NEWS

Broadcasting SiN movie example?

• 4 Replies

kainite311

• Chummer
  • PC's are just murder hobo's...
« on: <04-07-19/1145:22> »
So I watched Anon on netflix and looked like a fairly good representation of how broadcasting your SiN works/looks, and mandatory (and why not broadcasting sticks out). Comments? Also pretty decent representation of how AR overlay integrates (kinda basic visually, but the whole basic info at a glance insta google fu at whatever your looking at)...
Other movies/TV shows?
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <04-07-19/1246:40> »
GATTACA should give you an idea of how hard it is to beat a R6 SIN checker, and just how involved having a R6 fake SIN is.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-07-19/1304:41> »
I haven't seen Anon, but I'd agree with Ghost Rigger about GATTACA being my gold standard for how fake SINs work.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

kainite311

• Chummer
  • PC's are just murder hobo's...
« Reply #3 on: <04-07-19/1309:54> »
Yeah it was pretty good, but was going more for the actual visual style... Anon kinda same vein as Gattaca, kind of a film noir detective who done it story.
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)

Ghost Rigger

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-07-19/1329:45> »
What we see in GATTACA is only fitting for R6 fake SINs, mind you, because the measures seen in the movie are quite extreme.
After all you don't send an electrician to fix your leaking toilet.

A Guide to Gridguide