NEWS

[SR5] Howling Shadows

• 113 Replies

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #60 on: <05-25-16/2255:09> »
Halfway thru and really liking what seen so far.  Skipping ahead, great to see a callback to older editions with alienation power.  (Edit) Notice Nosferatu and mutaqua art are in the infected and toxic chapters.  Not sure if on purpose or mistake?
« Last Edit: <05-26-16/0123:49> by Prime Mover »
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Blue Rose

• Omae
« Reply #61 on: <05-26-16/0122:59> »
Yey, the Stirr-up for bio-drones is back - and also mundane critters. Shapechange here I come.
Oh dear lord, trolls turning into elephants.  Even before boosting anything, you get assault cannon tusks.

Though I have to wonder if that run speed of Agility x18 is right, 'cuz that is ridiculous if you start boosting your agility through Shapechange.  Like... if you were focused on manipulation spells and used reagents and edge on your Shapechange spell, you could flat outrun a Suzuki Mirage off of 10 hits and an Increase Agility spell.

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #62 on: <05-26-16/0203:21> »
From Tumblr, the cover art, by Victor Moreno:

What the frag are those?  :o

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #63 on: <05-26-16/0244:39> »
Dingobats of course!
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Blue Rose

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <05-26-16/1011:48> »
Thankfully, the animal pricing tables in Running Wild still seem reasonable.

Unfortunately, it looks like there's quite a bit you'd want to buy that isn't covered.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #65 on: <05-26-16/1034:24> »
Yeah well not everyone has been playing since 4th ed... this could very well be the end of Shadowrun for me until someone competent picks up the license.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

adzling

« Reply #66 on: <05-26-16/1105:55> »
Scythe come on now, you know that Catalyst's process is borked and anything they put out will be riddled with copy-pasta and incomplete rules/ missing stuff referenced but not present.

Shame on you for expecting anything more than that.

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #67 on: <05-26-16/1554:09> »
No, shame on Catalyst for putting out an incomplete product, again.

This isn't our fault, it lies directly on whoever is editing and going over the product.  That's the person who either should have noticed a necessary part of the process is missing or they actively cut it out for whatever reason.  Either or, still not a product I'm going to purchase. 
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #68 on: <05-26-16/1724:35> »
Another post removed.

Let me be crystal clear. Expressing opinions, good or bad, is perfectly legitimate and encouraged. Doing so with vulgarity and profanity is not, regardless of the situation.

SR Mod

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #69 on: <05-27-16/0847:32> »
Y'know what would be really great for some of us to see discussed even half so much as the perceived slight of a missing chart? The actual contents of the book.
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator

DragginSPADE

• Newb
« Reply #70 on: <05-27-16/0933:25> »
Y'know what would be really great for some of us to see discussed even half so much as the perceived slight of a missing chart? The actual contents of the book.

This.  I got it, Catalyst screwed up again and left out an important table that is referenced elsewhere in the book.  But what about the rest of it, the creatures themselves?  How are the Drake rules?  Overpowered, underpowered, consistent with previous editions?  Would this be worth a buy from someone how just wanted a monster manual or was willing to houserule costs, or wanted to play a Drake?

adzling

« Reply #71 on: <05-27-16/1044:28> »
I haven't done much more than skim so far so take it for what it's worth:

I was happy to see the old Raccoon mentor spirit back, finally.

I'm happy for the critter book as our campaign is about to enter an area where the party will be encountering angry, native fauna.

The section on Drakes was interesting but given the karma costs I don't see it being a viable character choice unless the game is built around them.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #72 on: <05-27-16/1113:45> »
by the way
this
https://twitter.com/catalystgamelab/status/735596481999081473

is what JMH himself says about the issue

HokaHey
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #73 on: <05-27-16/1205:34> »
...  Of course.  Of course.  It's not like corporations are in it for the money, and paracritters are in fact big money, nooo...  They'd never sell something as valuable as an animal where they can use such a purchase to milk even more nuyen out of someone...  I mean, then you have to pay for a vet, food, 'maintenance,' etc...  That totally means animals are a money sink.  It's not like I could go buy a tiger online with a few permits and the willingness to spend some money...

EDIT:  In a world where money buys everything, something isn't for sale (and that something is something people could buy today, exotic pets are a thing).  Ludicrous. 
« Last Edit: <05-27-16/1215:43> by MijRai »
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

adzling

« Reply #74 on: <05-27-16/1223:24> »
Yeah that thread from Jason just reads as an after the fact justification for an obvious goof.

Without animal/ critter costs the multipliers make no sense.

It's clearly an error and the obfuscation is just sad.