NEWS

[SR6] Sixth World Core Book Errata File

• 106 Replies

MercilessMing

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <09-25-19/1433:32> »
There's a much bigger errata list in process, the first set was merely the hotfix. So yes the plan is a new file in the future.
Is there a 300 page limit with this one?  ;D  sorry couldn't resist

gargaM0NK

• Newb
« Reply #46 on: <09-25-19/2241:23> »
Although a fairly experienced runner, I and others were left uncertain regarding how Special Attributes relate to the Attribute section on p.63, and I believe it could benefit from editing for clarity.

"Players may distribute points from the Attribute priority to increase any combination of Physical (Body, Agility, Reaction, Strength) and/or Mental (Willpower, Logic, Charisma, Intuition) attributes A, described on p. 37. ,attributes fall into three different groups: Physical, Mental, and Special. All metahuman characters have a rank in each of their Physical and Mental attributes, but some may not have ranks in the Special attributes.
Baseline a Attributes range from start at 1 and can go up to a baseline of 6. That range is modified by but may have a higher/lower maximum depending on metatype and/or chosenthe Exceptional or Impaired Attribute qualitiesy (see Qualities, p.70). The Metatype Attributes table provides the ranges of the attributes for each metatype, as well as which and the particular qualities certainthe metatypes gain as a free bonuses. Descriptions of qualities start on p. 70. If player characters ever have a Physical or Mental attribute adjusted to 0 through magic or some other effect, they collapse, as either their body or mind has lost some critical functioning. They are nonfunctional until at least 1 rank is restored in that attribute.(Move to p.37)
During character creation, only one Physical or Mental attribute may be at the maximum for the selected metatype." (inline)

Suggested revision:
"Players may distribute points from the Attribute priority to increase any combination of Physical (Body, Agility, Reaction, Strength) and/or Mental (Willpower, Logic, Charisma, Intuition) attributes, described on p. 37.
Attributes range from 1 to a baseline of 6, but may have a higher/lower maximum depending on metatype and the Exceptional or Impaired Attribute quality (see Qualities, p.70). The Metatype Attributes table provides the ranges of attributes for each metatype, as well as which qualities the metatypes receive as free bonuses.
During character creation, only one Physical or Mental attribute may be at the maximum for the selected metatype."

Orphaned text:
"If player characters ever have a Physical or Mental attribute adjusted to 0 through magic or some other effect, they collapse, as either their body or mind has lost some critical functioning. They are nonfunctional until at least 1 rank is restored in that attribute." (recommend moving to p.37, or appending to the end of Attributes)

(Including Attribute 0 text)
Word count 152 -> 146
Character count 916 -> 923

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Shiwo

• Newb
« Reply #47 on: <09-26-19/0905:57> »
Greetings,

1) The Character Sheet's Ranged Weapons table  (in the end of the book) does not contain the Medium range.

2) What are the Spirits of the Kin (Kindred Spirit) ? Found no any clear explanation in the book.
My tip is that the Spirits of the Man had been renamed. Even if I right, new players who did not read the 4th and 5th edition won't know anything about it... 

The only possible description for them maybe in the page 127, under conjuring. "Then there are spirits that adopt metahuman appearances..."  just without naming them. On an exclusive basis they may be the kindred, but unclear.
« Last Edit: <09-26-19/0908:10> by Shiwo »

MatrixWalker

• Newb
« Reply #48 on: <09-28-19/1904:48> »
Echo Question:

Living Network: Your living persona can function as the master device in a PAN.
What is a master device? (a DNI?)

Skinlink: You can connect to a device as if using a DNI simply by touching it.
Anyone care to elaborate? Does this mean a wireless device?

Really trying to figure these two items out.

CigarSmoker

• Chummer
« Reply #49 on: <09-28-19/1956:24> »
Both valid Errata candidates, i try my best for now :) :

Echo Question:
Living Network: Your living persona can function as the master device in a PAN.
What is a master device? (a DNI?)

Not direct mentioned but on page 173 "Matrix Access and Pans" its mentioned that Devices can be slaved to Commlinks and/or Decks. So a Device that has a slave is a "master device".

Skinlink was a thing i remember being mentioned in 4th Edition. You use the electromagnetic field of your skin to connect devices. So basically the Technomancer adjects his Skins electromagnetic fields to the field of the (not necesserarily wireless) Device.

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <09-28-19/2052:03> »
DNI is provided by trodes, cyberjacks, datajacks, and control rigs. With this, you can directly connect, via fiberoptic wires, to any device with a universal access port.

Skinlink allows you to replicate this by simply touching said device.

Benefits are not obvious, but includes ignoring noise and any master slave relationship, hacking the device directly (this latter part I'm not sure about for 6th). You also don't need to be wirelessly enabled to use direct connection hacking.

Catlord

• Newb
« Reply #51 on: <09-29-19/1036:39> »
“The living persona has an Initiative rank of Logic + Intuition and Initiative Dice of 1D6 plus whatever adjustments from their current Matrix mode. Use their Stun Condition Monitor in place of a Matrix Condition Monitor. Their Matrix Condition Monitor is (Logic / 2, rounded up) + 8.” (Pg 189)

If Technomancers use there stun condition monitor then why do you need the last sentence about Matrix Condition Monitor? I think the last line will need to be removed.

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <09-29-19/1324:54> »
As per
this thread
, can clarification be provided as to how Toxin Resistance Tests are made when a toxin has multiple vectors and the character making the test fits one of the following criteria:
1. Character has immunity to one vector
2. Character has resistance to one vector
3. Character has resistance to both vectors

The way the specific rule is written ("A Toxin Resistance test (Body + Willpower + the rating of any appropriate protective gear/systems) is used to reduce the damage. ") is ambiguous in how it deals with multiple vectors.

CigarSmoker

• Chummer
« Reply #53 on: <10-01-19/1107:47> »
Do multiple Jammers stack ? What about the Matrix Action "Jam Signals" does this add to an existing Jammer or does only the Device producing the higher Noise Level count ?

What is the Device Rating of a Jammer ? (generally many Device Ratings are not listed)

ZeroSum

• Omae
« Reply #54 on: <10-01-19/2216:23> »
Might be more of an FAQ thing, but it would be good if we could get clarification on the following:
Quote from: SR6 page 287, Wired Reflexes
When activated, each rating point of wired reflexes gives you +1 Reaction (and accompanying bonus to your Initiative Score), 1 additional Initiative Die, and 1 additional Minor Action.

Quote from: SR6 page 293, Synaptic Booster
The booster confers a bonus of +1 Reaction (and accompanying adjustment to Initiative Score), 1 additional Initiative Die, and 1 additional Minor Action per point of Rating.

Other initiative boosters, such as the Cram, Jazz, and Kamikaze drugs, as well as spells and adept powers such as Improved Reflexes, do not have the stipulation about additional Minor Actions being granted and only specify additional Initiative Dice.

Do Wired Reflexes and Synaptic Boosters grant both additional initiative dice, which provides Minor Actions on their own, as well as additional Minor Actions? Or is this statement a reminder that additional initiative dice grant you Minor Actions?

If the former, this would effectively mean that for each rating of either Ware you would get 2 Minor Actions per initiative dice, for a potential total of 8 Minor Actions for Rating 4 Wired Reflexes.

This would mean that a character with R4 Wired Reflexes would start each combat round with 1 Major and 10 Minor actions.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #55 on: <10-02-19/0332:41> »
In the attributes section of chargen, it mentions this:
"The Metatype Attributes table
provides the ranges of the attributes for each metatype
and the particular qualities certain metatypes
gain as a free bonus"

However, the fact the racial qualities are a bonus is not stated anywhere else, especially not in the Metatype section of chargen. Would be better to mention the quality-part there as well, so the rule isn't as hidden as it is now.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

CigarSmoker

• Chummer
« Reply #56 on: <10-02-19/0724:11> »
Its missing if Technomancers have a Device Rating. Sprites have a Device Rating equal to their level (p.192) and thats as well equal to their Resonance.

The Device Rating is needed to know if Noise shuts the Technomancer off from accessing the Matrix.

So it might be that Resonance is equal Device Rating for Technomancers. Or Noise does only decrease their Dicepools until they reach 0 and cant use Matrix Actions?

----

What kind of Actions are known to Player characters and which ones are not ?

common sense:
- failing Perception vs Stealth (players have no idea whats happened, but since they could affect the opponents roll they know "something" is not right like a 6th sense ?)
- failing Defense vs Probe Matrix Action (player has again the right to use Edge, but he does not know which Device was targeted and if it has any relation to the Run ?)
- failing Running Silent vs Matrix Perception (same explanation, it might be unrelated to the situation, but if the hacker is standing right in front of you that might be a bit hard to swallow for players ...)

any more "hidden" actions ?

« Last Edit: <10-02-19/0936:54> by CigarSmoker »

Shiwo

• Newb
« Reply #57 on: <10-03-19/1555:41> »
pg. 189 :

"Technomancers can experience AR, VR, and hot-sim with no extra gear"
"The living persona has an Initiative rank of Logic + Intuition and Initiative Dice of 1D6 plus whatever adjustments from their current Matrix mode."

In the 5th edition it was a clear statement that Technomancer can only use hot-sim VR. For me, the 6th editions statement is a bit unclear. I would say "they can use only hot-sim", because I played 5th edition. But what will the new players thinking? They may can believe the current Matrix mode can be a cold-sim mode...

pg. 191 :

Compiling a Sprite
- Is it a Major Action ? (probably yes, but not clarified)
- Is there a maximum level of the Sprite a Techomancer can compile ? I found no statement about it.

"They can only exist for (rating x 2) hour"  - you mean level x 2 ?

"Generally speaking, tasks have to happen in the same grid and host the technomancer is in." - same grid ? I though there are no more different grids ..

Registering a Sprite
"The good news is that the sprite’s Overwatch Score does not increase during this process (neither does the technomancer’s OS). "
- Why would do it? They did in the 5th edition, but the  6th edition does not mention the same. They have a limited lifetime instead.

pg. 192 :

Compiling a sprite example
"She decides to make the Fault sprite have a rating of 3, and she rolls her Tasking + Resonance dice pool of 12, getting 4 hits. The Fault sprite rolls its Rating x 2 for a total dice pool of 6, and gets 3 hits, .."   - ratings again..

"Standby: You can tell your registered sprite to return to the Resonance but come when you call it."
- For free ? Or would be a Minor action ?

Shiwo

• Newb
« Reply #58 on: <10-04-19/1456:05> »
pg. 199

"Acceleration measures the maximum meters per combat round the vehicle can safely accelerate or decelerate."
Then how much is the non-safely ? Or the vehicle is not able to accelerate faster ? If it can, driver had to roll a check ? In this case what is the maximum acceleration /braking ?

Ford Americar, Acceleration 9
Vehicle Movement Example :
"Turbo Bunny is starting a drive in her Americar...
...She hits the maximum acceleration rate of 12, so the car jumps from 16 to 28...
...She keeps up the maximum acceleration of 12, getting her up to 40 meters per combat round (about 48 kph, or 29.8 mph)."

If the Accel of the Americar is 9, how does it became 12 ?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #59 on: <10-05-19/0507:04> »
Sounds like the example was written before the stats became final. As for unsafely decelerating: sounds like they leave that up to the GM. So I'd look at the vehicle stunt rules for that, no need to spell it out in detail. Failure means a crash test, sounds pretty unsafe to me... Bang.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!