NEWS

[6E] Dome Sweet Home IC

  • 99 Replies
  • 14246 Views

Aria

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2132
« Reply #75 on: <12-16-19/1219:32> »
[Tuesday November 14th, 2079; Reaper turf, Northern Redmond, Seattle Metroplex]

The ganger’s cries of rage as their guns were slagged could be heard now that the gunfire had abated somewhat, but there was still one chattergun sending sound suppressed rounds from the dilapidated house whilst the other, as yet unseen gangers, scrabbled around for working firearms to resume the engagement with the interlopers.  At least two of them in the fire station were desperately trying to reload the Striker, ignoring the pained sobbing of Omen’s retaliation victim…

In the matrix 0Day confronted Recall… the angry dwarf striding through the static laden matrix, the fault sprite beside him looking like a glaring hole in the code to somewhere… nasty…  If Recall was as ugly as his persona then 0Day was in no real rush to meet him in the flesh.  His red eyes held madness and the pocked code made him look diseased and brief thoughts of what the technos called Dissonance flitted through 0Day’s thoughts…

***

#20
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v19

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1859
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #76 on: <12-16-19/1753:26> »
Tipperman slowed down carefully once he was past the van.  Once he was safely to a stop he did a quick check on how badly he was actually hurt, then decided "not so bad that I can't keep going" and did his best to ignore it.

He fished in his pockets and pulled out his Horizon Flying Eye, activated the drone, then threw it perpendicular to the street.  Once it had stabilized he sent it to parallel the street until it was over the Fire Station, and broadcast what it sees. 

<<Probably we should move in quickly while they are disorganized, but that hurt enough that I also don't want to charge into any new surprises, so I've sent a drone to take a look.>>

Drone has Maneuvering 2, Stealth 2, and Clearsight 6.  I don't have the rules up right now, but I don't think it can run all three at once, but I forget if it can run 2 or just 1?  But basically Maneuvering to get in place, ClearSight once there, and Stealth if/when it can also run that
Tipperman  --
speechthoughtmatrix

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #77 on: <12-17-19/1643:19> »
Omen kept firing bursts at the gangers trying to rearm the rocket launcher. Another pair of them went down screaming as the explosive ammunition ripped into their bodies.
Bullets flew around him, while he reached the zone where he was completely centered. Nothing mattered beyond sending bullets down range into those people.
Only vaguely was he aware that Tipperman had sent a message, but it didn't matter to him anyway. Aim, shoot, maim, switch target, repeat.
He felt as happy as he knew to be...
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

gwilym

  • *
  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 139
« Reply #78 on: <12-17-19/1704:43> »
Dynamit knew better than to cast and ride. These guys didn't deserve efforts, so lame. She saw the rocket arc towards them then her own teams bullet marked out where the game was. She drew breath and the mana flowed through her eyes to the two fumbling with the launcher. Suddenly the leaped out of their cover almost as if they had both seen a grenade land at their feet. They were now very exposed, pity that.
You are not what you think you are. you are an imitation of what your wish you were

ZeroSum

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 401
« Reply #79 on: <12-20-19/0843:09> »
In the Matrix the digital battle raged on, and 0day grimaced as he recognized the corrupted code of the fault sprite. Thoughts of the crash virus running rampant flooded his mind, and for a nanosecond he was brought back to the seemingly infinite amount of time he had spent in an ultraviolet host. This was a kind of enemy he knew only too well.

He took a deep breath and focused on defense, inviting his opponents to strike at him. The corrupted technomancer did not disappoint and snarled loudly as he launched pieces of garbage code in 0day's direction. The decker waited until the absolute last moment and expertly cut apart the malicious code with an upward swing of his glowing katana.

Without a moments rest the matrix anomaly that was the fault sprite rushed in to swing it's monstrous claws at 0day's digital form. The decker thought he could feel the warped resonance coming at him along with the rage it embodied, but this was not his first rodeo and the black-clad samurai persona danced in deadly lockstep with his foe, ducking and weaving to avoid its blows.

After blocking a swipe that threw the sprite off balance 0day went on the offensive. The attack program manifested in the form of several long bursts from a void black SCK 100; the dwarf had long since mastered the art of balancing offense and defense, and the digital rounds struck home with devastating effect. Recall took a full six round burst to the face, and 0day watched in smug satisfaction as the red light in his opponents wild eyes winked out. The sprite managed to partially sidestep the last round of bursts but was still almost entirely shredded by the code bullets.

With damaged code dripping from it's digital form, the sprite launched a desperate attack that almost caught 0day by surprise. Despite easily dodging the attack his own retaliation almost missed it's intended target entirely; only through concerted effort was he able to turn an overhead swing of his blade into a glancing blow. Fortunately, the effort proved enough as the edge of his sword connected with the sprite's link to its master, severing the last remaining pieces of it. With a tortured scream the digital apparition disintegrated, and 0day breathed a sigh of relief.

> Matrix threat eliminated, ladies and gentlemen. Recall came to play, and if my suspicions are correct I think I might know why the Reapers are going after the Tribe

With one last look at the Matrix surrounding him, 0day took a deep breath as he jacked out of the Matrix and returned to his physical body.

Once everyone had gathered near the vehicle the dwarf recounted his experiences.

"We know that Recall is involved with the Reapers, and we just got jumped on their turf. Suffice to say that this guy dabbles in highly corrupted code; if you're not familiar with Dissonant Technomancers, think of them like toxic shamans. In other words, bad news bears. Dissonance is the opposite of Resonance, and corrupted technos like Recall are drawn to resonance like moths to a flame. They seek to corrupt it, and to use it for their own nefarious means. Guided perhaps by a more sinister intelligence, or just because they're all fraggin' broke in the head. Who knows."

Somewhat uncharacteristically, the dwarf spit on the ground to emphasize his disgust.

"Good riddance, I'd say, but Recall still lives; I was only able to knock him unconscious, and he'll only be out for a short while. An hour, maybe less. I say we capitalize on this moment, take the initiative and bring the pain to the Reapers."

The dwarf looked around at the group and jumped slightly, as if noticing the scorch marks from the nearby rocket impact for the first time.

"Jeez, how about a heads-up next time! Launcher must have been offline, as I never even saw it on the matrix. Good job taking that thing out, guys, thanks for having my back. We should probably let the Tribe know they've got a dissonant techno creeping in on their turf, though, if only so they can be prepared."

He realized he was rambling, and took a deep breath to calm down.

#11
« Last Edit: <12-20-19/1137:24> by ZeroSum »

Aria

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2132
« Reply #80 on: <01-03-20/1039:49> »
[Tuesday November 14th, 2079; Reaper turf, Northern Redmond, Seattle Metroplex]
 
Despite mere seconds having passed the assault was too much for the gangers and they broke and ran…now that they were in the open the runners couldn’t help but feel that their welcoming committee had been cannon fodder rather than a real threat… it was clear now that they were kids, albeit ones wielding assault weapons, from the heights of their fleeing forms around early to mid-teens.  Granted kids grew up fast in the barrens, or didn’t, but it did deflate the victory somewhat… that and the possibility of a stealthy approach had been firmly ruined!
 
They had a stark choice now, press the advantage of 0Day’s battle with the techno and carry on before he woke up or retreat and try again at a later date with the knowledge that they were likely to be fired at if noticed…
 
***
 
#21
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v19

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #81 on: <01-04-20/1015:36> »
"Drek... I mean, I don't want to say I told you so, but I told you so: In the end it comes down to a massacre - and if we aren't careful it's us getting massacred. How is everyone? Any serious injuries? If you are all alright I'd suggest we press on and get as much info as we can - and maybe catch that techno before he wakes up. That guy should be able to tell us quite a bit about what's going on here."
Omen sent to his chummers.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1859
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #82 on: <01-04-20/1736:11> »
"I'm oozing a bit and hurting like a sommabitch.  Some analgesic spray on dressing might help.  But it isn't too bad, if we need to keep pressing I can wait.
Tipperman  --
speechthoughtmatrix

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1859
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #83 on: <01-07-20/1645:23> »
Tipperman took a moment to check the feed from his drone, to make sure there was a secondary ambush waiting while some of the gangers ran to lure them in.  Seeing nothing, he invited 0-Day to the drone feed so that the decker could keep an eye out for them, then messaged the team <<frag it, I can get patched up later, let's try to run down one of these kids and get some answers.>>
<< Omen, can you start after them with the van?  I'd rather stay behind you for cover until we are close, don't need another random burst ruining my clothes even more.  >>
<<0-Day, I sent you my drone feed.  Can you send it after the kids, keep an eye on anything they are up to?>>
<< And someone message me when we are closed in on them -- I've got non-lethal options ready so we can maybe get some answers.  Or if our mage is good to just lift one or trap one or whatever, it would save me some ammo.>>


Tipperman took a moment to swear at the pain -- he'd swear it made it go away a bit -- then kicked his bike back to life and closed up on the back of the van. He made sure that Inga was loaded with gel rounds, then followed the van
Tipperman  --
speechthoughtmatrix

Jack_Spade

  • *
  • Prime Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 6516
« Reply #84 on: <01-08-20/0319:44> »
"Sure." Omen replied and got the old van back into gear, greatful, that the bulk of the old vehicle had kept him relatively safe.
Driving down the street he kept on full alert for any sign of another attack.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

ZeroSum

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 401
« Reply #85 on: <01-08-20/0906:03> »
> All good from my end. Given the nature of the opposition, I'd definitely prefer to catch Recall while he's taking a nap.

The dwarf got back into the van, buckled up, and assumed control of the Flying Eye. Through AR he issued a command to the drone to seek out the attackers, and began reviewing the video feed from the miniature flier. *1

> On it. Stand by for targeting information.

Reaching into his coat pocket, 0day brought out the electronics kit and activated a few MCT Gnat drones. He commanded three of them to follow the Horizon drone and provide overlapping audio-visual coverage of the surrounding area, and then slipped back into full hotsim VR to mask the Matrix signature on all four drones. *2

Once he was satisfied that covert recon was handled, he slipped into the shadows of the Matrix to provide overwatch and to try and find a possible location of his quarry. He had noticed that one of the smartguns he hadn't bricked was still active, which meant it could be tracked.*3

---

In just over a minute of real world time 0day had pwned the meager defenses of the smartgun link, and despite the relative noise of the barrens he was able to get a solid lock on the device. *3 *4 *5

With a neural command he sent the Horizon drone and the three Gnats towards the location he was actively tracing, and fed the target information to the rest of the team.

> One of the shooters are still broadcasting. I've got a lock, visual confirmation in...
> 3...
> 2...
> 1...


In the Matrix, the visual feeds from the four drones combined into a 3D representation of the real world. 0day watched the feed from one drone turn a sharp corner in order to fix its sensors onto the fleeing ganger. The other drones followed soon after, and with all four locking their sensors onto the metahuman there was nowhere for him to hide.

He seemed to be running for all he was worth, and the dwarf chuckled. "You can run, but you can't hide the signal, chummer" he thought to himself before sending another message to the team.

> Target acquired. Tipperman, let me know if you'd like me to take care of his firearm; with visual confirmation, I no longer need the trace.


*1 Perception (Sensor Array): 9d6t5 4
*2 Running Silent (Willpower + Sleaze): 15d6t5 5
*3 Matrix Perception (Electronics + Intuition): 15d6t5 6
*4 Probe: 15d6t5 2 4d6t5 0
*5 Backdoor Entry: 17d6t5 6 4d6t5 1
*6 Trace Icon: 15d6t5 7 2d6t5 1



#12
« Last Edit: <01-08-20/1129:05> by ZeroSum »

Aria

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2132
« Reply #86 on: <01-10-20/0752:04> »
[Tuesday November 14th, 2079; Reaper turf, Northern Redmond, Seattle Metroplex]

The ganger, a scruffy youngster of about fourteen with ratty dreadlocks and a bad case of unwashed, could run, really run, even with the chatter gun bouncing along on his back.  He was going parallel to 116th Street, keeping to the tree cover and dashing through the gardens of what would once have been nice suburban houses before the matrix crashes ripped the heart out of Redmond.  With the noise he was making there was little chance that he’d notice the slight whine of the electric drones following him.  Equally that made the audio feeds from the drones a bit patchy but 0Day could definitely hear the ganger muttering to himself

“The fra*gers d* it, R**dle s*** itd be tod**, no* *ext we** like they sai*…”

After he’d made a mad scramble across what was left of the tarmac of 165th he took a quick look behind him and hunkered down in a shallow bowl in the woods and pulled out his ‘link.

> It’s me!  Yeah it’s the test, early like you said, get everyone ready, we need to show ‘em we’re up to it!

With a last breathless grunt he heaved himself back to his feet and set off west again towards the Reaper turf proper…

***

#22
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v19

Beta

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 1859
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #87 on: <01-10-20/1727:39> »
Tipperman blessed the effort he'd made to get top-notch sensor software.  The little drones's microphone may not be much but the software had managed to makes some sense of things anyway.

<<You heard the kid, they were expected someone to come test 'em.  Doesn't matter if it was The Tribe or someone else, we are playing by their script.  That means they are at least somewhat prepared, and have the confidence of being on-script.  I hate that.  But I don't know that we have better options than charging ahead.>>

<<Anyone have better thoughts?>>
Tipperman  --
speechthoughtmatrix

ZeroSum

  • *
  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 401
« Reply #88 on: <01-10-20/1747:55> »
0day focused his attention on the ganger when the link came out; he bit off a curse as he should have known better, but there was no use crying over spilled soymilk. He threw every fiber of his digital being into intercepting the traffic going in an out of the link, and the Cyber-6 screamed along the digital pathways as he sliced through the comms firewall.

> Working on finding out who that call went to; sounds like he was saying "Riddle said it would be today". Riddle, as in the Rat Shaman associated with the Reapers, perhaps...

Behind the armoured mask he wore in the Matrix, he peered into the darkness, looking for the destination of the commcall.

> I'll get eyes in the skies, see if I can spot any obvious ambushes. Maybe we can slip past their front lines and grab Recall from under their noses.

The dwarf sent a mental command to a trio of MCT microdrones riding in his electronics kit, ordering them to take the position of the forward drones shadowing the Flying Eye. The forward drones were then commanded to advance ahead and look for groups of 5 or more armed metahumans.

Aria

  • *
  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2132
« Reply #89 on: <01-13-20/0746:55> »
[Tuesday November 14th, 2079; Reaper turf, Northern Redmond, Seattle Metroplex]

The two gangers in the street began to hightail it back towards their home turf but there was no way they could outrun Omen in the van and they seemed to have lost any sense of rational thought in the face of animal panic otherwise they might have chosen a more restricted route than the open sidewalk.  It was a simple matter for Omen to mount the crumbling path and wing them both in passing… he got a brief glimpse of a frightened face of the orc kid, a girl under all the grime who looked to be about fourteen so was probably ten to twelve years old, before the front fender clipped her shins  and sent her pin wheeling in to the gutter.  Seconds later Omen side swiped her companion sending him broken in to the litter strewn verge…

***

Ram 1 Pilot+Reaction (1+9D) -Speed Interval(3?*) vs. React+Int (4D), AR Omen’s Pilot+Sensor (1+3) vs. DR2 so no edge, Damage Bod/2 (8) +1/speed interval (3), 0 net hit, but in attacker’s favour, damage resist Bod 3, 2 hits, 9 boxes – ouch!

*Set speed interval at 3, that’s 40m/rnd on impact as you presumably want to catch them but want them alive?  Reducing to 2 for the second hit as I’m assuming some deceleration to line up the hit.

Ram 2 Pilot+Reaction (1+9D) -Speed Interval(2*) vs. React+Int (4D), AR Omen’s Pilot+Sensor (1+3) vs. DR2 so no edge, Damage Bod/2 (8) +1/speed interval (2), 1 net hit, damage resist Bod 3, 0 hits, 11 boxes – that’s 1 overflow damage and he’s bleeding profusely!

#23
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v19