NEWS

How to Join a Living campaign or run one?

• 3 Replies

Crey57

• Newb
« on: <12-29-18/1223:14> »
So if this is in the wrong spot my apologies. I saw the living campaign stuff and was interested. Didn't know where to look, I know it is specific missions like adventurers league in D&D.  But is it only at conventions? or stores or what? how are characters done ect? Any info would be great. Thanks!

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-29-18/1241:46> »
You'll want to review the SRM FAQ here.

You don't have to be an official Catalyst Demo Team member to run SRM missions, but it helps since they have access to them for free.

For the rest of us, you can purchase adventures at catalyst's online store or at drivethrurpg.  They cost about $5 a go so not terribly pricey, but I suppose it depends on how much disposable cash you have available for the hobby and how many adventures you buy, heh.

I've heard that there are some SRM games played over Discord as well, but I haven't looked into that myself.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.

Crey57

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <12-29-18/1250:36> »
Groovy thank ya

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #3 on: <12-29-18/1311:22> »
To find games for SRM Online, use the link.

http://shadowcasters.network/srmo/

There's a $5 charge to play, mostly to ensure people don't sign up and not show... of you paid, you feel more invested.  Obviously, at 20-40 bucks for a 4-5 hour session, they ain't in it for the cash.

Running Missions per the FAQ is legitimate as SSDR says, but unless your an agent, you don't necessarily get access to the CMPs, which are another 8 modules that get released for Agent use.

To sign up as an agent, you need a public place to host open table demos, that means you run Missions on some manner of fair first come first served sign up, at least 6 sessions a year.  There are some pretty swag perks of being an Agent...
That's just like... your opinion, man.