NEWS

[SR5] How to build a Half-Hacker

• 18 Replies

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <09-17-16/2028:40> »
Fair point. 

I would still argue investing less is Resonance is often better. You can still pump out L6 sprites when you need with lets say a Resonance 3, damage is just physical. But lower resonance means you probably have more edge/resources. Drugs, stat boosters, platelet factories, edge etc. are going to the physical fade less of an issue. But  even better, is keeping a stable of easier to compile/register sprites that can help not just with diagnostics, but other boosting CF and to teamwork with deckers. At Resonance 3, you can still get all of the meaningful echoes if you want (skinlink, FFF, and the a control rig echo) without raising Resonance.

Kuirem

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <09-17-16/2118:33> »
That's an interesting build, the ability to combine all that with Cyberware can certainly open new stuff (that will require long discussion with your GM for what work with Diagnostics), but you take quite a risk. Compiling a Sprite level 6 can hit you with up to 12 DV that are now physical AND you have 3 less resonance to soak it (Platelet factory should compensate it). Registrering a 6 Sprite is downright suicide, average of 8 DV with up to 24, you better have some good Edge leftover if you want to try it because on a bad roll from the sprite's defense test you will be hit hard.

But well a Sprites 3 can still do a decent job and it might be worth to lose some punch on the sprite to gain it on your edge/resources. So I'm not saying that it won't work but it should be used carefully or you could just kill yourself before the run even start.

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <09-17-16/2142:55> »
Yep. It's riskier. Registering big sprites would be a no-no, but compiling could be attempted. You would be averaging 4 DV of physical damage coming your way. A Platelet Factory, Willpower 5, and Resonance 3 should on average soak that, edge to reroll if you don't. Pop some Zen beforehand if you have time time shake it off. 

And once you get FFF, wound penalties won't affect you.
« Last Edit: <09-17-16/2145:25> by FST_Gemstar »

JmOz01

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <09-18-16/2324:38> »
I am currently playing a Samurai/Decker/Face/Mage. 

For his decking side I am using a Rating 5 comlink with a level 3 sleaze dongle and modified to have an attack 1

I have a logic 4, Intuition 6, cracking skill group 4, Computers 2 (Matrix perception +2)

I also have 16 dice to cast Increase Logic (also agility, body, strength, and charisma) and the ability to sustain to level 4 health spells

He works well as the back up he is suppose to be,,,