NEWS

[IC] Prelude: Arachne

• 85 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« on: <09-21-16/1701:45> »
The room is dark except for the amber display from your computer, the ambience from the trideo and the atrium light where Sheldon is feasting on the crickets you just released into his cage.  So basically as bright as it ever is.  The information is coming so fast it's almost too much to handle.

>>>Creepy Critters if the Sixth World will be back after these messages. <<<

>>>Anyone tried that new canned ork beer that's supposed to taste like Hurrlgh?<<<
>>>--/--/-- Blutz<<<

>>>Why would you want to?<<<
>>>--/--/-- Pepele...<<<

-----------------------------

]>>>You see those murders at the pier?<<<
>>>--/-- Creeper<<<

>>IKR Chilling!<<<
>>>--/-- NEOsama<<<

>>>I heard that even though they guy was torn to pieces there was almost no blood.  What's that called again ex-serenaded?<<<
>>>---/--- Chromeboy<<<

.>>>No you idiot, they didn't sing him to death<<<
>>>---/-- IronBard<<<

----------------------------------------

>>>i hate you haiku
you are very hard to do
go back to japan<<<[
>>>--/-- Anon<<<

Your com pings with a message from Gunderson   >>>Get to the Organ Grinders Vicki's got some unwanted guests, get rid of them<<<.  Part of the deal with Gunderson is that you can't turn down his jobs.  It isn't until you get there that you realize he didn't even tell you hom much he was paying.
« Last Edit: <09-21-16/1725:17> by Stuttrboy »
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <09-21-16/1750:59> »
I switch to VR and boot up Huey, Dewey, and Louie and check out the the inside of the Organ Grinders while composing a message to Gunderson.

I'm here, getting some intel before I head in.  How much is this job paying?  Ammo ain't cheap ya know.

Once inside I attempt to discern the number of intruders and get an idea of where they are in relation to Vicki.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-21-16/1811:28> »
I will consider the interest on your loan paid for the month.  Now get to it.  It's called a panic button for a reason.

There are three active PANs inside you can't tell much else..
« Last Edit: <09-21-16/2144:53> by Stuttrboy »
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-21-16/2312:47> »
I burst in gun drawn Freeze scumbags, I yell.  man I've always wanted to say that.

[spoiler]Increased reflexes force 5: 10d6t5 3
edge reroll: 7d6t5 3
drain 5: 10d6t5 1
edge reroll: 9d6t5 3
I'm at +4 reaction +3d6 reflexes
I had 4 successes on a force 5 spell that had 6 successes is my drain still 5P or is it 6P because of the extra success?

Initiative initiative: 4d6+10 21[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-21-16/2315:42> by Ennui »

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-22-16/0835:17> »
There are indeed three people here standing at the far end of the morgue proper.  Two thugs in gang colors you don't recognize turn to look at you confused and a young fresh faced girl who couldn't be more than 19 ducks behind a wood paneled cashiers station.  The two thugs see you pointing a gun at them and dive for cover reaching for their guns.  One yells back at the girl You set us up you fucking bitch, you're dead.

You get first action.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-22-16/0957:42> »
Wrong move assholes.
I take aim and fire a burst first two shots on the speaker and last shot on the other guy.

[spoiler]burst fire bullet 1: 10d6t5 4
burst fire bullet 2: 10d6t5 2
burst fire bullet 3 2nd target: 10d6t5 1
Not too impressive over all hopefully these aren't tough mooks.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-22-16/1001:12> by Ennui »

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <09-22-16/1506:55> »
Your first burst drops the ganger who spoke as they dive for cover.  Your second flies wide and the  last ganger fires widely missing you.  Your last burst connects but doesn't seem to hurt him much, but Vicki steps up behind him and takes him  out with a shot to the head.

Thanks, says Vicki.  These punks were about to start busting the place up.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <09-22-16/1651:20> »
Sure.  What did they mean by you selling them out?  You want me to call Gunderson to clean up tje mess?

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <09-22-16/1738:09> »
Vickie ponders a bit and shrugs.  Because I called for help, I suppose.  No I don't need help with that.  Who do you think he calls when he needs that done.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <09-22-16/2009:12> »
Who were those guys?  Anyone I should keep an eye out for?  Afterwards I do a once around to make sure no more are hanging out then call Gunderson.

I secured the place and did a sweep.  It all looks fine now.  Call me when you have some actual paying work.  I can't keep working on credit you know.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <09-22-16/2115:06> »
She shrugs.  No idea.  Seems like every month or so some new gang comes here thinking neutral means free pickings, then they learn the hard way.  Paying Gunderson for legit protection is worth every cent.

Your sweep reveals no further gangers...at least not any sporting those same colors.

Sure.  Come by the bar and grab a bite on me.  Wait a bit and something might come up.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <09-23-16/0849:33> »
I had to the next round and order something expensive since it's on Gunderson and enjoy a decent meal.  Afterwards I wait patiently playing a matrix game in AR until he has something for me...or I get bored and go home if it takes more than a few hours.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <09-23-16/1453:51> »
You shoot zombies for about ninety minutes while keeping an eye on the goings on.  During that time you see no less than half a dozen people talk to Gunderson.  Most for only a few minutes, some a bit longer.  Arachne, I've got something for you.

You join him and he continues, Seems some people have gone missing.  Mostly its been homeless people, but they are transients hard to keep track of.  Still keep getting people telling me they wouldn't just up and leave...seems there is a crash house on Wuxley ask around, investigate you find out whats making them disappear and take care of it or them and you get 2 grand and up to 500 in expenses reimbursed.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <09-23-16/1543:43> »
Goddammit Gunderson I told you not to call me that.  I hate that name.

2 g's to find some missing hobo's?  What's your angle on this.  You cant tell me they are paying you for this.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <09-23-16/1955:21> »
They aren't paying for it I am and I'm not paying you to ask questions.  Now go talk to them.