NEWS

Upgrade Comms & such

• 2 Replies

jscotshady

• Newb
« on: <01-06-13/1337:46> »
My friends and I are currently running/playing a great game but we've been going back and forth on one aspect.  When customizing a comm (or any other gear that has hardware/software options such as drones) how do the upgrades work?  If I want to upgrade the hardware do I have to pay for both response and signal or can they be upgraded independantly?  For example:

I currently have a comm with a response 3/signal 3 and I want to upgrade to Response 4 but not change my signal rating, will it cost 2000 (for the response 4) or will it cost 2150 (for the response 4/ signal 3)?

I have the same question for system/firewall.  I have discussed it with the gamemaster and we keep flipping it back and forth.  The information seems to go either way and so does the logic.  I would love to hear what some people hear think.  Thanks.

jscotshady

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <01-06-13/1342:49> »
Opps, forgot to ask a second question with this.

Can the comm modifications listed in Unwired be added to anything that has the hardware/software options, such as drones?  Meaning, can I mod a drone's hardware with the optimization mod (covering clearsight)?  The section on the mods says it can be added to "commlinks and other electronic devices".  Thanks in advance for the opinions.

DamienHollow

« Reply #2 on: <01-06-13/1946:44> »
Signal represent your wireless modem and can be upgraded separately.
Response is like your CPU, it can be upgraded and you cannot have a System higher your Response. If you do the System operates at the same level as your Response.
System is your OS, and can be as high as your Response. All other software must be equal to or lower than your System or the Software drops to the same level as your System.
These rules books can be a pain some days.