NEWS

Help with finishing street samurai

• 7 Replies

EngineJ2

• Newb
« on: <04-04-20/1418:53> »
I have only played D&D. Was asked if I want to play shadowrun tonight with a group and trying not to be the irritating newb with character build. So was told to come up with a back story, and then given some basics to use.
Aoife (street samurai/Human) Given this name from her family, it means Life in Hebrew. Grew up in a farming village of human and elves. Always felt the need to protect and defend(which ended up in a lot of fights growing up) Joined the military, but left after feeling dissatisfied with the justice she received from her village being demolished. Does not trust easily, but is the most loyal friend if she does. Believes the punishment should fit the crime, and she is the one to deal it out. Family is number one, and if you are in her circle, you are family.

(So quick, hard-knocks logic, strength, and can take a hit if needed)

I have 29 karma points left to use and not sure how to use them(was just told to divvy them up)
40 HP
Nuyen:  377
Body: 4
Quickness: 3
Ranged Combat: 1
dodge: 2
strength: 3
close combat: 1
unarmed: 1

Intelligence: 2
biotech: 0
decking: 0
esp control: 0
will power: 2
spell casting: 0
chi: 0
charisma: 2
spirit summoning: 0
spirit control: 0
conjuring: 0
gun control: 0
gun combat: 0

Primary armor: padded leather
primary ranged weapon: shotgun
primary melee weapon: machete
Skills: quickness

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <04-04-20/1422:06> »
What was you Priority alotment?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <04-04-20/1438:20> »
I'm confused by what you put up.  Are you guys using an alternate system.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-04-20/1600:10> »
Another Question pops up as well. which edition are you using?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-04-20/2020:46> »
Initially I thought a 1-3 edition 6 stats calls it intelligence and quickness, but the gun control, gun combat stuff confused me as I don't remember that in any edition. And it looks like he has hit points. So I was thinking maybe this is a d20 version.

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #5 on: <04-05-20/0126:31> »
Yea I think this is a home brew or based on one of the D20 variants out there. Notice the armor is padded Leather.

Red

Thinking
com
speaking

Hibiki54

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-05-20/1608:11> »
You should come back and state what edition you are playing and an actual character creation format. We can go from there.

Lormyr

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #7 on: <04-05-20/1736:59> »
Looks to be based off the most recent line of video games from Hairbrained Schemes.
"TL:DR 6e's reduction of meaningful choices is akin to forcing everyone to wear training wheels. Now it's just becomes a bunch of toddlers riding around on tricycles they can't fall off of." - Adzling