NEWS

Star Wars: Squadrons...

• 8 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« on: <10-08-20/0940:06> »
Who's up for making Shadowrunner Squadron?

I call dibs on Runner-1, AKA:  Runner Actual.

Additional:  The game is crossplay, so we don't even need to be on the same platforms to play together!
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #1 on: <10-09-20/0839:14> »
Who's up for making Shadowrunner Squadron?

I call dibs on Runner-1, AKA:  Runner Actual.

Additional:  The game is crossplay, so we don't even need to be on the same platforms to play together!
This sounds awesome!
Unfortunately, I made a poor life decision and got Baldur's Gate 3 instead.... 
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #2 on: <10-09-20/1110:35> »
Boo.  Hope for a financial windfall for you then.

No one else wants in on this?  A multiplayer game where you're not stuck with potty-mouthed 8-year olds who have apparently had sex with everyone's mothers?

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Sir Ludwig

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <10-09-20/1310:35> »
CanRay,

I have played a few games of Squadrons... the force is NOT strong with this one. 

CanRay, will send you my Orgin's info.

Later,
SL

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-09-20/1538:00> »
Righto...

So, in order to remove the extreme sense of violation that Baldur's Gate 3 has left in me, I did the only thing a proud Canuck can do...

I went out and got 6 flats of beer, a case if Whiskey, dusted off the Sidewinder Pro joystick (and I mean dusted! There must have been an inch of dust on it since I havn't used it once in ten years!), and am currently installing Squadrons...

Runner-2 will be flying as soon as the game is installed, and the monitor is taped to the desk! (its currently "sliding" and "wobbling" from side to side...couldn't have anything to do with the beer...)

AND..... it not going to happen me thinks......
+

I know I have been drinking... but I am not fucking retarded..... So far, I have logged about 1 hour... and it all been trying to get the game to do what the game is telling me to do, but it just won't FUCKING DO IT!!!

asking me to shoot missiles... fine. how the fuck do you do that?!?!?!?! the game is as clear as fucking MUD.... its not a button push, regardless of what the dipshit in the fucking game says.. and its not a keyboard command regardless of what the fucking dipshit says.... I have KILLED MYSELF creashing into the ships trying to fucking fire the missiles as asked and doing sweet fuck all....

And then there is the nice pop up "your action keys are not assigned, quit the mission and assign action keys to continue....

OK... exactly WHAT are "action keys"?? what the fuck do they do?!?!?!? Cause you CAN'T change controls for a fucking joystick from ANYWHERE other then the fucking cockpit, and there are 30 things they want you to assign, but they don't tell what the fuck half them fucking do....

And you CAN'T leave the fucking game... as there is NO exit function from a fucking match so you can, you know read the non existant manual on what fuck you are supposed to do!!!! or what the fuck the commands these "action keys" (that I set up, I think, but the game says I haven't EVERY FUCKING TIME I LOAD INTO THE MISSION)

I must be getting old as dirt.  On the plus side.. a 5 minute mod download, and 15 minutes set up and X-wing Alliance runs beautifully on Windows 10...

But then again, X-wing alliance is from 2003, when they MADE games to WORK out of the box... 
« Last Edit: <10-09-20/1802:46> by Reaver »

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #5 on: <10-09-20/1845:10> »
yea...

an hour of game play and can't get the controls mapped out.
an hour of online searches for a manual to figure out whaty the FUCK I am supposed to do... (news flash! NO FUCKING MANUAL!)

Refund requested...

After the BG3 shittery I am NOT going down the same fucking road... AGAIN.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #6 on: <10-09-20/2148:36> »
Sorry.   :'(

This is why I'm so heavily against EA games, stuff like no manuals.

FYI:  You might want to get a wired X-Box Controller, games, far too often, are made for consoles today, and they map the buttons the same which means the programs TYPICALLY recognize you have such-and-such a controller, and will display on the screen what buttons to press.  (Before people complain, after I shattered my elbow, which is identical to being kneecapped but in an ARM, I can't do mouse-and-keyboard any longer.).

It's also why I got the game for PS4 instead of PC, especially as they made the damned thing Crossplay (I hope.).

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <10-09-20/2227:09> »
Yea 
In this case the straw that broke the camel's bavk was the 2nd mission in the fucking game... they ask you to fire missiles at a ship.....

Push the 3 botton to fire.....
Ok.... nothing happens. Try again. Nothing. Try again nothing.

Lose the joystick, go to KB and mouse.
"Use the right mouse button to fire missiles.... ok...
Right click. Nothing. Try again. Nothing. Again.... nothing....
REMAP THE FUCKING MISSILE FIRE TO THE 3 KEY ON THE KB....
press the 3 key to fire missiles.
Ñadda.
Try again. Nadda.
TRY AGAIN WITH A FUCKING HAMMER!!!! Nadda.

Spend an hour looking for the fucking manual on what the fuck to do.... NADDA!!

3 DIFFERENT articles from 3 different publishers tell me to do 3 entirely fucking DIFFERENT things to do to fire fucking missiles.......

Really?!?!?!

Not even the motherfucking "pros" can agree on how to get a fucking core mechanic to work????

FUCK YOU EA. FUCK YOU WITH YOUR OWN KEYBOARD. SIDEWAYS.  WRAPPED IN BARBED WIRE.

and don't forget to rotate that barbwire sideways keyboard at least 720 degrees while inserted.

<edited for spelling>
ON the moronic side of things....

A game, made 17 years ago, for an operating system 3 generations out of date..... Works great with a 1 gig texture and win10 mod patch...
Joystick controls all responsive. intuitive control set up out of the box..
Tutorial goes by like a breeze.....

Everything. Just. Works....

X-wing alliance. Old as dirt, works the first time.. 65 page manual in DTF...

Star Was Squadrons (not a spelling mistake!): made by a MULTI BILLION dollar company. Can't even be bothered to tell you how their controls work with a fucking PDF....

EA: fucking up gaming since 1991.
« Last Edit: <10-09-20/2343:29> by Reaver »

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #8 on: <10-09-20/2232:49> »
Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff...   :'(

#ThisTaserGoesTo11