NEWS

New PBP game: Newbs only!

• 9 Replies

Van Hellstrom

• Newb
« on: <06-23-11/2027:18> »
I;m keen to start up a PBP game here but I'm only looking to run it for newbs as experienced forum users will probably laugh at me :'(

If you are interested please reply to this thread - I'm only accepting players who still have newb status, anybody else I'm sorry but you can't play in this game.  I might be talked into running another game for everybody but that will be at some point in the future when I'm more comfotable running a game here.

In other forums i've played in people usually only post a few times before dropping out, hell I've done it myself lots of times! ;)  So the rule is if you don't post for 5 days you get dropped and a new player is introduced to the game and your character goes to the back of the waiting list.

This game will be short runs mostly, no real overarching plot, basically just a WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM! game.

Character generation is 400BP any official books are acceptable for use in character generation.

Game will be set in Seattle to start with and will revolve around the adventures of the runners as they set about making themselves filthy rich!

Players will start off knowing one another vaguely but this is their first actual run together. 

Game will be called 'Get Rich Or Die Trying!' '50 Cent for the Win!

The link to the OOC/RECRUITMENT thread for this game is - here

« Last Edit: <06-24-11/1023:05> by Van Hellstrom »
Shadowrun Is Cool!  I Am Not.:(

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-23-11/2032:20> »
Your best bet is to open a [Recruitment] Thread here http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?board=17.0

P.S. we wouldn't laugh and post count does not equal gaming skill or experience.

Van Hellstrom

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <06-23-11/2043:07> »
Thanks Chrona! 8)  I'm sure you guys wouldn't laugh, at least not where I could see you anyway ;), and yeah post count doesn't equal gaming experience or skill but it does indicate how much a person has posted on a board and sometimes people can be intimidated by being the new guy, not me though cause I'm awesome wherever I go, and in other forums i've been on usually the folks with a high level of posts are first to sign up to a game meaning that the new guys don't get a look in.

I'll post up a recruitment thread in the PBP forum as well.

funkytim

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <06-23-11/2350:15> »
I am new to the pbp game and really haven't roleplayed in years.  I'd like to try it though.  I'm looking to play a magician or mystic adept.  I'm willing to taylor my character to the needs of party though.  I can post probably anywhere from daily to every other day.

Psikerlord

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <06-24-11/0717:17> »
I'd like to be in, but not sure if I'm still newb. Er, I'll see when I post this.

Ah-ha, I am! I'll play whatever the group needs.

Van Hellstrom

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <06-24-11/0852:54> »
I'd like to be in, but not sure if I'm still newb. Er, I'll see when I post this.

Ah-ha, I am! I'll play whatever the group needs.

Welcome to the game Psikerlord! Here is where you will find the OOC thread for this game.  Join us there and we shall discuss such things as the state of Tea and Crumpets in modern England and why you can never seem to find a bally Lone Star officer when you need one.

We'll discuss the characters in the thread as a group so that everybody is equally angry about what character they get to play.

I am new to the pbp game and really haven't roleplayed in years.  I'd like to try it though.  I'm looking to play a magician or mystic adept.  I'm willing to taylor my character to the needs of party though.  I can post probably anywhere from daily to every other day.

Got your post in the other thread, your in buddy.

JimJungle

• Chummer
  • I Keep My Ham Sliding...
« Reply #6 on: <06-27-11/0115:40> »
Tough break on the Newb thing. Only reason i have a bunch of posts is because I got some free time every night. And I enjoy talking nerd talk with other nerds. I have yet to play with another group, I have only GMed so far, with mixed results.   I'm willing to play whatever is needed, altough I havent yet played a Hacker or TM. Which is why i love this site! I can learn so much from everyone, and vice-versa. Hence the number of posts.

cameo_demon

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <07-05-11/1645:02> »
Hi there, I've played in about three PbP games, but things never lasted for too long as the GM always ran into RL time committment issues.

That being said, I am rather optimistic. I'd love to play a Face/Gunslinger archetype with a sort of Spaghetti Western flavor. PM me if you still would like a player!

andipants

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <07-15-11/2030:19> »
Are you still looking for reserve players? I've never played a pbp before, but my boyfriend is and it looks like fun. I just got finished making a character for the game we'll be playing at gencon this year and feel like I should do something else with her as well since I put all the effort into making her.
With that said, I'm leaving in a few days and I'll be gone until after gencon, so being in reserve wouldn't hold the game back.

thanks.

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <07-15-11/2055:03> »
Are you still looking for reserve players? I've never played a pbp before, but my boyfriend is and it looks like fun. I just got finished making a character for the game we'll be playing at gencon this year and feel like I should do something else with her as well since I put all the effort into making her.
With that said, I'm leaving in a few days and I'll be gone until after gencon, so being in reserve wouldn't hold the game back.

thanks.

Van Hellstrom: Last Active: June 30, 2011, 03:10:12 AM