NEWS

Tangled Currents - Jeremiah

• 566 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #555 on: <02-01-17/0104:18> »
Spokane runs a computer search on the name Tanya along with the picture of her to see if he can find out more about this person.

[spoiler]matrix search on Tanya: 6d6t5 1I'll go ahead and edge that
edge reroll: 5d6t5 1 oh well, two hits.[/spoiler]

Spokane stalls a bit for time while he searches.  So Mike will vouch for you?  How much are you paying?  I could see delaying our other job if the pay is right.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #556 on: <02-01-17/0248:36> »
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2225 Stuffer Shack Seattle

Tanya laughs softly. "I doubt that Mike has a fragging clue who I am.  Tell me what you think you should be paid and I will consider it." She looks past your shoulder.  "Do you come as a group or am I just paying you to go solo?"

There are lots of Tanya's on the matrix, even after narrowing the bracket to just Seattle.  Searching pictures you do not see her, but you do find several photos of a woman with the French girl you are sitting near.  The woman's name is Tanya Marisart, and she is some sort of titled British woman who sits on a lot of charity boards and attends lots of parties.  She does not look like the woman in front of you, though.

OOC:

You have access to DS, right?  I would like to continue this as a group thread over there, if that is alright with you?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #557 on: <02-01-17/0645:46> »
Well miss I think we should be paid a million nuyen but I find my employers are hesitant to pay me what I'm worth.  He says laughing.  Look.  I'll level with you.  There's a reason fixers exist.  I don't know either of you so an offer of payment doesn't mean a thing when the client is a ghost.  Fixers vet clients and insure payment.  You could offer me one nuyen or the million nuyen and it's just words.  How do I know I can trust you, or that you will pay when the job is done?

[spoiler]OOC:  Yes I have an account on DS.[/spoiler]
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #558 on: <02-01-17/1004:25> »
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2226 Stuffer Shack Seattle

The woman looks at you for a moment, seeming to consider your words, then smiles. "A million nuyen is a pretty hefty self valuation and I am not sure that I could afford to pay that.  I could afford to pay you and whoever you bring 10000 nuyen for the night for you to split up as you like.  I am willing to put half that in your hands right now, if you like.  As for fixers, I really do not like middle men much.  Why don't you consider me your fixer and Johnson all at once in one person?  I like that you are a bit suspicious.  It makes me think I might have the right people.  I have a very strong suspicion that what we find tonight will lead to a lot more work for you, if you are interested."

She pauses then holds out a hand. "My name is Tanya Marisart.  I do rather hope that we can find a common ground.  Are you interested?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #559 on: <02-01-17/1135:06> »
Ten grand would be fine if you were who you say you are, but you don't look anything like Tanya Marisart.  Though your friend is apparently acquainted with her.  He says nodding at the french woman.  So who are you really?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #560 on: <02-02-17/0047:11> »
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2227 Stuffer Shack Seattle

The woman smiles. "You are a careful man.  It would appear that you have already looked my name up and have pictures.  It should be rather obvious why I would change my face  before coming out to a place like this to do what I am intending to do."  She shrugs.  "I am willing to give you 5000 nuyen up front and another 5000 when we finish the run.  Does it really matter who I am?" She reaches into a pocket and brings out a credstick. "If you have a 'link, I can make the transfer right now.  Go talk to your companions if you want.  I am expecting someone here at 2300."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #561 on: <02-02-17/1034:31> »
Make it 12000 and we'll take it.   Makes it easier to split three ways.  The reason it matters who you are is that when anonymous people offer payment it's hard to collect on debts.  That and I don't trust coincidences.  Now that we've accepted the job what's your interest in Grainger?

[spoiler]negotiations Pre-edged: 7d6t5 3 bah edge was useless.[/spoiler]

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #562 on: <02-03-17/0027:21> »
Wednesday 12 June 2075 2227 Stuffer Shack Seattle

The woman looks over at the others at your booth.  "I do not understand the reference to three of you.  It looks like you left four people at your table.  Tell you what,  I will make it 15 if you all come in on this.  If you agree, I will talk a bit more about Graniger Manufacturing."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #563 on: <02-03-17/0754:13> »
Sounds like we have a deal.

[spoiler]I thought it was just Steve Dog and I, who else is there?[/spoiler]

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #564 on: <02-03-17/1038:45> »
OOC:  Phil and Al are still with you, right?  If not, then the count is three.  I am OK either way.  I will get the new threads up on DS when I get home tonight.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #565 on: <02-03-17/1102:37> »
OOC:  it was just the three of us as I understood it.  We are the three going.  Though I suppose Phil and Al can come if they want.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #566 on: <02-04-17/1144:57> »
I can go with just the three of you.

I have started a combined thread on DS to continue this.