NEWS

SR Fiction - Blind Magic

• 4 Replies

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« on: <03-07-17/0630:23> »
A new novella has been released on DriveThruRPG.

Blind Magic, by Dylan Birtolo.

Lucas, a gifted shaman and member of the Salish-Shidhe Council, is respected for his arcane talents among his tribe. When he’s blinded during a shadowrun on an Evo Corporation outpost, he’s fitted with a set of cybereyes during his recovery. But upon his return to the Council, the tribe banishes him, saying the cyberware he’s accepted makes him unfit to be a shaman. Distraught, Lucas heads to Seattle and spends time in the Barrens attempting to scrape by.

Wanting revenge against Evo, he teams up with a group of shadowrunners, influencing them to take runs against the megacorporation. During one such run, they determine that Evo is retrieving an arcane artifact from a dig site located in Salish-Shidhe territory. Lucas convinces his team to take the initiative and either stop the dig or steal the artifact. But when a team member double-crosses Lucas and the others, he must race against time to discover the true masterminds behind this shadowrun…and stop the thief before they escape with both the artifact and Lucas’s last chance for redemption…

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #1 on: <03-07-17/1537:03> »
Didn't know this was coming.  Always a happy suprise to see a new release. 

What happened to the two books that were mentioned. Undershadows and Shadows Down Under?
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Ningauble

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-08-17/1244:02> »
What happened to the two books that were mentioned. Undershadows and Shadows Down Under?

They have been out for quite a while in dead-tree editions (I got them on August 12 last year). But there haven't been an e-book of either of them yet, AFAIK.

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« Reply #3 on: <03-08-17/1732:57> »

They have been out for quite a while in dead-tree editions (I got them on August 12 last year). But there haven't been an e-book of either of them yet, AFAIK.

I've been trying to get answers to this question here and on Catalyst's various Facebook page, but nothing yet.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #4 on: <03-09-17/1929:57> »
:some spoilery stuff:
A lot of terminology feels dated, curious if this was written with a  past edition in mind.  Lots of interesting abilities attributed to cyber eyes.  Treatment of tribal elders to essence loss gave me an almost physical sense of tension.
Liked writing style and story definety had me hooked.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon