NEWS

Questions for the SRM FAQ

• 12 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <03-10-15/0012:21> »
Please post your questions (And ONLY your questions) below.  No speculation, no arguments, no discussion is allowed in this thread. If you want to discuss something, start a new thread.  I want this thread to remain a useful link for later reference.

When referencing a rule or section of the book, please give me a book and page reference.

Please try and keep your questions to relevant FAQ materials and not Errata related when possible though we know the paths cross.
« Last Edit: <04-07-16/1027:13> by sinthalix »

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <03-21-15/1019:28> »
Do karma discounts from positive qualities stack?  For example, if I'm raising my German from 3 to 4 it would be eligible for a discount from both Linguist and Jack of All Trades, Master of None.  Would they both apply?
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

runarm

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-21-15/1037:22> »
When using the karmagen method for character creation do characters still get attribute-based bonus karma to spend on contacts and/or knowledge skills and languges?

R.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <03-24-15/1634:03> »
((Adding this here so I remember to add it to the next FAQ))

Garza's apartment building host (p. 12, SRM 05-05) has the incorrect stats.

The Correct stats are:

Rating: 4
Attack: 4   
Sleaze: 5   
Data Processing: 6
Firewall: 7

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #4 on: <04-07-15/2240:57> »
For Prime Runners, metasapients from Run Faster are allowed as conversions from the previous campaign.

The Pixie. Like previous editions, it is listed as having the Vanishing weakness. In previous editions, this was described as, "they disappear when they die". Poof. Gone. No possibility of resuscitation.

Also like previous editions, there is confusingly a separate Vanishing critter power that is decidedly not the same. This version of Vanishing is more or less a Teleport At Will ability, and cannot be stopped by any known means. It appears in Aetherology, and operates the same as previous editions.

However, unlike previous editions, there is no writeup at all for the pixie Vanishing weakness.

No descriptive text at all.

Just a one-word entry in the stat chart.

Unless you knew the previous edition's rules, there is no way to know that the Vanishing weakness is NOT the same as the Vanishing critter power. I cannot imagine the intent was to give the Pixie the teleport-at-will version. That just breaks pretty much the whole game.

So... wait for Errata?

-k

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #5 on: <04-08-15/0049:49> »
What is the Aspected/Domain background count in your Magic Lodge?
I'm referencing Street Grimoire Pg. 30-32
Looking at the examples on Pg. 31 it seems like it would be no more than 6.
Is it supposed to be the Rating of the Lodge?

runarm

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Newb
« Reply #6 on: <06-01-15/1019:10> »
Would it please be possible to ban the "Friends in High Places" quality (from Run Faster) from Missions play? The sheer brokenness of this quality is mind-boggling.

Also, would it be possible to add an official ruling to the FAQ on how to figure out the GM rewards for Missions that do not include them by default? These would be CMPs updated for use in 5th edition, so they were written before the GM rewards came into play with Season 5. I am aware that this question was answered in a thread somewhere on the forum, but having it on the official FAQ would be nice.

R.

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #7 on: <07-14-15/0912:32> »
Page 460 of the Core Rule Book (Second Printing)

Cultured bioware must be tailor-made for the body in which it will eventually find a home.

With this in mind, can Cultured Bioware be bought Used?
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #8 on: <07-16-15/2052:26> »
Page 460 of the Core Rule Book (Second Printing)

Cultured bioware must be tailor-made for the body in which it will eventually find a home.

With this in mind, can Cultured Bioware be bought Used?

No.  Cultured bioware, by its very nature, is grown using a hosts specific tissue, which shoudl mean that it's only viable in the person it was designed for.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <07-17-15/0156:15> »
Something that is fairly simple, but interesting came up in another part of the forums discussing bioclaws and the +1 reach bonus for using a pair of claws.

During this the question was raised for this applying to cyber weapons as well... there's nothing official but a solid houserule. Would be nice to see this addressed for Missions. Personally always bugged me why you would only buy them for only one hand, but there really isn't any incentive for that second.

Thread in question here.
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #10 on: <07-17-15/2337:27> »
I'll risk speaking for the rest of the Missions FAQ Committee here since I know Ray is swamped with other things. The questions here (in this thread and elsewhere in this sub-forum) have been noted and looked over. (At least those prior to Sunday, July 12th.) Many though not all will be addressed in the next FAQ update; those which are not will be addressed later, hopefully in the next update after that. I can't say when the next update will be released but every effort is being made to have it done before Data Trails and Lockdown become Missions-legal, which also happens to be the first day of GenCon.

There may be some changes in the FAQ submission process after GenCon, but that's for Ray to announce when he's got it settled.

In the meantime, we'll do our best to make note of questions posed here so they can be properly addressed by the team in future updates.
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <07-18-15/0047:58> »
No worries man, wasn't expecting it to pop up this FAQ... I know you guys are going over lots of stuff, just figured this'd be the best place to post a "Hay, this came up and seems relatively straight forward to take a look at when you get a chance"
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

Tai-Pan

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
  • Everything is better with lube.
« Reply #12 on: <07-24-15/1522:43> »
I think the #1 FAQ is at 6 days out from GenCon where is the new FAQ?
Troll bioadept with a throwing knife and a lube grenade looking for a good time.