NEWS

Season 5 Contacts

• 72 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <07-31-13/1428:49> »
A full listing the Shadowrun Season 5 Mission contacts!  Background, stats, starting connection and maximum starting loyalty listings if you want to start your characters with these contacts!  pictures!  Enjoy!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12034805/Season%205%20Contacts.pdf

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-01-13/1030:30> »
Chargen rules state you're not allowed to spend more than 7 Karma on a single contact at chargen - however, some of the Season 5 contacts have a max Starting Loyalty that would break this limit (Goober, Maggie, Martin Tate, Nick Ryder, Quantum Princess, Simon Andrews). Does the normal 7-Karma chargen limit not apply to these contacts?

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-01-13/1456:07> »
I actually missed that rule, so...  Umm...  Lemmee get back to you. :)

Nal0n

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <08-01-13/1746:35> »
"Simon is an odd individual. A full body changeling, he appears to be a bipedal lizard-man with thick scaly."

I am no natural speaker, but somehow this just sounds as if there is something missing...

btw: Is there an option to marry Sarah? *drools* ;)

Justice

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <08-01-13/2137:49> »
Chargen rules state you're not allowed to spend more than 7 Karma on a single contact at chargen - however, some of the Season 5 contacts have a max Starting Loyalty that would break this limit (Goober, Maggie, Martin Tate, Nick Ryder, Quantum Princess, Simon Andrews). Does the normal 7-Karma chargen limit not apply to these contacts?

But doesn't that only apply to Contacts purchased with Karma? It's specifically referenced in that table. Which makes sense since you're buying up past the point your abilities support in social situations.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <08-01-13/2209:06> »
"Simon is an odd individual. A full body changeling, he appears to be a bipedal lizard-man with thick scaly."

I am no natural speaker, but somehow this just sounds as if there is something missing...

btw: Is there an option to marry Sarah? *drools* ;)

"thick scaly skin", I think.  So yeah, looks like a word got lopped off.

And really...  you don't want to marry Sarah.  She's BAD news.  And very high maintenance.  but that *is* the proper reaction to her :)

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <08-01-13/2210:32> »
But doesn't that only apply to Contacts purchased with Karma? It's specifically referenced in that table. Which makes sense since you're buying up past the point your abilities support in social situations.

Right, but some players like to start off knowing a couple of the Seasonal contacts, so they buy them at Chargen, so this limits some of the contacts I wrote up.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #7 on: <08-02-13/0549:35> »
Anyone with Charisma 5 will want to be able to spend 8 karma on a Contact for Missions. I mean, normally a Fixer at 2/1 ain't that bad since he still rolls 14 dice, but in Missions he can't get you squat. So it might not be that bad if these let you go past it, give people more contact spending space.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #8 on: <08-02-13/2012:34> »
The 2013 CMPs have additional contacts, so of which are old friends to Missions, some new, and at least one of a type I'm not sure has ever appeared in SRM before.

-k

lurkeroutthere

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <08-29-13/1949:39> »
Errrrr question, isn't it pretty much a known fact in shadow circles that the desolation angels are a mantis spirit gang?
"And if the options are "talk to him like a grown up" versus "LOLOLOL murder him in his face until he doesn't come back," I know which suggestion I'm making." - Critias

No team I'm on has ever had a problem with group think.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <08-29-13/2010:50> »
Well, insofar that they're a apparently a gang of women who allow mantis spirits to possess them in order to hunt other insects, yes.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <08-29-13/2205:40> »
Errrrr question, isn't it pretty much a known fact in shadow circles that the desolation angels are a mantis spirit gang?
Well, insofar that they're a apparently a gang of women who allow mantis spirits to possess them in order to hunt other insects, yes.

It's a rumor, not a fact, and it's something only rumored in the shadows.

And hey, have you seen any Mantis spirits yet?  Becky is a Rat Shaman after all :)

(God I love paranoid runners)

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #12 on: <08-30-13/0714:35> »
Hey, I don't give a rat's ass as to whether she's a Mantis or not, given how the Mantis like killing the other Bugs instead. Enemy of my enemy is the enemy of my enemy, nothing more, nothing less*, but I'm perfectly fine with live and let live when it comes to those.

* Bonus points to who catches the reference.

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #13 on: <08-30-13/0743:40> »
Hey, I don't give a rat's ass as to whether she's a Mantis or not, given how the Mantis like killing the other Bugs instead. Enemy of my enemy is the enemy of my enemy, nothing more, nothing less*, but I'm perfectly fine with live and let live when it comes to those.

* Bonus points to who catches the reference.

The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #14 on: <08-30-13/0752:47> »
bows

They make a rather decent Runner guideline list  :)