NEWS

cyberadept street sam and hacker??

• 16 Replies

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #15 on: <04-01-19/0013:33> »
Honestly asking how limbs improve on the "make threading better while still being a street sam" overall other then better street sam, but without the wires the threading side falls apart defeating the core idea thought exercise...

If your improving threading to achieve some goal then, consider that Limbs are varied and have a thing called Capacity, which are part of the limb. Think on it.

On a side note, you could also use active wires to reduce cost to 24k... As for the matrix damage, depends on how you rule to fix it. RAW appear that a simple repair matrix damage roll does it. Arguments appear that cybertech skill or medic. Either way that's easily solved by implant medic nanites I believe (unless I misunderstand how they work).

I suggest consulting Data Trails. GM opinions will vary undoubtedly, but that's the last update on the subject.

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

kainite311

• Chummer
  • PC's are just murder hobo's...
« Reply #16 on: <04-01-19/0140:01> »
Honestly asking how limbs improve on the "make threading better while still being a street sam" overall other then better street sam, but without the wires the threading side falls apart defeating the core idea thought exercise...

If your improving threading to achieve some goal then, consider that Limbs are varied and have a thing called Capacity, which are part of the limb. Think on it.

On a side note, you could also use active wires to reduce cost to 24k... As for the matrix damage, depends on how you rule to fix it. RAW appear that a simple repair matrix damage roll does it. Arguments appear that cybertech skill or medic. Either way that's easily solved by implant medic nanites I believe (unless I misunderstand how they work).

I suggest consulting Data Trails. GM opinions will vary undoubtedly, but that's the last update on the subject.
Again, it's about getting the software skill up to be able to thread effectively... so swaping wires for limbs, again makes no sense as it fails to do what is being set out, boost threading to be viable technohacker (possibly better then normal due to higher threading skill then regular techno...)
So thinking on how ANY mod (the whole capacity thing) put into a limb can help up your software skill and stack with diagnostics, as thats the only skill that can improve overall threading dice (and you sure can't slap resonance on with anything but, well resonance itself), and coming up with ziltch. So guess we are trying to be mysterious?... and obtuse? In providing zero example, other then "think on it". Not much contribution to the overall conversation at hand without example, citation, something more then "limbs" without any context, especially after being honestly asked...
I listed RAW(which is the same in DT and CRB), and I listed some people's opinions on matrix damage and repairing when it comes to internal cyberware... again you added no actual new info on it. Honestly not sure what your end goal is in this with no concrete example other then "CYBERLIMBS!" and no example how it makes THREADING better. But thank you for the input I guess?
If your not going to provide any information, even when asked for ANY clarifying examples, what's the point other then trolling? Honestly. I have seen many of your replies, and they tend to be helpful, so I am not understanding this vagueness, overlaid with a tad bit of what appears to be, condescendance, with the paraphrased "well duh, think on it" type of comment after asking for what you meant and how it affects the presented idea.
Kainite
Actually, in most Shadowrun games, they typically have a Lifestyle so they're either Murder Hobos (Street/Squatter Level) or Murder Renters (Low+ level)