NEWS

Reconfigure Matrix Attribute / Technomancers

• 6 Replies

Smogg

• Newb
« on: <11-13-22/0956:03> »
In 6e, reconfigure was changed to become it's own matrix action. (instead of in 5e a cyberdeck rule)

Consider:

- In the FAQ it clarified that Technomancers can use all matrix actions.
- Reconfigure Matrix Attribute allows you to swap your swap base ratings of two non-zero attributes of your Matrix Persona.
- Technomancers have base ratings for their Persona attributes as well. These are the values generated from their mental attributes.
- -  Like, "A single attribute cannot be raised by more than 50 percent of its base rating" p189

It would be great with an official answer from CGL on if Technomancers can indeed use Reconfigure to swap base ratings or if they can only use it to allocate their Resonance.

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <11-21-22/0848:06> »
TMs use the reconfigure action to change their Resonance allocation. It is addressed in the official FAQ.
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Smogg

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <11-21-22/0920:31> »
Yes, I am already aware that TMs can use Reconfigure to allocate their resonance bonus. It is added to the base ratings of their Persona...
...just like it seems TMs can use Reconfigure to swap the base rating of their persona. (which the thing I ask if CGL could answer)
« Last Edit: <11-21-22/1051:42> by Smogg »

Banshee

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <11-21-22/1841:00> »
Yes, I am already aware that TMs can use Reconfigure to allocate their resonance bonus. It is added to the base ratings of their Persona...
...just like it seems TMs can use Reconfigure to swap the base rating of their persona. (which the thing I ask if CGL could answer)

And that is what I answered as a CGL representative... TMs use Reconfigure to change thier allocation and ONLY thier allocation
Robert "Banshee" Volbrecht
Freelancer & FAQ Committee member
Former RPG Lead Agent
Catalyst Demo Team

Smogg

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <11-24-22/1153:04> »
Consider to include it in the eratta or faq since the "only" part is in fact not in the rules or the faq. Please.

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <11-24-22/1709:00> »
In this edition you are free (and even encouraged) to use your common sense.

Smogg

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <11-24-22/1742:47> »
Well, excuse me