lo lite) is listed in the main quality file and Chummer prefers the 'native' file to the custom ones.  Quick fix is to edit the custom file to rename the quality.  I will do that on my copy later this evening.
Signature file not found

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #68 on: <01-06-15/1145:32> »
You could do like I did with sound link which isn't available by itself as a audio enhancement but is available in cyberears. What I did was
copy the listing for sound link in cyberware and created a custom version available under audio enhancement which points to the cyberware
version, which allows it to be used on audio devices. I'm surprised it wasn't included from the beginning since it was available on cyberears.
« Last Edit: <01-06-15/1853:25> by Rebeldawg »

rty1243

• Newb
« Reply #69 on: <01-06-15/1204:20> »
Hoi chummers, let me just start by saying I really appreciate you guys continuing the development of Chummer5. Your work is great and very useful.
I did notice a bug(?) when using the new SURGE qualities for claws. When attempting to add the quality, an error message appears and the quality is not added. I tried this with all three of the claw qualities, and it was the same result. Any suggestions on how to remedy this issue?

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #70 on: <01-06-15/1858:54> »
Hoi chummers, let me just start by saying I really appreciate you guys continuing the development of Chummer5. Your work is great and very useful.
I did notice a bug(?) when using the new SURGE qualities for claws. When attempting to add the quality, an error message appears and the quality is not added. I tried this with all three of the claw qualities, and it was the same result. Any suggestions on how to remedy this issue?

Ok.  After much testing I cannot get natural weapons to work in any way.
First I tried to emulate the method used in the original Chummer.  That didn't work.
I tried to make a 'Quality' category in the custom weapons file.  Nope
I tried modifying the original weapons file with both the 'Quality' category.  Again, nope.
... recategorized the natural weapons as other categories (e.g. unarmed).  Still no go.

At this point it looks like to get these to work Chummer will need to be recoded.  So I have removed the addweapon line from the quality file and reuploaded it.  You will have to manually add the natural weapons.  And unfortunately, the "Add Natural Weapon" function is still coded for the SR4 base damage of Str/2.
« Last Edit: <01-06-15/2059:00> by Iridios »
Signature file not found

SpellBinder

• Omae
« Reply #71 on: <01-07-15/1611:43> »
Funny, because after reading that I looked into the XML files and did get it to work.  Here's the code for the custom_RunFaster_weapons.XML file I made:

Code: [Select]
<chummer>
  <weapons>
    <weapon>
      <name>Digging Claws</name>
      <category>Quality</category>
      <type>Melee</type>
      <conceal>0</conceal>
      <accuracy>0</accuracy>
      <reach>0</reach>
      <damage>(STR)P</damage>
      <ap>+1</ap>
      <mode>0</mode>
      <rc>0</rc>
      <ammo>0</ammo>
      <avail>0</avail>
      <cost>0</cost>
      <allowaccessory>false</allowaccessory>
      <useskill>Unarmed Combat</useskill>
      <source>RF</source>
      <page>113</page>
    </weapon>
    <weapon>
      <name>Razor Claws</name>
      <type>Melee</type>
      <conceal>0</conceal>
      <accuracy>0</accuracy>
      <reach>0</reach>
      <damage>(STR+1)P</damage>
      <ap>-1</ap>
      <mode>0</mode>
      <rc>0</rc>
      <ammo>0</ammo>
      <avail>0</avail>
      <cost>0</cost>
      <source>RF</source>
      <page>113</page>
    </weapon>
    <weapon>
      <name>Retractable Claws</name>
      <type>Melee</type>
      <conceal>0</conceal>
      <accuracy>0</accuracy>
      <reach>0</reach>
      <damage>(STR+1)P</damage>
      <ap>-1</ap>
      <mode>0</mode>
      <rc>0</rc>
      <ammo>0</ammo>
      <avail>0</avail>
      <cost>0</cost>
      <source>RF</source>
      <page>113</page>
    </weapon>
  </weapons>
</chummer>

rty1243

• Newb
« Reply #72 on: <01-07-15/1859:55> »
Funny, because after reading that I looked into the XML files and did get it to work.  Here's the code for the custom_RunFaster_weapons.XML file I made:

Thanks! Mind posting the file? I can't seem to find it if you already have.
« Last Edit: <01-07-15/1944:46> by rty1243 »

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #73 on: <01-07-15/2027:05> »

The only thing I had missing was the <accuracy></accuracy> line.  That's what I get for working on these files while tired.  Now to see if the add weapon line works in the qualities file.
Signature file not found

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #74 on: <01-07-15/2042:12> »
That also fixed the issue with using the quality to add the natural weapons.  I've uploaded the latest copy of the quality file and a natural_weapons file.  Both to be found under the Run Faster folder.

Much Thanks to SpellBinder.  Remember kids, sometimes having a second pair of eyes is helpful :P

I would also like to add that the Chummer Wiki doesn't mention that the <accuracy> line is required.

2nd Edit.  Updated the natural_weapons file to set the accuracy to the Physical Limit.
« Last Edit: <01-07-15/2052:24> by Iridios »
Signature file not found