NEWS

Run Faster Errata

• 288 Replies

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #45 on: <01-22-15/0237:05> »
pg. 142 of Run Faster has this to say about Strain I infected:

She begins her new life with an Essence of 1 and a maximum Magic of 1 + initiate grade (see Infection, Magic, Resonance, and Essence, p. 141). Her minimum starting Magic, if she was not already Awakened, is 1.

However, Patrick had this to say about what it should have said:

Okay, that didn't work out quite the way I'd planned....

For infected it says that this occurs at step 4 of character creation.  This is after Magic is chosen, so does that mean that if I took Priority A for magic, and then took the Vampire quality - my magic and essence would go down to 1 each at the beginning of play? Or do I keep the 6 in each assuming that they have fed at some point before play starts.
When you're building a Strain I Infected character from scratch, you start with (starting Essence) - 1 and (starting Magic) - 1, with a minimum Magic of 1; you're assumed to have been Infected for a little while, though you're still a basic newbie and a little hungry. You can get that Magic point back using the rules on page 141; it's not really lost, just blocked off.

If your character isn't Awakened, your Magic is set at 1. I didn't make this as clear as I should have on page 141, and I'm sorry (though it is mentioned in the disease description for HMHVV Strain I on page 142; I should have at least pointed you there on page 141).

Strain II and III Infected start with their Essence and Magic at one less than when they started, per the rules on page 141. If they don't start out Awakened, then their Magic is also set at 1.

Assuming Patrick is correct (and he wrote it so...) it looks like the line on page 142 that I quoted needs to be edited to reflect the actual starting values for essence and magic for Strain I infected.

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #46 on: <02-02-15/0105:36> »
Meta Variants of Dwarves and Trolls (and maybe Meta Sapients) don't have a tax on lifestyle, like Dwarves and Trolls in the core book do. Possibly an oversight.

ikarinokami

• Chummer
« Reply #47 on: <02-06-15/1202:58> »
Meta Variants of Dwarves and Trolls (and maybe Meta Sapients) don't have a tax on lifestyle, like Dwarves and Trolls in the core book do. Possibly an oversight.

does that really need to be written? troll and dwarve metavariants are still trolls and dwarves.

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #48 on: <02-06-15/1210:51> »

does that really need to be written? troll and dwarven metavariants are still trolls and dwarves.

((But in some cases they mention stuff that metavariants inherit from the base metatype and in some cases they don't.  That lack of consistency is the reason the question needs to be asked.))

Sir_Prometheus

• Omae
« Reply #49 on: <02-09-15/1743:47> »
Maybe someone has already mentioned it, but can we get clarification about whether Shapeshifters have regeneration (or can/have to buy it like new infected), vulnerability/allergy to silver, or are dual natured?  None of those things are mentioned at all, not even the lack of them, and I would figure they really have to be dual natured (which is neither really an advantage nor a disadvantage, it's just a thing). 

Ogrepot

• Newb
« Reply #50 on: <02-10-15/1600:02> »
In Run Faster, there is a question in the NAN life modules... Other than the fact that i don't see people in the Pueblo Councilpracticing Archery; there is no spoken language for the Denver and Salt Lake City backgrounds. And also, it is kinda strange that the UCAS and CAS get exactly the same bonuses from Denver and the guys from NAN get a smaller one, especially they don't get to know their city...

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #51 on: <02-11-15/0035:56> »
In Run Faster, there is a question in the NAN life modules... Other than the fact that i don't see people in the Pueblo Councilpracticing Archery; there is no spoken language for the Denver and Salt Lake City backgrounds. And also, it is kinda strange that the UCAS and CAS get exactly the same bonuses from Denver and the guys from NAN get a smaller one, especially they don't get to know their city...

Technically speaking, the NAN doesn't have a presence in Denver as the NAN.  Instead, the presence is the Pueblo Corporate Council, which is already covered, and the Sioux Nation, which is also covered.  If you need to add an area knowledge, just change Knowledge: NAN to Knowledge: Denver.

Note that I'm not suggesting this shouldn't be addressed as errata.  I'm simply pointing out a very easy workaround until an errata document is released.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Max Mustermann

• Newb
« Reply #52 on: <02-12-15/1401:14> »
Hi to all,

The Point (Karma) Buy system on pg. 64 needs some clarifications. 

• The previous edition allowed for free knowledge skills based on logic and intuition even for karma character creation.  5th edition does not address this as far as I can tell so some clarification is in order.  Does the point buy system get free knowledge skills based on stats as in 4th edition or do they have to be paid for strictly from karma.
  • In the previous edition contacts were bought out of karma using the karma buy system though in the 4th edition priority system free contact points were received from part of resources.  In 5th edition free contact points are received based on the charisma score when using the priority system.  When using point buy it does say to refer pg. 98 to buy attributes, skills, qualities and contacts so does that mean that point buy also gets the free contact points from charisma?
  • Also would like clarification that qualities do not cost double karma as stated in the character advancement section of the core book (pg. 103.)  I do not think this is the intent but it does say on pg 64 to use the character advancement rules from pg. 103.

Is there any answers to the questions above?
Is there any official download or website where can i find the official errata?

Best regards Max

ps: I apologise for my really bad english, due to i'm not a native speaker
Please remeber, i'm not a native, due to this my english will be ... not really good ;-)

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #53 on: <02-12-15/1422:16> »
((No errata for Run Faster yet.))

Jackal

• Newb
  • JackPoint VPN Admin
« Reply #54 on: <02-28-15/1536:26> »
((No errata for Run Faster yet.))

Yeah, I'm under the impression that Catalyst has way too much for too few people to do (I can relate to this all too well). Hoping that they're not still trying to recover from the scandal 4 years ago. Despite issues with the rules this has turned out to be by favorite edition yet, just wish they could get the FAQ put together and up on the website sometime soon.
Dumpshock IRC Server

"This Snow Crash thing—is it a virus, a drug, or a religion?"
"What's the difference?"

"Jack the sound barrier. Bring the noise."

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #55 on: <02-28-15/1752:29> »
Also keep in mind that unless it's an obvious misprint, errata changes need to be playtested before they can be released.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Imveros

• Ace Runner
« Reply #56 on: <02-28-15/1924:23> »
i assume we will get an errata/faq before it goes live for conventions at the start if next month. No proof for that, but it makes sense in my head :)
No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"normal speech" thought "Matrix"   whisper "Subvocal" "Foreign Language"

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #57 on: <03-01-15/1129:29> »
Question: Should there be a listing of which new qualities add or subtract to your Notoriety? Or is there one and I just missed it.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #58 on: <03-01-15/1148:33> »
Question: Should there be a listing of which new qualities add or subtract to your Notoriety? Or is there one and I just missed it.

Page 368 of the core book, but it doesn't include any qualities from Run Faster.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #59 on: <03-01-15/1157:06> »

Page 368 of the core book, but it doesn't include any qualities from Run Faster.
Yep, as I suspected.