NEWS

The Fruitcake

• 64 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #15 on: <04-03-12/0717:05> »
Before it could be administered (assuming it would have been) the vaccine was destroyed by Humanis in The Forever Drug.

Sourcebook or novel?
And srsly...Humanis destroying all copies of the formula, like those in Dunki/Dacon Foundation vault. Irreversibly? Like...it can never be mixed again? Seems strange...
It would be nice to ask some of our fellow technomancers to  get it from Library...

Hmm. A technomancer definitely could go into the Archives and find a copy of the vaccine.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

shrike

• Chummer
  • The rep is dead. Long live the rep.
« Reply #16 on: <04-03-12/0844:32> »
That is assuming that the formula was ever on the matrix to begin with.
Imar heron. Imar raen. Imar semeraerth. Imar milessaratish. Miriat tela li? Thiesat tekio tore li?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <04-03-12/0859:41> »
Anything that was ever on any computer is in the Endless Archive. Though it is possible to delete information from the Archive with a Resonance Realms quest, it is not something most people could do.

My Characters

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #18 on: <04-03-12/0907:56> »
I can hardly imagine that worldwide spread formula was sent on some kind of scroll...and since it was adressed to "[all] governments and corporations worldwide" I can barely believe that Humanis was powerfull enought to suceed...IE in countries like Amazonia, in Cape town, which is world biotech hotzone...etc. But I can see that authors are able to create this kind of crazy ideas from time to time...But better to get my hands on it and read it, before I question such thing (as it seems it is a canon)

shrike

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <04-03-12/0910:22> »
Absolutely, I agree, I am just saying there is an in universe reason that supports it being gone. I'm not sure if that is the case Mirikon, because IIRC, there is a statement about sprites doing a search for information lost or irretrievable in the matrix, but only in exchange for data that has never appeared on the matrix.

Edit: sidebar in Unwired page 173 titled Resonance Realm : Endless Archive, last sentence.
« Last Edit: <04-03-12/0915:20> by shrike »
Imar heron. Imar raen. Imar semeraerth. Imar milessaratish. Miriat tela li? Thiesat tekio tore li?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <04-03-12/0938:13> »
Yes, but there is plenty of information that has never appeared on the Matrix, because it has never been transcribed to a computer. Ehran the Scribe's true biography, for instance.

My Characters

CitizenJoe

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <04-03-12/1132:56> »
Before it could be administered (assuming it would have been) the vaccine was destroyed by Humanis in The Forever Drug.

Sourcebook or novel?
And srsly...Humanis destroying all copies of the formula, like those in Dunki/Dacon Foundation vault. Irreversibly? Like...it can never be mixed again? Seems strange...
It would be nice to ask some of our fellow technomancers to  get it from Library...
What if a back up copy of the vaccine was stored inside the fruitcake since fruitcakes are very preservative?

shrike

• Chummer
« Reply #22 on: <04-03-12/1203:01> »
*face palm*

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #23 on: <04-03-12/1739:46> »
Sourcebook or novel?
What if a back up copy of the vaccine was stored inside the fruitcake since fruitcakes are very preservative?
That would be...  That would...

Considering even Dragons won't eat a fruitcake, you could hide a datachip inside and...

Damn.  Exactly the sort of slight of claw Dunkie would do, too!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <04-03-12/1812:59> »
I can hardly imagine that worldwide spread formula was sent on some kind of scroll...and since it was adressed to "[all] governments and corporations worldwide" I can barely believe that Humanis was powerfull enought to suceed...IE in countries like Amazonia, in Cape town, which is world biotech hotzone...etc. But I can see that authors are able to create this kind of crazy ideas from time to time...But better to get my hands on it and read it, before I question such thing (as it seems it is a canon)
As I recall, it was destroyed before it was distributed.

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #25 on: <04-03-12/2320:19> »
joe That is absolutely brilliant
May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #26 on: <04-03-12/2333:52> »
It is, unfortunately it will probably never be found.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #27 on: <04-08-12/2200:00> »
Yeah... Here's the thing... SOMEONE had to produce all of that vaccine. Uncle Dunkie didn't make every drop himself. Which means a corp had to make it, or a secret lab somewhere. And secret labs still use computers. The formula has to be on a chip somewhere. Even if Dunkie spoke the magic formula out loud, someone would be there to write it down. Chemicals like that are complex. I would suspect that somewhere out there is a computer model of the molecular structure, the base components, and some sort of lab testing results. Dunkie wouldn't release all of that unless he was sure it would work.

Basically, it comes down to this. Humanis destroyed the shipment? *blink* Ok, well, let's make some more. And guard it better, this time.
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <04-08-12/2222:54> »
We have no knowledge whether the vaccine was ever actually produced. The will only speaks of the formula.

My Characters

Lacynth40

• Omae
  • Savaging the average.
« Reply #29 on: <04-08-12/2228:28> »
So, what shipment did the Humanis goons destroy? They were going to snail mail the formula?  ???
"Remember, you can't have manslaughter without laughter."

"If violence begat violence, in every case, every human on the planet would instantly devolve into gibbering murderers in a day."