NEWS

It Must be stated

• 107 Replies

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #45 on: <09-08-10/1117:39> »
Ok, that's it. I am officially giving up and converting to the "I don't give a frag!" crowd.
Aww come on I was just about to bring up the difference between a boat and a ship! ;D
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #46 on: <09-08-10/1118:41> »
LALALALALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU FINGERS IN MY EARS WAX ON MY FINGERTIPS LALALALALALALALALALA
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

« Reply #47 on: <09-08-10/1129:21> »
It's easy to remember. You drive on a driveway and park on a parkway.

No wait. That's not right either.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #48 on: <09-08-10/1129:39> »
Welcome to the group.

Here's your revolver. :D

The_Gun_Nut

• Ace Runner
« Reply #49 on: <09-08-10/1141:05> »
My biggest gripe is the so-called "science" utilized by movies and TV.

I imagine that this is what it is like for the "real" mages and shamans in Shadowrun.  When the latest Karl Kombatmage movie comes out, they let out a collective groan.
There is no overkill.

Only "Open fire" and "I need to reload."

« Reply #50 on: <09-08-10/1317:23> »
My biggest gripe is the so-called "science" utilized by movies and TV.

I think Leverage has it perfect. I fume for a couple days and then crave the next episode, knowing full well they'll stick it to me again.

What's nice is they don't stop at science. I think they get everything wrong in one episode or another.

Jadehellbringer

• Global Moderator
  • Chummer
  • My crotch! I'm not supposed to... wait, what?
« Reply #51 on: <09-08-10/1331:58> »
Ok, that's it. I am officially giving up and converting to the "I don't give a frag!" crowd.

Au contraire! When you can't figure out the differance between a clip and a magazine, you may be better off using frag grenades anyway! ;)
Not to be demanding, but can you please point that Panther Assault Cannon somewhere other than my groin?

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #52 on: <09-08-10/1334:59> »
Do not mock the frag grenade.  You'd be amazed how many household object they can fit in.   ;D

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #53 on: <09-08-10/1354:02> »
Toss a grenade in Monky's doss and you wind up taking out the whole block.

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #54 on: <09-08-10/1401:53> »
Only the block?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #55 on: <09-08-10/1407:38> »
Depends. If you live in the Barrens, you might take it all out...

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #56 on: <09-08-10/1409:28> »
Depends. If you live in the Barrens, you might take it all out...
:D  True.

Doc Chaos

• Omae
  • Bavarian Mr. Johnson
« Reply #57 on: <09-08-10/1411:31> »
Do not mock the frag grenade.  You'd be amazed how many household object they can fit in.   ;D

I'd never mock something that can kill me by RAW if I roll unlucky on scatter...
SR4A Limited Edition [german] - 0478/1100

_-Target-_

• Newb
« Reply #58 on: <09-08-10/1427:36> »
  Wow I had no idea this was such a heated topic.

I typed this out last night before bed, checking it now an hour before lunch, 4 pages of responses..

Regardless of how you feel about this topic, it does seem clear it should be addressed.  I mean the % of SR players that are even on these forums at this point has to be under 1%.

Whomever quoted a Wikii about that indicated that the term clip was commonplace, please remember that Wikii's are created and maintained by the public, not industry experts... the same uneducated public that commonly refers to magazines as clips.. I don't think anyone who works with firearms, or has formally trained with them ever makes this mistake.

There are 2 firearms that come to mind as clip using, one is an SKS with a non removable magazine (its not internal, its held on with a screw) it is loaded by pressing a rounds off a clip down the top of the riffle, the empty clip drops out the bottom.  and the M1 Garand you push down on the back of the clip and it holds them down inside the riffle on the clip, as the rounds are shot the clip slowly climbs out of the riffle until it is launched clear after the last round.. There is no way to unload these weapons without ejecting all the rounds in some fashion.  BTW both these firearms predate 1947, nothing comes to mind as a military used riffle newer then 1947 that uses a clip.

There is a type of clip called a moon clip, that is used for a specific revolver, but it is exactly a clip, and is used to speed load the gun..

My point is still true, to people who spend a lot of time with firearms, the term clip is ignorant.  There is no other viewpoint, especially if they have taken to time to explain the difference to the new people and they still call mags, clips..

To the person that pointed out that magazine is 2x as long as clip, I offer that Mag is 25% shorter than clip and perfectly acceptable in all cases

In game mechanics if they called Magazines (M), and internal Magazines (IM) no one would be confused..Then when I buy clips for my firearms, it would be to load them into my (IM), or to speed load them into my Mags..

So everyone is happy, and you stop propagating ignorance to a new generation of gamers.

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #59 on: <09-08-10/1434:30> »
That was me... I just wanted to know then share! ;D
« Last Edit: <09-08-10/1503:30> by Usda Beph »
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.