NEWS

Table Rating

• 1 Replies

Chance359

• Newb
« on: <09-20-10/1256:26> »
This is one of the best mechanics that Missions has to offer.  Given what players are about to create with 400 BP, table rating give GMs an option to give players challenge without having to handwave.  It also gives players incentive to try and challenge themselves by risking a higher table rating for better reward. 

I would like to see more sidebar information for how each mod should employ TR.  A good example of how this could be used comes from Jack Knifed:

"At TR 3+ the gangers have a backup plan. Th ey’ve managed to secure several Flash-Paks which they aim toward anyone fi ghting
back. At TR 4+ they also have four CS gas grenades along with half a dozen gas masks. At TR 6 they have two fragmentation grenades."

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <09-20-10/2001:24> »
This is one of the best mechanics that Missions has to offer.  Given what players are about to create with 400 BP, table rating give GMs an option to give players challenge without having to handwave.  It also gives players incentive to try and challenge themselves by risking a higher table rating for better reward. 

I would like to see more sidebar information for how each mod should employ TR.  A good example of how this could be used comes from Jack Knifed:

"At TR 3+ the gangers have a backup plan. Th ey’ve managed to secure several Flash-Paks which they aim toward anyone fi ghting
back. At TR 4+ they also have four CS gas grenades along with half a dozen gas masks. At TR 6 they have two fragmentation grenades."

I like the concept but the execution probably can use some work.  Some things seem to scale fine or heck even on the weak side like combats.  Perception checks and some other checks seem to scale on the other side where a high table rating makes certain checks impossible even for dedicated builds.