NEWS

Runner's Toolkit - PACKs

• 8 Replies

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« on: <03-18-11/1312:34> »
I noticed that in the Gear kits, the Focus kits have BP listed based on the costs of the Foci, but each foci also have BP for the bonding. Wouldn't it make more sense to total the Foci Bonding BP in with the Kit BP total?

Wayfinder

• Newb
  • fraggin fragged frag
« Reply #1 on: <03-18-11/1844:14> »
I've always wondered why in all the sourcebooks the character creation tables never combine the bonding cost with the equipment cost of the foci. It's always a confusing point with newbies. At least putting the costs near each other would be a help.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #2 on: <03-20-11/1915:57> »
I would assume it's there to allow someone the option of owning the focus but not spending the points to bond with it.  I'm not a huge fan of it, myself, but I guess they're just not wanting to force players into investing to bond with something before gameplay starts.

Damien Granz

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <04-05-11/0810:31> »
I have a player who wants to take the Spy Car (24BP), for a character. The car in question has a Body 10 and Smart Armor 20 (for 20,000¥). Unless I'm mistaken though, shouldn't said car be limited to 10 smart armor, and wouldn't any armor over 10 reduce the Acceleration and Speed by 20%?

James McMurray

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <04-05-11/1105:11> »
Yeah, smart armor is limited to Body x 2 or 10, whichever is lower. Maybe it's supposed to be concealed armor? Since smart armor can't be concealed it doesn't sound like something that's all that useful for a "spy car."
Need a random generator?  Click here.

Check out our campaign.

Raventrickster

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <04-05-11/1849:33> »
That would match the list price, Concealed armor is rating x 1000, Smart armor is rating x 2000, which would be 40k if you were even able to do smart armor at 20.  I would also agree that it would match the theme better.

Damien Granz

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <04-05-11/2128:06> »
Yeah, smart armor is limited to Body x 2 or 10, whichever is lower. Maybe it's supposed to be concealed armor? Since smart armor can't be concealed it doesn't sound like something that's all that useful for a "spy car."

That would match the list price, Concealed armor is rating x 1000, Smart armor is rating x 2000, which would be 40k if you were even able to do smart armor at 20.  I would also agree that it would match the theme better.

Oh wow, this is why I shouldn't post a question at 7 in the morning. I did mean concealed armor, thanks for the catch.

But, isn't concealed armor still regulated by pretty much the same rule (max or Body * 2 or 10, which ever is lower)? I'm sorry if this is already addressed somewhere else or if this isn't the right place to ask, and thank you for your patience with my question.

James McMurray

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <04-05-11/2216:21> »
Oops. Yeah, concealed armor is capped at 10 as well. Looks like an errata item to me.
Need a random generator?  Click here.

Check out our campaign.

Raventrickster

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <04-06-11/1428:05> »
That would be one that needs an updated errata for arsenal as well, because in the base book it says max for concealed is 10 in the paragraph, but they give it a 1-20 entry in the table and no mention of it in the errata document either way.