NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

tequila

• Chummer
« Reply #345 on: <07-28-14/1418:34> »
Given that Activesofts costs 5k per level...  I would think yes on that.  The real problem with those (in my mind) is that skillwires cost the same, when you have to have a skilljack to use them.

Updated my post since both skillwires and skilljacks have the same cost.
#thistasergoesto11

Quote from: Tarislar
ArmTech MGL-12: Nothing says love like a 3 round burst of HE Grenade to hit something for 32P
Nuff said.  :-X

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #346 on: <09-16-14/1706:33> »
The Social Modifiers table on page 140 describe dice pool modifiers for street cred as a general modifier for all social tests.  The street cred of the character counts as a positive dice pool modifier while the street cred of the target is a negative dice pool modifier.  Also, it tells the player to see page 372 for reference.  I see a couple problems here.

First the page number is incorrect.  Street cred is referenced on page 368.  Second the entry for street cred only mentions that it applies as a modifier for the social limit for tests, not the dice pool.  This is particularly problematic in missions since contacts don't have street cred per se which can end up trivializing most social skill checks given the potentially huge modifier street cred can add. 

At the very least the text should clarify whether street cred modifies the limit, the dice pool or both. 

deathwishjoe

• Chummer
« Reply #347 on: <09-17-14/1901:02> »
I don't know if this has been mentioned but in street grimoire on page 119 it reads "Critter form works like the Shapechange spell but only allows the subject to change into a specific non-paranormal animal. Each critter form is a different spell (Hellhound Form, Devil Rat Form, and so on).:"

When it should read "Critter form works like the Shapechange spell but only allows the subject to change into a specific non-paranormal animal. Each critter form is a different spell (Dog form, Horse form, and so on)."

None of t examples are non paranormal critters.  Not a big thing but it will lead to confusion

MijRai

• Ace Runner
  • Kane's Understudy
« Reply #348 on: <09-18-14/1714:46> »
I don't know if this has been mentioned but in street grimoire on page 119 it reads "Critter form works like the Shapechange spell but only allows the subject to change into a specific non-paranormal animal. Each critter form is a different spell (Hellhound Form, Devil Rat Form, and so on).:"

When it should read "Critter form works like the Shapechange spell but only allows the subject to change into a specific non-paranormal animal. Each critter form is a different spell (Dog form, Horse form, and so on)."

None of t examples are non paranormal critters.  Not a big thing but it will lead to confusion

Or it should be the other way around; instead of 'non-paranormal animal', maybe they meant 'paranormal animal'.
Would you want to go into a place where the resident had a drum-fed shotgun and can see in the dark?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #349 on: <09-18-14/1824:39> »
Non-paranormal, to match previous editions.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #350 on: <10-09-14/0343:31> »
Not sure if it has even mentioned before but any reason why Spirits of Air do not have the Flight skill? That has to be a mistake
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #351 on: <10-09-14/0819:47> »
((Print Page allows for easy searching, it came up a year go. The mistake isn't Spirits of Air having Running, but Spirits of Fire having Flight. Running IS Flight for Spirits since they can float all they want.))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #352 on: <10-09-14/1341:32> »
Okay, so related question - does running still count as flight when materialized? Or, more accurately, are materialized spirits still unbound by gravity?
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #353 on: <10-09-14/1349:40> »
((End of page 301 and start of page 302: Its physical body is not subject to gravity.))
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

8-bit

« Reply #354 on: <10-09-14/1350:09> »
Okay, so related question - does running still count as flight when materialized? Or, more accurately, are materialized spirits still unbound by gravity?

Quote from: Core Rule Book of SR5, pages 301 - 302
A spirit’s physical form is metahuman-sized or smaller and very obviously ethereal (there is no mistaking a spirit for something worldly). Its physical body is not subject to gravity—though most spirits stay close to the ground because that’s where all the action is—but it can be knocked around by other forces (which makes staying grounded handy at times)

So, yes. Running still counts as flight because materialized spirits are not subject to gravity.

Edit: Michael posted 20 seconds before me, so my post is sort of redundant.

Malevolence

• Ace Runner
  • Matrix Addict
« Reply #355 on: <10-09-14/1424:03> »
Including Realistic Form?
Speech Thought Matrix/Text Astral

8-bit

« Reply #356 on: <10-09-14/1509:58> »
Including Realistic Form?

I am actually unsure. I would tend to say that yes, they are not subject to gravity. They can be realistic and look (meta)human, but they are not. They are good enough at mimicking and acting as if gravity is affecting them, so I would assume they would try to act like a normal metahuman to maintain the illusion.

So, do I actually know? No, but my guess would be that they follow all the other normal rules of spirits. Not 100% sure though, but it seems like nothing forces the spirit to comply by normal metahuman rules and laws of nature, except for its own whims and desire to maintain an illusion.

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #357 on: <10-09-14/2252:20> »
(CRB p. 303 & 304)
Assuming that the mental stats for all spirits isn't just F (earth, fire and man have modifiers)and that spirit Astral Initiative is calculated the same way as for mortal wouldn't the astral initiative for spirits of Fire and Man be ((f+1)x2)+3d6?
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #358 on: <10-10-14/0013:14> »
Realistic form means the spirit CAN do things the way the form it has taken does things, whether that's eat, make toast, or chill your wine coolers.  It doesn't mean they HAVE to do those things, or indeed that they lose their other abilities while in that 'realistic form'; it just means that if they want to do X the way their form Y does it, they can.

Which means yeah, your refrigerator might suddenly start floating around the damn squat.
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

8-bit

« Reply #359 on: <10-10-14/0111:41> »
Realistic form means the spirit CAN do things the way the form it has taken does things, whether that's eat, make toast, or chill your wine coolers.  It doesn't mean they HAVE to do those things, or indeed that they lose their other abilities while in that 'realistic form'; it just means that if they want to do X the way their form Y does it, they can.

Which means yeah, your refrigerator might suddenly start floating around the damn squat.

Maybe it's not a spirit who is disguised as my refrigerator, maybe it's just a programming malfunction in the latest technology. Kind of cool they made my refrigerator hover...