• 626 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #255 on: <10-31-13/1946:49> »
Just noticed your post in the other topic, Sichr, yer slow. :P
Quote from: Michael Chandra, June 1
I got a theory on why they're targeting street docs. The Sybil virus preys on genetech/nanotech people, those who got engineered enough that weaknesses appeared, cracks for them to exploit. So clearly anyone with that is a risk factor and you want to know exactly who you need to keep an eye on, as well as make sure all enhancements are done by instances you can control. Street docs? You can't control those, and you don't know who they treated. So the only way to keep in control and prevent another Chicago is getting rid of the uncontrollable factors.

I dindn`t get this?
I already talked about that link 4 months ago over at SRU. ^_^
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #256 on: <10-31-13/2153:42> »
How long before an enterprising and twisted TM devotes some time to creating a new submerged ability that might let them basically run Puppeteer through an infected/hacked persona.

Imagine your decker not just going into convulsions when slammed with this, but suddenly pulling a pistol and starting to shoot those around them all the while with a goofy grin on their face?

That virus "exists" in a non-canon capacity. I meant to include it in an adventure, but I seem to have forgotten and didn't notice until it was too late to change it. The stats are on my tumblr and have been posted here somewhere.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #257 on: <10-31-13/2213:28> »
How long before an enterprising and twisted TM devotes some time to creating a new submerged ability that might let them basically run Puppeteer through an infected/hacked persona.

Imagine your decker not just going into convulsions when slammed with this, but suddenly pulling a pistol and starting to shoot those around them all the while with a goofy grin on their face?

That virus "exists" in a non-canon capacity. I meant to include it in an adventure, but I seem to have forgotten and didn't notice until it was too late to change it. The stats are on my tumblr and have been posted here somewhere.

And it is freaking evil in the best possible way.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

DamienHollow

« Reply #258 on: <11-03-13/2201:27> »
Crazy new idea guys... Anyone here have Corporate Guide? Start on page 109 and read the entire MCT splash. What if this is the "Rose Garden?" These guys like to play dirty with technomancers, right? What if it backfired?

martinchaen

« Reply #259 on: <11-03-13/2203:29> »
That was mention earlier in this thread, DamienHollow.

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=11017.msg204256#msg204256

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #260 on: <11-04-13/1137:37> »
the question is...what happens to persona when technomancer dies? :)

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #261 on: <11-04-13/1203:41> »

99.99999995% of the time, it goes poof.

the other times..... well, lets just say..... "who you gonna call?"
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #262 on: <11-04-13/1524:09> »

And is this also valid for those trapped in Rose Gardens?

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #263 on: <11-04-13/1711:48> »

And is this also valid for those trapped in Rose Gardens?

Well...if a brain in a jar has .01 essence, they're probably not going to have enough resonance to be considered TMs anymore.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #264 on: <11-04-13/1717:17> »
Except that the wonderful folks at MCT developed some cyberware that forced TM jarheads to retain their resonance abilities, at the cost of going irretrievably insane.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #265 on: <11-04-13/2001:11> »
Also remember essence loss only happens when you "replace" the meat. Not just losing the meat.
so the essence loss for being a brain in a jar may not be as high as you think....

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #266 on: <11-04-13/2012:56> »
Also remember essence loss only happens when you "replace" the meat. Not just losing the meat.
so the essence loss for being a brain in a jar may not be as high as you think....

Except for the following:

Quote from: Augmentation Page 163
At the end of the surgery, the cyborg is le with an Essence of 0.1.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #267 on: <11-05-13/0359:17> »

Except for the following:

Quote from: Augmentation Page 163
At the end of the surgery, the cyborg is le with an Essence of 0.1.

but its not a cyborg yet. Its just a brain in a jar.... no connections for the control of a drone body have been installed. Its just hanging out in a neutrate bath....

I imagine there is some essence loss. But not to the point of being 0.01 essence left as that would destroy the resonance of the brain, rendering the entire point of the process mute.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #268 on: <11-05-13/0621:03> »
Reaver, putting the brain in the jar makes them a cyborg. Whether they're inserted into a drone, or just left someplace to soak in the nutrient solution, they're a cyborg. That is what a cyborg is, a brain in a jar, which sometimes gets put into other things.

And yes, under normal circumstances dropping to .01 Essence would destroy your resonance abilities. But see my earlier comment about how MCT discovered some cyberware that makes that not happen. Or just read Corporate Intrigue. It'll be in the chapter where they rescue Puck.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Malathis

• Chummer
« Reply #269 on: <11-05-13/1003:17> »
To be a cyborg there would need to be some sort of headware attached to the brain to have an interface, a TM in a jar wouldn't need this headware changing how much essence that would be lost, however minimal.