NEWS

Escaping D&D

• 1 Replies

Dudesomebody

• Newb
« on: <10-07-20/2317:57> »
  Hi everyone, was hoping you guys could help me find some good resources for finding an online gaming group. My current group has a bunch of awesome people in it, they are great to hang out with and fun to play with....but they love D&D. Before joining up with them I played in an awful, rotten, not so good group that played nothing but D&D...to my shame I stayed with said group for 15 years. Needless to say, I hate D&D and all of its off shoots. I would love to find a group that plays something else, almost anything else, but I have heard enough horror stories that searching for a group online is...dubious at best. Thought maybe you guys could lend a fellow chummer a hand.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <10-08-20/0015:36> »
I'd recommend Shadowrun Missions Online.  https://srmissionsonline.com/

They play official/living campaign material, but even if that's not your cup of soykaf you can chat with the players and GMs in the SRMO discord server and probably find someone who's got room in their own private games.
RPG mechanics exist to give structure and consistency to the game world, true, but at the end of the day, you’re fighting dragons with algebra and random number generators.