ArkangelWinter

• Omae
  • A thing need not exist to be real
« Reply #15 on: <10-31-12/2248:48> »
I'm just happy for it to be anyone but George Lucas. Or Ang Lee

TheWanderingJewels

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <11-12-12/0913:24> »
so you wane....Uwe Boll to direct, then?
Tech dreams of organic toys
And I'm runnin' out on the edge
Soft screams of the rockerboys
Echoing through my head

--Miracle Of Sound, City Of Night

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <11-12-12/1009:30> »
Seriously, I cringed when I heard about Disney buying Lucasfilm.  I had an immediate flash of Disney insisting on bringing in Dean Jones, Annette Funicello and Don Knotts to head up the movie cast. I cringed even more at the thought of Hans Zimmer being allowed to mangle the various SW musical themes.

There were reasons why J.R.R. Tolkien, in his will, stipulated that if movies were made of his works Disney was to have NO part of the making.

Vale

• Newb
  • Living life one nuyen at a time.
« Reply #18 on: <11-12-12/1449:39> »
Disney's had a good track record recently with their movies, mostly given the fact that there's not a lot of the 'traditional Disney' style involved. They have allowed the movies to grow in their own direction without holding it to many of the company's tropes. Personally, I'm quite interested to see in what direction they go with it. That's not to say that I don't have my reservations about the situation, but I'm willing to give them a chance.

As a side note, is anyone else happy that Leia is now a Disney Princess?

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #19 on: <11-12-12/1532:56> »
i am so not linking that video with the "hipster disney princesses" and leia.

just NO.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <11-12-12/1740:42> »
Grand Admiral Thrawn.

There, I said it.

Ya, those books aren't the best, but I sure had fun reading them!
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

DWC

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <11-12-12/2044:28> »
I'd argue that as Star Wars stuff goes, Timothy Zahn's trilogy is probably the best that's ever been written.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #22 on: <11-12-12/2207:07> »
"But…  It was so artistically done."
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <11-13-12/0415:55> »
Seriously, I cringed when I heard about Disney buying Lucasfilm.  I had an immediate flash of Disney insisting on bringing in Dean Jones, Annette Funicello and Don Knotts to head up the movie cast. I cringed even more at the thought of Hans Zimmer being allowed to mangle the various SW musical themes.

There were reasons why J.R.R. Tolkien, in his will, stipulated that if movies were made of his works Disney was to have NO part of the making.

Selective strikethrough? Not my doing.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #24 on: <11-13-12/0418:40> »
Really?  Someone edited your post? Bizarre!

Maybe an accident with strikethrough?
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #25 on: <11-13-12/0540:37> »
Last word I read was they were in talks with the original cast (Ford, Hammil, Fisher). So if looking for a book that matches the scripts, look for something 30+ years after Jedi... Possibly with the death of Han Solo in it (it seems that is a stipulation of Ford ATM if the rumor mill is true)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #26 on: <11-13-12/0857:16> »
By the way, read this article the other day (Star Wars: The Machete Order) and I plan on watching them in this order going forward.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <11-13-12/0924:34> »
By the way, read this article the other day (Star Wars: The Machete Order) and I plan on watching them in this order going forward.

That article is the basis for my decision to watch in the IV-V-II-III-VI order.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #28 on: <11-13-12/1040:15> »
I noticed that no where on that list was ep. 1 was listed...

Which is a good thing. As far as I am concerned, that movie was 9 hours of my life wasted! 9 hours that would have been better served smashing my face into the pavement repeatedly while someone poured battery acid on the soles of my feet.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #29 on: <11-13-12/1253:10> »
I noticed that no where on that list was ep. 1 was listed...

Which is a good thing. As far as I am concerned, that movie was 9 hours of my life wasted! 9 hours that would have been better served smashing my face into the pavement repeatedly while someone poured battery acid on the soles of my feet.
They do discuss it as a standalone movie. Adding to the others the same way that the Clone Wars movie and cartoons, and other books and shows add to the "Expanded Universe".