NEWS

Can Dragons Get Cyberware?

• 48 Replies

JimJungle

• Chummer
  • I Keep My Ham Sliding...
« on: <07-30-11/0505:36> »
Are they allowed to lose essence? Or does that mess them up? I was wondering where the Cyber Dragons were at. Can you imagine a Great Dragon with Deltaware? Beautiful. Great Dragon with Grapple Hands...

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <07-30-11/0510:38> »
If I recall there's one with a datajack (Celedyr?), so it can be done.  But I'd doubt they can make cyber that can handle the shape change to metahuman form (except the aforementioned datajack).  Imagine dragon sized wired reflexes that have to be accomodated into a metahuman body.

Also I don't think there's much interest, given that all dragons are awakened, and getting too much cyber screws up your awakened potential.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

JimJungle

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <07-30-11/0646:53> »
Well then how about a Cyber Zombie Dragon?

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #3 on: <07-30-11/0957:55> »
Eilohan was the dragon with the datajack, he posted under Cerberus on Shadowland. He's been in a coma since the crash. Also iirc the datajack made him go mumble mumble.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #4 on: <07-30-11/1052:42> »
Oh, you can go ahead and say it.  Eliohann was frelling psycho because of that datajack.

Oh, and to answer the OP: I reckon they can get certain pieces of cyber, but off all the creatures on God's green earth, they're the ones most closely tied to magic, IMO, and the notion of cyber for dragons just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Even a little bit of cyber can throw off the balance of a magical creature's existence.

I mean, hell, if a simple datajack drives a dragon insane...and it did...can you imagine what some of the truly invasive stuff would do?

Yeah, you can do it...but why?!
« Last Edit: <07-30-11/1058:01> by Patrick Goodman »
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #5 on: <07-30-11/1058:11> »
Eilohan was the dragon with the datajack, he posted under Cerberus on Shadowland. He's been in a coma since the crash. Also iirc the datajack made him go mumble mumble.
Coma hell.  He's gone!  Body's working, no brain activity.  No aura even, IIRC.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <07-30-11/1720:56> »
Coma hell.  He's gone!  Body's working, no brain activity.  No aura even, IIRC.

Unless his minds just elsewhere~

In all seriousness though, are we -sure- he isn't astrally projecting/his body has gone into the state dragons used to survive the 5th world?

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #7 on: <07-30-11/1859:05> »
Now I'm curious, has anything less sapient than a human gotten Cyberware? Like the pet of a particularly rich bastard. Or Lab animal test subjects back when it was new technology?
« Last Edit: <07-30-11/1901:35> by Red Canti »
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <07-30-11/1902:10> »
Yes, there are various rules for animal cyberware, Running Wild has some of the latest iterations.

"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #9 on: <07-30-11/1904:34> »
Now I'm curious, has anything less sapient than a human gotten Cyberware? Like the pet of a particularly rich bastard. Or Lab animal test subjects back when it was new technology?
Cybercurs (Cybernetically enhanced dogs) with slot you up!!!

IIRC, Hatchetman had an issue with them.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <07-30-11/1906:07> »
Theres a few Cyber animals in running wild but every few pieces drives them more insane

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #11 on: <07-30-11/1911:46> »
Which is an advantage from certain points of view...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #12 on: <07-30-11/1912:08> »

*Headdesk*

I want to make stats for the K-9000 now...

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Trenchknife

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <07-31-11/1445:47> »
"Here at Mitsuhama we put the tin in Rin Tin Tin."
It's not the man with the gun that gets you.  It's the three bullets he fired that tore through you vital organs that's killed you.

JimJungle

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <08-01-11/0010:16> »
OK, what about Dragon that was born after Crash 2.0 that grew up to be a Technomancer? Is that possible? On a related note, how long does it take for Dragons to mature?

How about a Drone thats the size and shape of a Great? That would be an army stopper right there. And who would win in a fight, a Drone Dragon or the real thing? The Drone doesnt have Magic, but you could pack alot of hardware into that thing.

I'm curious, like a cat. That's why my friends call me Whiskers.