NEWS

Shadowrun 5 Errata

• 560 Replies

martinchaen

« Reply #195 on: <09-17-13/1544:20> »
All4BigGuns; unlike some of the bigger issues, however, a simple spelling mistake is easy to rectify in time for the new edition. If they get around to including those in the next print; cool. I'd agree that it's not worth putting in the Errata if it means it's going to take (much) longer to get the Errata out. They could always do a v1.2 of the Errata once the critical stuff has been addressed.

Still, I think it's worth pointing out all of these things so that they know what to address later.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #196 on: <09-17-13/2205:42> »
I really hope that these things don't get messed with. Such nitpick things are not worth bothering with, and there are better things to spend time on.

Removing the letter "u" from one location takes no time at all when you've already got someone in there making changes.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #197 on: <09-18-13/0040:30> »
I really hope that these things don't get messed with. Such nitpick things are not worth bothering with, and there are better things to spend time on.

Removing the letter "u" from one location takes no time at all when you've already got someone in there making changes.
They would have to move it to its proper place alphabetically, but I would hope that wouldn't be too tough. I just thought it was funny when I spotted it.
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

ShadowMaster

• Newb
« Reply #198 on: <09-23-13/1029:53> »
pg. 363 has
The first step to bypassing a maglock
is to remove the case and access the maglock’s
electronic guts.

There are no other steps listed.

pg. 404 Devil Rat has the dodge skills, which does not exist in sr5.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #199 on: <09-23-13/1217:27> »
pg. 363 has
The first step to bypassing a maglock is to remove the case and access the maglock’s electronic guts.

The rulebook describes the second step seperately for each type of maglock: keypad (rewire the circuits or use a sequencer), card reader (same as keypads, although you can instead use a passkey or forged keycard without removing the case), print scanner (don't open the case; instead, duplicate a print or use an authorized user's).

Jesentra

• Newb
« Reply #200 on: <09-23-13/1837:39> »
Not sure if it's errata, but I'd like to see some clarification on Charging. Specifically, what is the minimum distance one must move to be considered charging?

pg. 186 states:
Running towards a foe makes it a lot more complicated
to read just how your attack is going to land,
and it puts a little extra force behind any strikes you
do make. This bonus is gained on any melee attack
made while the attacking character is considered
running (see Movement, p. 161)
. Along with receiving
this bonus, attackers can ignore the customary –2
penalty to skill checks made when running.

pg. 161 states:
The Movement Rates (Walk and Run) for each metatype
are noted on the Movement Table. This is the distance the character can move during their
Combat Turn. As soon as the character exceeds
their Walk rate, they are considered
Running until the end of the Combat Turn

and incur any penalties or benefits of running.
Running characters must use a Free
Action in each Initiative Pass they are considered
running.

According to these rules, all a character would have to do is take a Free Action and move at a speed that exceeds their Walking Rate (Agi x2 for all metatypes), and they are considered charging, but charging implies you have momentum, which is near impossible to muster from a standstill. What is the minimum amount of distance that would be required to build up the momentum to be considered "Charging"?

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #201 on: <09-23-13/1924:14> »
Sounds like (AGIx2) + 1 meters. May not make "sense" but it's part of the abstraction.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

ShadowMaster

• Newb
« Reply #202 on: <09-23-13/2055:07> »
pg. 363 has
The first step to bypassing a maglock is to remove the case and access the maglock’s electronic guts.

The rulebook describes the second step separately for each type of maglock: keypad (rewire the circuits or use a sequencer), card reader (same as keypads, although you can instead use a passkey or forged keycard without removing the case), print scanner (don't open the case; instead, duplicate a print or use an authorized user's).
Those items also have crack open the case listed as a step.  I am sure there is a step missing as it should be possible to take down the maglock itself without having to deal with the keypad, it just means that the keypad will probably log an anomaly.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #203 on: <09-23-13/2127:48> »
pg. 363 has

The rulebook describes the second step separately for each type of maglock: keypad (rewire the circuits or use a sequencer), card reader (same as keypads, although you can instead use a passkey or forged keycard without removing the case), print scanner (don't open the case; instead, duplicate a print or use an authorized user's).
Those items also have crack open the case listed as a step.  I am sure there is a step missing as it should be possible to take down the maglock itself without having to deal with the keypad, it just means that the keypad will probably log an anomaly.
You make another Locksmith + Agility [Physical] (Maglock Rating x 2, 1 Combat Turn) Extended Test to rewire the maglock innards to not have to deal with the keypad.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Noble Drake

• Omae
« Reply #204 on: <09-23-13/2224:17> »
Sounds like (AGIx2) + 1 meters. May not make "sense" but it's part of the abstraction.
An absolute minimum distance to charge being 3 meters makes plenty of sense... people don't tend to really gain all that much more momentum than what they can build in a few good strides, which 3 meters (also known as 9 feet, 9 inches) provides room for...

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #205 on: <09-24-13/0113:15> »
An absolute minimum distance to charge being 3 meters makes plenty of sense... people don't tend to really gain all that much more momentum than what they can build in a few good strides, which 3 meters (also known as 9 feet, 9 inches) provides room for...
10 feet isn't all that much space in my opinion, but that's neither here nor there really. The real weirdness is that someone with an AGI of 6 needs 13 meters to charge someone.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

acolyte99

« Reply #206 on: <09-24-13/0127:16> »
In the FAQ-thread Aaron suggested to put this into the Errata thread:

The Spirit Basics entry on p. 301 states (emphasis mine):
  When materialized, the spirit uses astral perception (its only perception) to perceive the physical world.

The sentence just before this quote suggests, that materialized spirits can see physically (colors, transparent glass etc.) and astrally (emphasis mine):
The spirit is dual-natured while it’s materialized, which means it exists simultaneously on the physical and astral plane, meaning it can see objects in both places

Additionally:
All spirits have Perception, which would be useless, if the quoted sentence is correct, because they could always use Assensing.

Normally (and in SR4) one could argue, that a materialized spirit is dual-natured and the "Dual-natured" critter power stated that " that a dual-natured critter always senses both the physical and astral worlds". But with this "astral perception (its only perception)"-quote specific would trump general and materialized spirits wouldn't be able to see colors, see through glass, hear words exactly (not muffled like from astral space), see photographs etc.

Is that intended?

martinchaen

« Reply #207 on: <09-24-13/0403:30> »
Not sure if it's errata, but I'd like to see some clarification on Charging. Specifically, what is the minimum distance one must move to be considered charging?

+1. Does an AGI9 character really have to run 19 (9*2+1) meters to be considered charging?

Jesentra

• Newb
« Reply #208 on: <09-24-13/0957:55> »

+1. Does an AGI9 character really have to run 19 (9*2+1) meters to be considered charging?

See, this was my first thought as well, that you had to actually exceed your walking rate in meters before you could charge. I was actually going to address this same thing when I first made the post, but as per the rules:

pg. 161 states:
are noted on the Movement Table. This is the distance the character can move during their
running.

As I re-read it, the term "rate" suggests that it's not saying that you actually have to move [Agi x2] +1 meters, you have to move at a rate of movement, or speed, of that many meters in a combat turn. This is the interpretation that I have concluded, because it makes more sense than an Agi 6 person needing 13 meters to charge, and a less agile Agi 2 only needing 5.

But I'd totally agree some rewording could help.

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #209 on: <09-24-13/1035:31> »

See, this was my first thought as well, that you had to actually exceed your walking rate in meters before you could charge. I was actually going to address this same thing when I first made the post, but as per the rules:

pg. 161 states:
running.

As I re-read it, the term "rate" suggests that it's not saying that you actually have to move [Agi x2] +1 meters, you have to move at a rate of movement, or speed, of that many meters in a combat turn. This is the interpretation that I have concluded, because it makes more sense than an Agi 6 person needing 13 meters to charge, and a less agile Agi 2 only needing 5.

But I'd totally agree some rewording could help.
I don't think I understand what you're saying. In SR terms, "rate" seems to be defined as:
This is the distance the character can move during their Combat Turn.
On the chart, it is defined for all metahumans as (AGIx2). Using word substitution on the next sentence would read:
Quote from: Word Substitution
As soon as the character exceeds the distance of (AGIx2), they are considered Running until the end of the Combat Turn and incur any penalties or benefits of running.

I'm not saying I agree with it, but I think it is fairly clear. I'm considering houseruling it to 5 meters.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal