NEWS

Perhaps another online group? [Need Experienced GM]

• 13 Replies

Sliver

• Newb
« on: <05-23-11/1301:57> »
I have an in-person group, and I've been looking into other options. I am relatively new to SR4 specifically, but I have a good knowledge of the book and roleplaying in general. However, I would rather not GM, as I am still working on my abilities as a GM

I am planning on having it on a weekly basis, it would be best if we did it on the weekend. That way, it would conflict in a very minor way with work/school. I'm bust on Friday and Saturday, so Sunday at around 7 or 8 (Probably do a 2-3 hour run every week) would be the ideal time.

We need ~4 players and one willing to be a GM. If you are interested, please post if you would like to GM, and what character you are planning on running. Ideally, I'd like to find players who are serious with a decent sense of humor.

Personally, I'm interested in playing a magician. I've never used magic before, and I'll be familiarizing myself with it over the next week.

Edit:

- We are going to be using Skype for voice and Maptools for the roll.
- If you already posted that you are interested in playing, then you are one of the ~5 players we'll get.
- So far, the list of players is: Me, Triggvi, Goodwin(Maybe), and Firewind.
- We need an experienced GM, this is largely for a new group of GM's to have some fun and learn how to become a good GM
- I also might have a friend who will join in, and he asked me today, so he's on the list as well. first come, first serve.
« Last Edit: <05-24-11/1607:34> by Sliver »
"Those who restrain their desires do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."

Gnomercy

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <05-23-11/2257:44> »
Are you hoping to do this via chat program (Google, AIM, etc) or voice (Skype, Ventrillo, etc)?

Sliver

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-24-11/0717:32> »
Voice, a Mic is required for this. I figured there was a program that we could use for rolls instead of the trust system.
"Those who restrain their desires do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."

Triggvi

• Omae
  • It is all fun and games until the rum runs out
« Reply #3 on: <05-24-11/0733:38> »
maptools works well for rolls and everyone can see the roll. I would be up for playing.
Speaking  Com  Thinking

Goodwin

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <05-24-11/1004:20> »
Hey there,

I'd be most interested in an online game.  I'd have to check a few things to ensure I'd be good for Sundays, but other then that I should be good!  I'm pretty unexperienced though.  My group just got interested in Shadowrun and I have to be GMing, so while I'm not quite through the entire rulebook yet, I should be within the next few days.  Actually playing in a game would be awesome to give perspectives on the setting and how other GMs run!

If you're looking for a more experienced player though, I'd certainly move out tha' way.

Firewind127

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <05-24-11/1108:36> »
I can play whatever is needed to fill in the group, though I tend to lean towards the spellcasting types.  I have MapTools installed, as well as Skype (for the voice), and should easily be free for meets.  My only downside is I do not know the world very well and am a novice GM, I'd have some trouble GMing though if needed I could 'try' with the help of a module.

Goodwin

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <05-31-11/0343:24> »
Howdy,

Anyone still interested in getting this going?  I'd be excited to get some experience as a player before starting to GM!

Sliver

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <05-31-11/1615:25> »
Howdy,

Anyone still interested in getting this going?  I'd be excited to get some experience as a player before starting to GM!

We can assume that everyone on the list is still interested. We need a GM, though.

Kinda necessary

Ghost_inthe_machine

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <06-05-11/1453:56> »
I'm up for it, if it's on weekends it have to be a bi weekly thing cause I work every other weekend,
I can GM or play as a player as needed, Skype and maptools is good but I'd have to scrip some macros for the dice unless one of you has already done it

Triggvi

• Omae
  • It is all fun and games until the rum runs out
« Reply #9 on: <06-05-11/1543:28> »
I have a SR4 frame work for maptools
Speaking  Com  Thinking

Adeptus Technicanus

« Reply #10 on: <06-09-11/2316:48> »
I'm game for some weekend game.

decoi

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <06-11-11/0202:54> »
Count me in if you need 1 more. You might look into using www.infrno.net as a venue to do online gaming

Ghost_inthe_machine

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <06-12-11/1333:53> »
good seems like we have a ton of willing players,
PM with your skype (don't really want to put it out on a board where spam bots can pick it up)
and we'll do a group call talk about the character gen and when people are availble

JimJungle

• Chummer
  • I Keep My Ham Sliding...
« Reply #13 on: <06-27-11/0151:12> »
Count me in if you need 1 more. You might look into using www.infrno.net as a venue to do online gaming

I just checked out that site and signed up. Awesome!