NEWS

Orc mentality

• 24 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #15 on: <04-07-19/0338:06> »
Fun fact: Any Human I play in Seattle has a soft spot for the OU, exactly because of that. And I had my players frequently interact with the OU because of the interesting aspects it provides. Didn't take them long to love taking things out on Humanis.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <04-07-19/0516:56> »
Is there anyone who DOESN'T love taking things out on Humanis?!

Chalkarts

• Omae
  • I'm a Street Painter in South Georgia.
« Reply #17 on: <04-07-19/0621:46> »

One of my favorite characters was a orc decker/ fixer. Orcs have big families with the whole multiple births stuff........ So I spent all my Karma on high loyalty, low influence connections.

You see beeing an Orc he had lots of Cousins. He had a cousin who was a mechanic, a cousin who worked security, a cousin who worked at a corp bar as a barkeeper , a cousin who drove a limo for the corps, a cousin who was a cab driver, a cousin who had a stuffer shack.....you get the idea. ^^

So whenever the team needed something , they would turn to the orc and say: " Say Hellion, don't you know somebody ? "   He usually did  ;)

It was great fun for everybody !

I love that!
I could see someone playing a whole succession of Ork Characters that are all cousins in the same family who keep showing up in Seattle to find out what happened to the last one.
I paint the pavement.  It's what I do.  Check it out on Instagram, @Chalkarts

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #18 on: <04-07-19/1417:58> »
Is there anyone who DOESN'T love taking things out on Humanis?!
"Aw, we did the 'run and there wasn't even any combat!"  "Don't worry, we'll swing by a Humanis Den on the way to see Mr. Johnson and see if we can thin their numbers out more."  "YAY!"
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #19 on: <04-07-19/1702:22> »
*Force 4 Air Spirit tackles Humanis compound-leader out of a window, in full sight of the Summoner down below*

"What the hell, Whushy?!"
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Wenlocke

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <04-11-19/1210:21> »
I can't remember which one of the old books it was in, but there was an Orc streetsam archetype that was listed, who spoke all polite and posh, then admonished you that the fact that this surprised you and threw you off was a tactical weakness that could get you killed, and you had to expect everything and anything... and then reverted into a "ok, if it makes you feel more comfortable, Big trog gonna kick butt" or something like it.

I liked orks ever since.
Nostalgia 'aint what it used to be.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <04-11-19/1246:13> »
That was from the Street Samurai Catalog, p. 106. I'm procrastinating so I'll quote it:

"You seem surprised. Is it my clothing? The way I speak? Or is it the fact that I am samurai?

"If you intend to work the street, you cannot be surprised. Surprise means weakness, and weakness spells death. You must learn to expect everything.

"And I expect you will find the conditions for my employment agreeable. believe me, there is no one better suited than me. I am perfect for your shadowun.

"Dere ain't nobody better who knows da streets like I's do. There, does that sound more orkish for you?"

Grizzly

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <04-11-19/1519:24> »
I'm not too familiar with the specifics of the Ork Underground area, but thinking about their life-span and higher education difficulties made me wonder if there was a way forward for them, albeit in a more specialized manner.

The Ork Institute.

The Ork Institute (OI) focuses on a mentor-based learning style with significant hands-on experience.

First year students are taken in at 15, and are given a 1 year skills upgrade in the English language and mathematics, along with a basic science course.  They also receive multiple hands-on training experiences working with different mentors in different fields.

Second year students are required to then choose a particular field of study.  Classroom teaching focuses on the specifics needed to perform in that field, with plenty of opportunity for hands-on training in real-world situations.

The length of curriculum varies depending upon how specialized and technical the student desires to go, but most graduate after three or four years with a certificate or diploma that is equivalent to those issued by more traditional schools.

OI graduates are just as capable in their particular field as other graduates, though they do lack a broader educational background which non-Ork students tend to have accumulated along the way.

Currently, OI is able to offer certificates or diploma's in plumbing, electrical, HVAC, book-keeping, accounting, paramedic, security, business administration and political science.

OI use of mentors and external work experiences keeps the costs to the students low.  Graduates often return to the program in their thirties, having accumulated 20+ years of real-world experience, to help teach the next generation.

The Ork Institute also has a great football team, with students chanting "Oi! Oi! Oi!" to cheer their team to victory!

Wenlocke

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <04-12-19/0528:41> »
That was from the Street Samurai Catalog, p. 106. I'm procrastinating so I'll quote it:

"You seem surprised. Is it my clothing? The way I speak? Or is it the fact that I am samurai?

"If you intend to work the street, you cannot be surprised. Surprise means weakness, and weakness spells death. You must learn to expect everything.

"And I expect you will find the conditions for my employment agreeable. believe me, there is no one better suited than me. I am perfect for your shadowun.

"Dere ain't nobody better who knows da streets like I's do. There, does that sound more orkish for you?"

ah yes, that was it. I loved him and the ideas behind him.
Nostalgia 'aint what it used to be.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #24 on: <04-12-19/0605:04> »
He’s the main reason I play Orks whenever possible.
That being said SSC was truly a great sourcebook. It holds my favorite pistol, great cyberware, and cool character ideas.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?