NEWS

Street Grimoire Errata

• 179 Replies

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #90 on: <10-01-14/2015:50> »
Based on every single bit of fluff text about mana warps, I'd assume the writers are competent enough not to mess up the fix.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #91 on: <10-01-14/2022:26> »
Based on every single bit of fluff text about mana warps, I'd assume the writers are competent enough not to mess up the fix.

And based on the dozens of glaring errors surrounding the books (Street Grimoire in particular), I'm going to assume that everyone can make mistakes. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #92 on: <10-09-14/2246:47> »
Comparing the stats for "pure" spirits (CRB p. 303 & 304) and their Toxic kindred (SG p. 87 & 88) for the first four (air through fire) the statistics are identical but plague and sludge spirits deviates from their pure kin.

So shouldn't the following be true:

Plague (SG p. 88) B: F+1 A: F+2
Sludge (SG p. 88) B: F

Also if spirit initiative is calculated the same way as characters then I assume the following would be true
Nuclear (SG p. 88) Phys Init: (fx2)+4+2d6 Astral Init: ((f+1)x2)+3d6
Plague (SG p. 88) Phys Init: (fx2)+3+2d6 Astral Init: ((f+1)x2)+3d6
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #93 on: <10-10-14/0602:23> »
The differences for multiple Spirit types seem to suggest that Initiative and Astral Initiative often can contain a hidden modifier for Spirits. It's just the way it is.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Bruce

• Newb
« Reply #94 on: <10-10-14/1700:44> »
I couldn't find any listing for what Attributes are used for resisting Drain for the various Traditions presented in Street Grimoire, and it doesn't seem to be in the errata either.  Since I have Street Magic, I'm using those listings, but the info might be handy for folks who don't have the 4th edition supplement.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #95 on: <10-10-14/1702:01> »
((Each Tradition statblock contains their 5 spirits and their drain stats, then preferred spells & adept powers.))

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #96 on: <10-13-14/1729:08> »
Sorry for the Necro/Shedim-ing this tread. I was wondering, does the power point cost reduction from gaining a way retro-active? I don't think it is, but otherwise I have a hard time swallowing the karma cost after character generation. Especially after I have already maxed out improved reaction and taken several of the other powers in the way I am most interested in (Warrior's Way).
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #97 on: <10-13-14/1743:20> »
((That probably shouldn't be an errata note, since errata are "here's a mistake". But I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do so retroactively, freeing up some PP.))

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #98 on: <10-13-14/2239:36> »
Sorry, was not sure really were to post the question, but thanks though.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #99 on: <10-23-14/1644:11> »
I didn't see a correction in the Street Grimoire errata, so I figured I would check here to see if anyone else noticed this and has subsequently asked:

The Sidebar "Quick Answers to Questions on Preparations" on p. 210, Third Bulllet
* Only one preparation can be activated per Combat Turn, using a Simple Action.

Is that supposed to say Initiative Pass? One per CT makes preparations even less of a viable option than they already are... I understand there are already a few things in that sidebar that are being disputed (e.g. the suggestion that a manifesting mage cannot activate a Command preparation) so I wanted to see if it was possible this was also in error.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #100 on: <10-23-14/1702:47> »
While this is not a text issue, my PDF version of Street Grimoire has the "Abomination" spirit type stat block partially clipping into the page margins. I don't have a physical copy of the book, and I don't know if anyone else has it, but it's something that should probably be fixed in a revised PDF. It's located on page 87 of Street Grimoire.

welldressedgent

• Chummer
« Reply #101 on: <12-25-14/1338:15> »

I think SG p119 probably meant Turn to Goo to be resisted by body + strength (+counterspelling) and not body (+counterspelling).

-g
wdg

ikarinokami

• Chummer
« Reply #102 on: <02-28-15/1303:21> »

I think SG p119 probably meant Turn to Goo to be resisted by body + strength (+counterspelling) and not body (+counterspelling).

-g

I think meant just body. I think is reflected in The crazy drain code the spell was errata-ed to.
« Last Edit: <03-01-15/1321:37> by ikarinokami »

Lucean

• Ace Runner
« Reply #103 on: <03-02-15/0400:34> »
Drain shouldn't be a factor for resistance to spells. They implemented the two-attribute-tests with few exceptions across the board. There's no need for Turn to Goo needing to stick out.

Retosa

• Newb
« Reply #104 on: <04-25-15/0514:37> »
I'm going to compile a list of the Adept Powers that are listed under the Ways as potential discount powers, but are listed as 0.25 PP.  Or don't exist and weren't noted.  As these should probably be replaced with other powers, or at least noted in the errata.  This is including Great Leap being turned into Light Body (which isn't discountable anyways).

The Artisan's Way:
Heightened Concentration (Does not exist)

The Artist's Way:
Nimble Fingers (0.25 PP)

The Athlete's Way:
Light Body (0.25 PP)

The Beast's Way:
Animal Empathy (0.25 PP)

The Invisible Way:
Light Body (0.25 PP)
There is an entry here for "Hands", which I am assuming is Killing Hands.

The Speaker's Way:
No issues

The Spiritual Way:
No issues

The Warrior's Way:
No issues

Hopefully there is another updated errata that takes care of this and other issues.