NEWS

[IC] Cannon Fodder

• 124 Replies

AffreuxLex

« Reply #30 on: <05-20-13/2334:48> »
--  Csjarrat --

Climbing up the wall and along the roof is a breeze.  The curved edges actually make it quite a bit easier.  As you approach the light, it is almost blinding.  With your flare compensators you are still able to make out most of the detail.  You rock back and forth in your gear, checking for a strong hold.  Your initial examination turns up nothing except for it being a glowing white orb.  You carefully remove your hand and reach out toward the light...

-- Ren --

You reach deep into yourself and summon up the energy to cast your spell, a relatively easy thing to do on a normal day.  Today is not a normal day and you find you have to struggle much more than usual.  You can feel something holding back your spell but you persevere and are able to barely shove your way past the barrier.  Soon you find yourself looking into a vast room with a high ceiling.  Metal girders are abundantly stretching out from the concrete floor.  Dust is everywhere and the place is not very well lit.  As you turn to survey the area around yourself it becomes apparent that you are in the middle of a large warehouse or even an old aircraft hangar.  You continue your circle and soon you can see the outside of the room your body is standing within.  A large metal framework surrounds the room along with scaffolding at various intervals.  Based on your limited knowledge, it almost appears as if the room was constructed around you.  You notice movement out of the corner of your eye and when you turn to look you can see a human male dressed in a white lab coat speaking to someone over his  commlink.  He is nodding emphatically and is writing something on a clipboard.

[spoiler]Quick reminder:  Only Ren knows all this until his character decides to share.[/spoiler]

-- Csjarrat --

Your hand is only inches from the orb when you hear someone below sigh.  You roll your eyes and don't notice right away that you've touched the orb.  A crystalline sound echos through the room before the orb drops to the floor and shatters.  The room goes pitch black.  For a moment there is silence then a whirring sound starts to emanate from the spot where the orb would have crashed.

-- Ren --

You noticed the sound of the orb shattering.
[spoiler]Ren perception: -2 for distracted. Target 2. (6d6.hits(5)=3)[/spoiler]

-- All --
((You may post up to one complex action following this post.))

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #31 on: <05-21-13/0417:58> »
Drek! i barely touched the damn thing!

[spoiler]Free action; change linked device mode: helmet light from off to on (via trodes + skinlink)
Simple action: observe in detail (crash site)
int 3, perception 3, active search 3, +1 from visor, -2 partial light (8d6.hits(5)=4)
Simple action: attribute boost (STR) attribute boost (STR): mag 6, boost R1. (7d6.hits(5)=2)
Strength boosted to 6 for 4 combat turns.
Drain resist: drain resist (rating 1 attribute boost), willpower3 + body3 (6d6.hits(5)=0)
Flea takes 1 stun damage[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: <05-21-13/0521:52> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <05-21-13/0508:23> »
Puppeteer didn’t think too much of the sound inside. The others would take care of it, and if it posed any threat, they would shout. The outside provided a much more interesting view at the moment. He spared one more look to the outside surface of the room, to see if there was any exit or weaker point, then with a thought, he transferred the viewpoint closer to the ‘lab assistant’ with the clipboard, and took a closer look at him. He wanted to check who the assistant was and if his garb or his immediate surroundings could give any hint about the situation.
[spoiler=actions]simple action – observe in detail, outside surface of the room
no action – move the sensor
simple action – observe in detail, the lab assistant[/spoiler]
[spoiler=notes on clairvoyance]The success of the spell determines my successes with the perception tests: I had 5 hits, if there was a barrier around the room it removes F/3 hits (rounded up), what remains is my net hits. The sensor’s effective range is 25 meters, that’s how far I can place it, you should take this into consideration for the results of my second action. The description of the spell doesn’t determine any action type to move the sensor so I assumed it is like simple movement (no action), if you want to play this differently, please tell me and I will modify the post accordingly.[/spoiler]
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <05-21-13/0923:01> »
Alex watching the actions of the others and observing their abilities with mild impressiveness. She feels helpless in this environment especially with no tools. Yet, she knows she must find a way to help the others.
Is there any secreat crevice where the orb came from? They put us in here, they're must be way to get out of this place?
If this is indeed a test, she'll make a mental note to explain that she doesn't like being anyones lab rat when she does finally meet the sucker responsible for this.
Is there anything i can do to help any of you?

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <05-21-13/1511:42> »
Drek...

Cuco dove to prone in anticipation of an explosion.

[spoiler]Complex action = Full Defense
I know dropping to prone is a free action but in case tucking, rolling, and bracing for impact is appropriate in addition to just dropping, I figured I'd roll this.  My end position should be in prone if appropriate.

Full Defense -> AGI 4 + Dodge 5 = 9 (9d6.hits(5)=5)

Full Defense = 5 hits!
[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

AffreuxLex

« Reply #35 on: <05-22-13/0041:52> »
-- Csjarrat --

In the gloomy light cast by your flashlight, you can see a small drone hovering above the shattered remains.  The blades of it's twin fans whirring are the only sound you can hear.  You can see lights cover the drone's body which in every direction, they don't appear to be damaged so it is likely that they were switched off.  The drone turns toward you and you hear a new noise, a sort of "clack clack clack" which starts off slowly but quickly gains momentum.  The drone completes it's turn toward you and you can see a tiny little gatling gun spinning at a high speed.

-- Ren --

Your second examination of the room exterior provides no new information.  The structure is solid and was likely built around you while during the time period you can't remember.  Next, you pop your viewpoint over to the man in the white lab coat.  His emphatic conversation over the commlink makes it nearly impossible to read what is on the clipboard.  The man himself is rather unremarkable.  Average height, average weight, short brown hair, and glasses.

[spoiler]
To gain any further information about the clipboard or the man, you will need to roll a perception test.

You do not notice the new noises going on in the room.
Ren Perception. -2 Distracted. (6d6.hits(5)=1)
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Clairvoyance]
That is exactly how I used the spell.  I don't remember where I saw it but I'm pretty sure to change the location for clairvoyance is a free action.
[/spoiler]

-- All --

Initiative!

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <05-22-13/0936:35> »
[spoiler]Initiative -> REA 4 + INT 2 = 6 (6d6.hits(5)=2)

Cuco'sInitiative = 8[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #37 on: <05-22-13/1337:47> »
The noise of the barrels spinning up brought the hairs up on the back of Flea's neck. The 'clack clack clack' sounding like death himself accelerating towards her atop an accelerating freight train. She could feel her heart beat race and the world began to move in slow motion, she had to take that thing out before it could fire!
[spoiler]Initiative test (9d6.hits(5)=2)
Flea is initiative 11, with 2 passes.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <05-22-13/1344:38> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

AffreuxLex

« Reply #38 on: <05-24-13/0032:14> »
[spoiler=Initiative Order]
Drone, Csjarrat, Gustovness, Ren, JDA, Csjarrat
[/spoiler]

Tiny jets of flame burst out from the end of the little gun sending bullets flying at Flea's head as the drone removes all doubt of its friendly intentions filling the air with a loud BRRRAP!

[spoiler=Csjarrat Defender Info]
6d6.hits(5)=3
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ren's Perception]
Ren's Perception, -2 distraction (6d6.hits(5)=2)
Ren notices the gun fire.
[/spoiler]

Csjarrat

• Prime Runner
  • UK based GM + player
« Reply #39 on: <05-24-13/0557:09> »
"Kuso!!!"
The gun was reaching firing speed and Flea knew she was a helpless sitting duck whilst stuck to this ceiling, she had to get down and now!

[spoiler=Defence test]Flea burns one Edge point for a critical success on ranged defence test.[/spoiler]

Flea sends the gecko kit into rapid descent mode, bullets ripping into the wall all around her. She could feel the air pressure change as the bullets passed incredibly close to her head, followed by the metallic reports of the bullets impacting the metal prison they were trapped in; the darting light of her helmet and muzzle flashes combining to create a pyrotechnic display of awesome power in the enclosed space.
The continuous reports of the spinning barrels was deafening, interrupted only by the tinkling of expended cases against the cold steel flooring and the high pitched whine of the glove's controlled descent against the metal of the wall, but she didn't have time to wonder how she was still alive. The wall slid past her hands at a breakneck speed, Flea needing to expertly judge the timing she needed to get the perfect parkour landing and conserve her momentum.
[spoiler]rappeling testclimbing 4, strength 4(6), assisted 2 (12d6.hits(5)=4) flea descends 20m per simple action expended, so is now on the floor level
landing test:
landing test climbing 4, strength 4(6), assisted 2 (12d6.hits(5)=4) Successful landing.[/spoiler]

Kicking off from the wall and landing with a roll, Flea conserves her downwards momentum and breaks into a run round the outside perimeter of the metal room, drawing her weapon.

[spoiler]simple action: rappelling
Free action: run
simple action: ready weapon[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: <05-25-13/0659:34> by Csjarrat »
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Astral
Mentor

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <05-24-13/1121:15> »
Rising to his feet, Cuco cocked back his right hand as if to throw a baseball.  Light and heat began to emanate from his semi closed fist...

[spoiler]FIREBALL force 2

MAG 2 + Spellcasting 5 = 7 (7d6.hits(5)=1)

DRAIN

WIL 3 + CHR 5 = 8 (8d6.hits(5)=2)

This is my first mage character and wife is aggroing me cause we're about to miss our flight.  Didn't want to hold up the game though so @GM! Please crunch any numbers I may have forgotten.  Also, I'm not 100% sure how to calculate drain at this point.  Sorry guys I gtg! 
[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

AffreuxLex

« Reply #41 on: <05-24-13/2232:22> »
[spoiler=Perception Tests]
Csjarrat perception, -3 distractions, etc. (3d6.hits(5)=2)
Ren perception, -3 distractions, etc. (5d6.hits(5)=2)
Gustovness perception, -3 distractions, etc. (2d6.hits(5)=1)
JDA perception, -3 distractions, etc. Note: Min 1 Dice Pool (1d6.hits(5)=0)
[/spoiler]

-- Csjarrat, Ren--
Nothing happens the way you expect it to.  First, Flea miraculously dodges an almost point blank shot completely unscathed.  Secondly, the ricochets did not react the way you expected them to.  Instead of a series of loud metallic bangs, you hear a bunch of soft thuds.  There are no sparks either.

--  Gustovness --
You are amazed by the incredible luck that that guy didn't just get shot in the face but not so amazed that it didn't escape your attention that there was no ricochets.

-- JDA --
Holy shit! How did that guy not die?!

-- Gustovness--
[spoiler=assumptions]
Your fireball will have a 2 meter radius which works out roughly to 6 feet I believe.  Given the situation, I don't think anyone would be standing that close to it with the exception of Flea who just dropped to the floor after hanging within touching distance but he also burst into a sprint right away so I think it is safe to assume he would be out of the way by then.
[/spoiler]

The fireball explodes out of your hand as you let loose a big pitch.  The room illuminates with a blinding flash as the fireball slams into the side of the drone.  It takes a moment for your eyes to readjust to the darkness but when it does you can see some nice scorch marks and a dented panel.  However the force of the impact has twisted the drone around to face you and the mini gatling gun has not spun down!

Ren

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <05-25-13/0612:36> »
Puppeteer knew there was trouble inside. The muffled sound of gunshots, followed by the heat he could feel even from a distance, made him let the spell go. When his sight returned, his eyes widenet at the drone with the gun. He knew he wasnt equipped to deal with this kind of threat. Luckily, he never was alone. "O, spirits of the Great Beyond, hear my plea. Grant me thy help, guard my body and my soul with thine, and help me dispatch my enemies." With that, he reached deep into the astral, to call forth a being with the necessary power to dispatch the drone.
[spoiler=actions]free action - finish concentrating on the spell
complex action - summon a Force 5 Guardian spirit, with elemental attack (cold) as optional power[/spoiler]
[spoiler=summoning rolls]summoning: MAG(5) + Summoning(4) + Power Focus(2) (11d6.hits(5)=5)
spirit resistance: Force(5) (5d6.hits(5)=2)
drain code is 4S, spirit owes 3 services
drain: CHA(7) + WIL(5) (12d6.hits(5)=4), no drain[/spoiler]

A spirit of a mighty indian warrior appeared in astral space, unseen to even Puppeteer. However, his mere presence had a calming effect on his mind.
"Speech", Matrix, >>Text<<, Thoughts, Astral
Bulldog
Stake

Gustovness

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <05-25-13/0947:38> »
Cuco, dazed, looked at the scorching wall and then back to the drone that was now barreling down on him. He didn't know what bothered him more, the gun pointing at him or the headache that was crashing down on him now due to drain.

Maybe a bullet will be the next best thing after an asprin.

He chuckled.

[spoiler]-1 dice modifier applied[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix
Mentor Spirit

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <05-25-13/1730:32> »
Alex, standing in complete amazment at her surroundings the drone, gattlin gun and flea managing not to get shot by it. Then the fireball that had exploded in the room. Knowing that a mage is present on our side is very beneficial and comforting, Holy shit, what have we gotten into and how and from where are we being observed from. No doubt who ever is in charge here, and it definitely not us is observing this test.
A slight pause..
If they can speak with us then they can here us, and seeing how i have no weapons. I'm left to do, what i do best. Hope these guys don't yhink im completely nuts.
To whomever, is pulling the strings here and yes i know that you can hear me. I ask for a leap of faith from you, so that we can best negotiate our situation and what it is that you are wanting from us with these test. as you can see have have demonstrated a small sampling of our abilities to you in response to your drone. At this time, so that fruitful communication can take place you need to recall your drone out of it's attack mode or we will be force to destroy it. Something that we both can agree would be a pointless and expensive test on your part.