NEWS

Last Minute SR5 Books Appreciation

• 18 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #15 on: <07-16-19/1356:25> »
I rebuilt my face using them (although I created a home-brew Aztlan nationality to go with her story), and she came out pretty well.

knppel

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <07-17-19/0609:44> »
I rebuilt my face using them (although I created a home-brew Aztlan nationality to go with her story), and she came out pretty well.

I'm considering the same now that I saw a Priest-Seminary module in Lifestyle just the other day.
In general Run Faster is simply a wonderful addition. The shine in the eyes of my sister when I handed her the printed copy, and her first remark ("I want to play something super sick and infecting!") alone were worth the money. And we're even playing with it.

Am I the only mage player here or why no love for the magic books...? ;D
Seriously, I know there is no love for them, elsewise there'd not be four limited copies of FA rotting in my rp shop guy's lowest shelf

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #17 on: <07-17-19/1021:42> »

Am I the only mage player here or why no love for the magic books...? ;D
Seriously, I know there is no love for them, elsewise there'd not be four limited copies of FA rotting in my rp shop guy's lowest shelf

I think because neither Street Grimoire nor Forbidden Arcana were particularly well executed overall.  They each had important information and options, and some very cool bits, but both had a lot of issues requiring errata, house rules, etc.  They were more books that you needed than books that you appreciated, I think.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #18 on: <07-17-19/1109:51> »
I actually like the options in FA. Totem mask? Yes, please!
Admittedly some masteries were a tad OP (illusion master?)
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?