NEWS

Rigger 5 Errata

• 357 Replies

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #330 on: <02-03-18/0603:40> »
The BMW Blitzkrieg comes equipped with a minigun (front) and an assault rifle (back) yet the stats say two heavy mounts only.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #331 on: <02-03-18/2328:40> »
The BMW Blitzkrieg comes equipped with a minigun (front) and an assault rifle (back) yet the stats say two heavy mounts only.

And? A gun in front and a gun in back is two weapons, so two mounts...

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #332 on: <03-18-18/0941:10> »
I've received some feedback that in the German version of Rigger 5, it's explicit that pre-installed mods count towards the total for a vehicle's limit for a particular category, and can be removed to reclaim that space. Is this a nerf on their end, or overlooked on ours? Further, if pre-installed mods don't count towards the standard vehicle capacity and they can be uninstalled, do they then provide bonus capacity above the maximum?

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #333 on: <03-29-18/2000:43> »
Will the vehicles from Stolen Souls have their stats updated to put them in line with similar vehicles in their class?  If federal agents are driving modified Sidewinders, the baseline model shouldn't be less robust than an Americar.

interpretivechaos

• Newb
« Reply #334 on: <05-31-18/1557:25> »
The Revolution has armor 6 on it's entry and armor 9 on the summary table on the back.

Hughman

• Newb
« Reply #335 on: <07-10-18/0100:25> »
Page 160. Drone Rack Clarification:

Exact text:
Micro drone racks can hold up to ten micro drones,
mini drone racks can carry a drone of up to Mini size,
small drone racks can carry up to a Small drone, medium drone racks can carry up to a Medium drone, and
large drone racks can carry (you guessed it) up to a
Large drone

There are several ways to interpret this and the context isn't clear what is the intent. Do they mean:
mini drone racks can carry one drone of up to Mini size,
small drone racks can carry up to one Small drone, medium drone racks can carry up to one Medium drone, and
large drone racks can carry (you guessed it) up to one
Large drone

Or did they mean:
mini drone racks can carry ten drones of up to Mini size,
small drone racks can carry up to ten Small drones , medium drone racks can carry up to ten Medium drones , and
large drone racks can carry (you guessed it) up to ten
Large drones

Or even:
mini drone racks can carry ten drones of micro or Mini size,
small drone racks can carry up to ten micro, mini, or Small drone, medium drone racks can carry 10 of any sized drone that is Medium or smaller, and
large drone racks can carry (you guessed it) up to ten drone of any size (except huge)

It seems odd to have it allow 10 of the smallest size but then one one of each greater size.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #336 on: <07-11-18/0030:51> »
Hughman,

While I can understand the thought that it is somewhat unclear, the phrasing "can carry a drone" is pretty clearly talking about a single drone. And even more so in the next one where it switches to "can carry up to a Small drone," which is very clearly talking about a singular number of drone. If it were multiple it would say "can carry up to Small drones"

And yes, this means that the micro drone rack can hold 10 drones, while all of the larger sized racks can only carry a single drone each. But think about the sizes there: ten micro drones probably take up about as much space as a single mini drone.

Chummer 5 is Alive

• Omae
« Reply #337 on: <07-12-18/0254:03> »
It does also mean that RAW, a large drone rack can only hold a single micro drone which is kind of odd.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #338 on: <07-12-18/0355:46> »
It does also mean that RAW, a large drone rack can only hold a single micro drone which is kind of odd.

True, but to avoid that would require some sort of size-equivalency-ratio system that allows a certain number of smaller drones to use up the space allotted for the larger drone, which is just not how the drone rack really works in the system. By default, drone racks can hold a single drone, boom done. It says that way before the part about Micro drone racks holding more than one. The big editing part is the fact that the Micro drone rack appears to be a complete after-thought (it was even left off the chart). Really, if you just left off that entire last paragraph, the whole description works fine. Then all they have to do is add a separate entry for the Micro-rack (since it works differently) and they are set.

Using 4e as reference, that's how it worked back then. They had drone racks of sizes Mini through Large (all of which could be standard or landing racks), and then they had the "multilaunch" rack which held up to 20 micro or 10 mini drones but had the added capability of being able to launch any number of them at a time (and also functioned as a landing rack).

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« Reply #339 on: <08-13-18/2035:17> »
I had a few questions regarding the GMC Armadillo in this book. If these are covered elsewhere, I do apologize.

1) There are 9 standard upgrades listed in the description of the truck. Does this mean when purchasing the truck, you get one of each option, or do you have to pick one at the time of purchase?

2) Some of the upgrades, like the Drone Rack, are is listed as truck bed quick swaps as well as standard mods. Does this mean I can load up the body modifications with Drone Racks, then exceed the body limit by attaching a Drone Rack bed?

3) The Rigger Cocoon is listed as a Power Train upgrade. Would this be better placed in either the Protection or Body modification slots?

4) Is there any description and/or pricing for the Sleeper Command Cabin, Armory, Cargo Pod, Transport, or Food Truck options?

5) Is the Off-Road Transportation supposed to be Off-Road Suspension?
« Last Edit: <08-14-18/2000:45> by Hephaestus »

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« Reply #340 on: <09-10-18/2229:19> »
I also noticed that the numbers don't add up for the Mitsuhama Gun Turret (pg. 133). It shows a body stat of 2(0), but with a body of 2 and the Immobile downgrade (+2 Mod Points), it should have 4 MP to play with. A Standard Weapon Mount costs 3 MP, so shouldn't it be 2(1) in the stats?

That would also jive with the fluff text, which states people like to either make it a retractable weapon mount (1 MP), up armor (+3/1 MP) or a larger weapon mount (large mount being 4 MP, as opposed to a standard mount at 3 MP).

PingGuy

• Newb
« Reply #341 on: <09-11-18/1406:58> »
Question I asked in another thread but asking here in the hopes of getting a official response . under the optional drone modding rules does upgrading a drones pilot rating use up mod points? The German edition has a table that suggests that pilot upgrades are free but I'm wondering if that was the original intention.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24394.msg454569#msg454569

As with any drone, first one's free, but you start coting slots after that. (1 point is essentially just better software, but more than that, you have to start adding bigger parts for processing, more onboard memory, etc etc etc.) It's the Golden Rule of DroneStats. :)

The flavor text does sort of support what you are trying to say here, it mentions that it's not just software, but also chips and so forth.  However, the Pilot Program upgrade section is actually separate from the stat upgrade section where those rules apply.

I think this is a bad idea without other adjustments being made to go along with it.  The R5 drone mod rules are already a pretty tight fit, and I still like them despite that.  If the Pilot Program counts against those mod points, then it gimps what is already barely enough room for mods.  Drones aren't in any danger of being overpowered, they might be in danger of being relevant, but this ruling could take them the other way.

Let's not forget that Pilot Program costs are hefty, and their availability is quite steep on the high end.  I made a drone to test something for one of my NPC's, it's well beyond anything a character could get without investing major time and resources.  It has limited functionality, limited ammo, and a dice pool that is barely better than a maximized new character, and that is only due to using sensor locks.  Without those the new character could beat it in dice pools.  I was only able to build this because Chummer does not take this ruling into account.

MCT-Nissan Roto-drone (total cost 51,600 nuyen)
Pilot Program (Drone) 6
Sensor (Drone) 6
Armor (Drone) 5
Weapon Mount: Huge (Drone) --> Remington 950 [DV 12P, Acc 7(9), AP -4, SS, Capacity 5] (Internal SmartLink)

That's all that fits, though I could add 1 to some of the other stats, but they aren't relevant to the drone's purpose.  If Pilot Programs used mod points, then I'd be at Sensor 4 instead.  That doesn't seem so bad, but this is a specialized build, and the chance to roll 12 dice for up to 6 hits on the sensor roll really powers up the build.  It would be 10/4 otherwise.

Without a sensor lock, the drone is rolling 14 dice (6 Pilot + 6 Targeting + 2 Smartsoft), but it has the potential to roll up to 20 with a sensor lock, and make more use of that limit of 9.  The net hits from the sensor roll help cut down the defense roll, but that still doesn't overpower the build.  As a trade-off, it has a condition monitor of 8, body of 4, and an armor of 5.  Its extreme range is its only real defense, in fact those dice pools should be -1 across the board because it would never be used at less than 51 meters anyway.  On top of that it has 5 shots, and then it's done until the NPC can get it somewhere to reload it.

Looking at my own example, it doesn't seem like such a big deal, but keep in mind that one shot could kill this.  That's 52k down the drain and some 24F availability rolls if it is to be rebuilt (by a player).  Jumped-in, this might be a real beast with 12 Gunnery and 6 Agility, but and you don't might get the +1 Smartlink bonus.  Due to range you will probably have some noise which would affect both rolls. There's no room for a Satellite Link here, so it's best operated remotely.

Rules are rules, and my example isn't going to override anything.  If this was the original intent then I get it, but maybe the mod cap should have been Body + 1 or something like that.  It really is a tight squeeze in there.  For a drone that is basically the equivalent of a high end military weapon, it's nearly barely scary enough.  Player built drones would be less so, especially at char-gen.  Sorry, this post ended up being way longer than I planned.

EDIT:
Can i get a mulligan?  Didn't realize this could be fixed with a 95,000 nuyen RCC and a 600 nuyen Swarm program.  Even if i need a second drone for Swarm to work, it's still workable

EDIT2:
Just to clarify, any of these three RCC's can provide a drone with a pilot rating of 6 when using Swarm.

Lord Star Remote Commander (DR6, 75k Nuyen, 14R availability)
MCT Drone Web (DR6, 95k Nuyen, 16R availability)
Triox UberMench (DR6, 140k Nuyen, 18R availability)

Meanwhile, a rating 6 pilot program for a specific drone has a 24F availability, which seems out of whack.
« Last Edit: <09-12-18/2101:38> by PingGuy »

PingGuy

• Newb
« Reply #342 on: <09-11-18/2135:10> »
What about the Ares Duelist? Also a Medium? The picture at the back of the Rigger 5.0 book shows them as about the size of the elf leading them, though they'd certainly be heavier. Although, most Medium drones have a Body of 3 and the Duelist has a 4.

I can't believe I missed this when reading through the book, it's a great picture.
« Last Edit: <09-12-18/2113:28> by PingGuy »

PingGuy

• Newb
« Reply #343 on: <09-12-18/1001:37> »
Delete me
« Last Edit: <09-12-18/1831:20> by PingGuy »

HP15BS

• Chummer
« Reply #344 on: <09-12-18/1145:53> »
Making the upper end of pilot upgrades take up mod points in addition to their exorbitant ¥ costs would indeed be rough.

That said, PingGuy, you seem to have a couple of things just a little bit mixed up.

Sensor locks don't add dice to your attack roll. What it does is apply a penalty to the target's defense equal to net hits on the E-War / Perception + Int [Sensors] vs Sneaking + Agi (if vs meatbags), Evasion + Pilot (if vs autopilots), or Piloting + Rea (if vs controlled vehicles).

2 reasons why this is important:
- Not adding to your attack means it doesn't stack with your edge use
- Since it's resisted, you won't even keep your statistical average, nevermind a full 6.

The other thing is that while autopilots need smartsoft, all the operator should need is smartlink in the drone's sensors to benefit (though this is probably limited to +1 since there's no essence involved.)
To Deckers the Foundation really is a crazy place from Alice in Wonderland. How does that stuff just happen? How do they work when everything about them defies logic?
Then a Techno comes, high 5's Caterpillar, takes a swig of Mad Hatter's tea, & wanders away chatting up White Rabbit.
- Marcus Gideon